OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

Looking at the pictures of the bread pudding, where are the bananas? It used to be bananas foster sauce. That just looks like caramel sauce from a jar.

Looking at the review I wish they had something next to those skillets like a credit card, dollar bill etc. In the pictures they look like toy skillets with a serving for one person.

Pretty much as expected. We have reservations for next week but unless they make a change (doubtful) in that time, definitely cancelling. Not spending $55 on that mess of a dinner :crazy2:. So many other places that they haven't changed for the worse yet.
Eagerly awaiting Trails End review. popcorn::

Pretty much as expected. We have reservations for next week but unless they make a change (doubtful) in that time, definitely cancelling. Not spending $55 on that mess of a dinner :crazy2:. So many other places that they haven't changed for the worse yet.
Eagerly awaiting Trails End review. popcorn::
We are canceling too. I was waiting on reviews but wasn’t too hopeful.

The breakfast looked good. I read you could ask for bacon and get eggs to order but I’m waiting to hear more reports of that before I decide.

In the Blog Mickey article it says that they have done away with the peanut dipping sauce "because of the prevalence of nut allergies,". In the United States, peanut allergy is present in 0.6% of the population.

Yeah that’s a poor excuse. My son has a peanut allergy…. Keep the sauce. We’ll tell you if we have an allergy so you don’t bring it…

Disney Food Blog posted an article on dinner, and it features an allergy menu. As someone with a gluten allergy, the options sound excellent for me.

Steamed rice instead of noodles. Two types of chicken. Steak. Wings. And gf doughnuts with coconut ice cream (perhaps I can request the regular dairy ice cream).

Initial impressions don’t seem positive, but hopefully it improves by the time we go in August. ‘Ohana is a cash cow for Disney, so if negative reception impacts profitability and bookings, it’ll change.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...-reunited-with-ohana-noodles-in-disney-world/

My cousin's allergy is so bad that he has gotten allergic reactions from particles in the air while walking past restaurants. If the kitchen messed up, it'd be a trip to the hospital. A lot of schools have banned nuts altogether for that reason.

I feel for him, but unfortunately the world doesn’t accommodate allergies for such a small part of the population. Several local restaurants here don’t even have an understanding of gluten unfortunately, so I don’t go. Disney has excellent allergy preparations and precautions, however your cousin may also need to make some tough choices due to their extenuating circumstance. I can’t get behind, for example, a restaurant only using gf breads to avoid cross contamination.

Wow. That was not a good review. 😂

Why on earth would they not give you a dipping sauce with the pot-stickers??? That's just bizarre.

At the very least a soy glaze or …anything. Have to imagine this is one of the small things they “fix”

Disney Food Blog posted an article on dinner, and it features an allergy menu. As someone with a gluten allergy, the options sound excellent for me.

Steamed rice instead of noodles. Two types of chicken. Steak. Wings. And gf doughnuts with coconut ice cream (perhaps I can request the regular dairy ice cream).

Initial impressions don’t seem positive, but hopefully it improves by the time we go in August. ‘Ohana is a cash cow for Disney, so if negative reception impacts profitability and bookings, it’ll change.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...-reunited-with-ohana-noodles-in-disney-world/

We also are going in August, and I’m not cancelling yet. I have to see how things shake out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter