O'hana or Kona

twotoohappy

<font color=red>Lovin' Pete!<br><font color=teal>I
I want to take my mom out for dinner and I'm having my daughter stay at the Neverland Club. Which is better......O'hanas or Kona????
thanks.......

We haven't eaten dinner at 'Ohana but do love dinner at Kona. However both places will have tons of children in them and are VERY casual.

If I was paying to have my child in Neverland Club I think I'd venture a little further on the monrail for dinner. California Grill, Narcoossee's and Citricos are all great choices. Now there will be children at these spots too but the atmosphere is more relaxed and conducive to an adult dinner. Seriously if I was at Kona or 'Ohana I'd be wishing my child was with me.

Forgive my unsolicited advice!:D

Originally posted by twotoohappy
I want to take my mom out for dinner and I'm having my daughter stay at the Neverland Club. Which is better......O'hanas or Kona????

At the Poly we do almost all of our "casual" dining at the Kona. Kid friendly, great food, and good coffee for me. :)

That said, we do dinner with our CM "cousins" at O'Hanas at least once and that is what I'd recommend. Part dinner, part island atmosphere, part entertainment (including some games for the kiddies, believe it or not!)

We also take my DS5 to the O'Hanas character breakfast once per trip.

Weve never eaten at Ohana(plan to inDecember), but Kona Cafe is our favorite restaurant in WDW. The food, service, and atmosphere are wonderful...and its reasonably priced to boot.
DH & I had 1 night in WDW alone, without our kids and we chose to go to the Kona Cafe. Yes we did see a couple kids in there, but that didnt bother us. We were relaxed(without our kids) and we enjoyed a wonderful meal.

I currently have a review up on the 'Ohana dinner on my site (use link in my signature). Maybe it will help you decide. :)

Have eaten at both for the past 5 trips and to boil it down to the bottom line: 'Ohana = Quantity; Kona = Quality. Liked both but 'Ohana was VERY hurried this past June. Have seen and heard many reviews of both, usually very good. It's really not a bad choice either way. Enjoy.

My vote is for O'hana! It's a little noisy but getting a seat by the window with a view of the lake more than makes up for it. Plus, ya gotta love the all you can eat aspect!:p

Although I love both, I would say for the two of you Kona Cafe. It's more relaxed and the atmosphere is very warm. 'Ohana is great, too, but I always seem to feel rushed in there and it can get noisy with the coconut races.

But you really can't go wrong food-wise with either.

Have a great trip.

Can you post how your child's Neverland Club experience is? Thanks!!!

I love both restaurants ... but since it is you and your mom I recommend Kona. The food is superb (especially the tuna) and the desserts are my favorite in all of WDW ... Koko Puffs, the Kids Sundae, they are all great!:D The service I have had there was always wonderful :D :D :D

'ohana is great too, but I think that is a place where you can go when have your daughter with you. Also, my DD6 just LOVES the Neverland Club. She would like to go every night while we are in WDW!!!:p

On our last trip to Disney we stayed at the Poly. Although my kids would tell you they love O'hanas the most, my DH and I really enjoyed Kona. The food quality was excellent and the staff was great. :p

The food at Kona Cafe is very good and the desserts are good to look at and eat.

I may be in the minority, but I hate O'hana. I've eaten there twice, but never again. The service has been mediocre, and the meat is served super-well-done. The games can be fun for children, but surely there is a better way to entertain kids.

We have eaten at both 'Ohana and Kona...

'Ohana is a fun place and good food, though I find by the end of the meal I am tired of all the sweet flavors of the food. And since it is all-you-can eat, I always seem to end up over full (my fault!!!).

Kona however is a casual atmosphere with excellent food. We ate here in July when our Luau was cancelled due to rain. What an amazing surprise. And since it is not a fixed menu (as 'Ohana is), your mom will have lots to choose from.

If you go, I highly recommend the potstickers and the tuna!!! Here's the menu:

http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_kcd.htm

good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter