Ohana's for Dinner w/kids?

Wampy2

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what alternative food they offer for kids? I don't think my DD's 2 & 4 will eat the usual offerings. Thanks!!

We didn't request alternate food for our grandson a couple of weeks ago. At first he wasn't sure he would like the food, but after tasting it, he loved some of it. He was almost 4 at the time. Kind of picky and not terribly willing to try new things. After he tasted the chicken wings he LOVED them. He also liked the green beans and even the salad. For the main course he liked the grilled meats. They are not terribly spicy or different. He had a blast with the kids games. I would highly recommend this restaurant for kids. Even with the different types of food. For his dessert we asked for just a bowl of ice cream with choc. sauce and they were happy to accommodate us. Give it a try...it is worth it. He loved watching the MK fireworks from the dinner table.

We were at OHana's in May with our DS's (then 8 and 6) and they were able to order chicken fingers and grilled cheese. I think it came from Kona Cafe next door. Just ask when you are seated or when you make your PS. By the way, my kids had a blast there. Yours will love it.

My son also ordered "alternative" food - think it was grilled cheese. However be prepared to pay dearly for it - we were charged the same amount (think it's $9.95) as we would have been had he eaten the usual offeriings. I understand the reasoning, but others have reported being charged the Kona price for a kids meal. Just don't be surprised at the charge...
We loved it - hope you do too!

The last three years we have eaten at Ohana on our trip and each time my son has ordered the chicken fingers and each time we were just charged the price of that food - not the kids food price. We were pleasantly surpised each time.

Nine days to go!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My daughter got chicken fingers once. However, now she's decided she likes the food they bring out.

What time should you get PS for Ohana's to see the fireworks and should you ask for a specifis seat?

When we go back in December, I'll feed my 3yo dd something quick at the beginning of the meal and then order her the shaved ice that comes in the bucket. This should keep her still while we enjoy a long meal! ;) She loves ice!!

My little girl won't eat at all. We have no idea how she survives.

She loves Ohana and eats better there than most places. Kids really like that flame grilled, super tender turkey. We've gone several years in a row and my little girl learned to say turkey at Ohana. They serve a variety of food, but none of it is weird.

For dessert you kid can get a big snowcone served in a plastic pail and eaten with a toy shovel.

The restaurant is very fun. Kids get to participate in coconut broom races and hula hoops. We book our PS about 30 minutes before MK fireworks. The Ohana turns down the lights and pumps in the music. Great time.

Now, Citricos at the GF, which has a great view of the MK, didn't even seat that section of the restaurant. When we asked about the fireworks the CM's had no idea when the shows were on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter