OK give it to me straight - is there any chance of getting the boardwalk view?

Patpat15

DVCer
Yes Yes Yes
two and a half weeks and we will be at BWV. I made the reservation at the 11 month date, adding the last day each day calling to add the day. I requested a one bedroom with BW view and non smoking I think. Is there any way I can check or help my chances. We are arriving on the 17th of Feb. Is there a room assignment date or a person who does this. Please help.

I stayed at the BWV in a one bedroom for the past two years, and had requested a BW view each time when I made my reservation through MS. I never phoned or faxed anything after that, and got everything I asked for. The BW view is spectacular! It is wonderful to see the fireworks at Epcot at night, and hear the boats wake you up in the morning. Beware of the birds if you are up high. The tend to like to hang out on the top floor balconies and watch the action too. Also, just so you are not surprised, the crowds leaving the bars on Friday and Sat nights can be a bit loud, though only for a short while. The BW view rooms are also the furthest from the elevators, so be prepared to get some exercise. You don't have a lot of hallway noise, though. The view is amazing, and my favorite part of staying there is sitting on my balcony in am and pm to watch all the happenings. Hope you have fun!!!! and get the view you asked for. ;)

I am one of the lucky ones I guess--the six times I have requested BW view I have gotten it (a 1BR or 2BR). Reservations were made anywhere from 8 to 11 months out for those times and did nothing but request it when I made the ressie.

I guess I'm the unlucky one, I made my reservation for BW view at the 11 month mark for the first week of December and didn't get it - got quiet pool view. Couple of things I would have changed - I also requested top floor, we got the top floor over the quiet pool. So I would have left that off. Also I wish I would have faxed the room controller, it wouldn't have hurt.
They offered to check if one was available later in our stay, but I declined because I didn't want to pack up and move, especially with groceries. But that brings up another question, did they offer this to someone who came in earlier that week and they accepted, taking our room?

Keep in mind that only about 20% of BWV accommodations offer BW view. Your likelyhood of getting that preference depends on how many of those rooms are available on your check-in date. Some obviously have had great success getting their requests. Good Luck!

We were lucky enough to get BW view on our first trip as owners last November. We had asked for top floor too but ended up with second floor, it was fine. We booked only 6 months ahead so I didn't hold out much hope. Then we didn't check in until about 5:30pm so I figured that all BW view requests had already been filled for the day.

It makes sense that they might assign rooms based on which rooms have been cleaned and are ready. The probably try to fill our requests as best they can but when there just aren't enough BW view to go around - it might depend on when you show up.

Dixie Landings '94, '96
Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club '98
Off site (never again) '99
BWV '00
HHI '01

Heidi

I have previously had only the standard BWV view but I am arriving next month with preferred view ressies. I have requested the Boardwalk view and I will let everyone know how that turns out! I am crossing my fingers!

<font color=red>
Carol</font>

<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font>
<font color=red>Co Moderator - Cruise Board</font>
<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - DVC Board</font>
<font color=red>Cruise and DVC Chat Host</font>

We decided on a quick trip and made reservations
2 weeks out. We requested a Boardwalk View and
received it. I did fax the room controller about
3 days before.

I made reservations for a 2 bdrm BW view 5 months before and got what I had requested. If you call the BW they will tell you that you MAY get the view you requested--they will never confirm that your specific view was granted. At the time of check-in our room wasn't ready, we asked the CM if we had gotten a view of the BW and she said, 'possibly' (didn't she know whether or not we had it at that point???). When we returned to see our room, it was then that she said he had the view of the Boardwalk. I wouldn't bother faxing, calling, etc. Some people on these boards have also mentioned that the least amount of requests the better. We just asked for non-smoking and BW view, not non-smoking, BW view, close to the elevators, top floor, etc. etc. etc. Keep it simple!
M*M

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter