Ok , tell me about amabama white sauce.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
For all you southerners, tell me about alabama white sause. We dont get that up north. I want to make it, but since its mayo based and has horshradish, is it more of a horshradish mayo then a BBQ sause? Only asking because i have horshradish mayo in the fridge, and dont want to make a scratch batch of alabama white sause if its the same thing. Yes its for the smoker, lol.

I may be in alabama but haven't had the amabama white sauce very often so I have no feedback for you Sjm9911.

However, I do have horseradish in my fridge because I make my own cocktail sauce so it has a little extra "kick" to it (and I use ketchup with no sugar in it because I don't want a SWEET cocktail sauce, I want a spicy cocktail sauce.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm not much of an outside smoker/griller/fryer guy. I'm more an inside cooking guy. I'm making two cheesecakes this afternoon for tomorrow - one a straight up NY style cheesecake and one a pumpkin cheesecake. :stir:

EDIT - Is your horseradish mayo homemade so you know the proportion of horsey? I'd make a small batch of sauce with the horsey mayo (no added horsey) and see how you like it.

Last edited:
If the wind shifts direction on the Festival weekend, Teamubr, do your eyes burn if you're outside at the pool or doing yard work? It sounds like an interesting thing to see and wander around at. Ed

Lol, i like horshradish. Just dont know anything about the alabama white sause. When reading the recipe they said it was a must. So i figured i qas missing out on some type of bbq sause that was wonderful and well known. Its not needed. And dosent sound like much else but horshradish sause so mayo.

My mom makes the best ny cheese cake. Takes her a while and costs a ton. I am making Christmas crack right now. I cant bake so this is easy.

And my horshradish mayo is store bought, its good though. I have reguler in the fridge also.

Ok ,and i messed up the Christmas crack recipe also. Lol. I cant bake at all. Even easy stuff.

Ty, i think i may just add some vinegar to the horseradish sause( mayo) i have. I think that may be it.

Ok so added some brown sugger, mustard , apple cider vinegar and a touch of cayane peper to my horshradish sause. Its hot sweet and tangy. Hope thats how its supost to be. Its also hot. Lol. Not bad , we will see how it pairs with the chicken.

Ok so added some brown sugger, mustard , apple cider vinegar and a touch of cayane peper to my horshradish sause. Its hot sweet and tangy. Hope thats how its supost to be. Its also hot. Lol. Not bad , we will see how it pairs with the chicken.

Horseradish (processed with horsey, vinegar, salt, and "flavoring") is seventh on the list of ingredients in Duke's White BBQ Sauce.

https://www.dukesmayo.com/product/alabama-style-white-bbq-sauce/

Click the "Ingredients" word on the left side. Sounds good - I bet your's will be good too!

Ed

What is this ?!!!!! I'll have to see if our local store has this in stock. I am not a huge BBQ sauce fa- BORING I know, just give me some S&P with a ash of garlic and I'm good; But horseradish is tasty so I'd love to give something new a try!

Lol, jimmy buffs. No , they dont get any bbq sause. Some ketchup and spicy mustard and tons of oil. If anyone hasn't tried it yet , its hevenly. Deep fried dog, pizza bread, onions and pepers and fresh fried sliced potatoes. Mustard goes inside of the bread, then the dog, onions and peppers, top woth the potatoes and ketchup. ..........

Lol, jimmy buffs. No , they dont get any bbq sause. Some ketchup and spicy mustard and tons of oil. If anyone hasn't tried it yet , its hevenly. Deep fried dog, pizza bread, onions and pepers and fresh fried sliced potatoes. Mustard goes inside of the bread, then the dog, onions and peppers, top woth the potatoes and ketchup. ..........

These folks don't know what any of that means except for the very few. :)

These folks don't know what any of that means except for the very few. :)

And nobody wants to? :rolleyes:

I mean, using the terms "jersey" and "bbq" together is like saying "ketchup" and "french cuisine" together. :sad2:

giphy.gif

I rest my case, your Honor. Seriously. Love ya'll.

Bless your hearts. Ed

Last edited:
And nobody wants to? :rolleyes:

I mean, using the terms "jersey" and "bbq" together is like saying "ketchup" and "french cuisine" together. :sad2:

giphy.gif

I rest my case, your Honor. Seriously. Love ya'll.

Bless your hearts. Ed
Its a jersey thing ed. If ya disrespect the food , ya end up in the pine barrons.....
* looks both ways*
i dont want to be tommy talks a lot , it never ends well for him.......
Maybe we said to much already........

:teeth:

Its a jersey thing ed.

Oh we got that point. But the ketchup angle is in ya'lls blind spot.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up sauerkraut and all its many nuances yet. Or horseradish stories.

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat while watching college football tonight.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter