OKW 1 Bedroom for 215.00 per night!

Bumpy

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DVC members,
A while ago someone was inquiring about cash discounts at dvc resorts during the breakage period. I just thought that I would share my good luck in reserving a 1 bedroom at OKW for 215.00 per night for Aug 31-sep1. It is annual passholder rate! not florida residence though! What a great price I could not refuse, the points for that stay would have been 88. We are staying at WLV for the other 5 nights on points. Tried to book WLV for cash but the price was a lot more than OKW even with the passholder discount. But for that price I dont mind moving at all! Just thought someone else might like to conserve some points! Defenitly much chaeper than point usage with maid service to boot. Have a Great Day!!!!!!! :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Those are great rates. No need to worry about getting 25% off of the rack rate if these opportunities are available. 2BR for $253 would be less than the moderate resorts when split between two couples or small families!!

makes the option to rent points from a DVC member at $10/point (or more) decidedly unattractive.

253 plus tax = 280.83/night
Least number of points for June (Std view, Dream Season)
Sun-Thurs = 30 pts/night

To be equivalent in price, points would need to rent for $9.36 each. Of course that doesn't account for difference in housekeeping service, the risk to the renter, availability of standard view vs preferred view or the difference in cancellation policy between DVC and CRO.

This is such a great rate that I doubt very many rooms were (or will be) available at that rate. But it is the first time I've actually heard of a rate charged by Disney that makes renting points for weeknights to be more expensive than reserving directly through Disney. IMHO, renting for weekends is virtually always more expensive than the Disney cash rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter