OKW Building Configuration Summary

Isn't it about time this got a bump...

(hope there is not a new and improved version of this... if so sorry about bumping)

Nothing new and improved to the information here, so thanks for the bump!

Diane,
Do you have the coded map that shows the buildings that are guaranteed HH? That would be the only thing different than the original.

Diane,
Do you have the coded map that shows the buildings that are guaranteed HH? That would be the only thing different than the original.

Here's the newest version of the coded map:

OKWMap-January2008.jpg

What buildings used to be smoking buildings?? And has anyone stayed in one lately and do they still have lingering smells?

What buildings used to be smoking buildings?? And has anyone stayed in one lately and do they still have lingering smells?

There really shouldn't be any remaining noticeable odor, it has been a nearly a year.

And please remember that smoking discussions (pros and cons) are not allowed on the DVC Boards.

The HH category is bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.

I spent a couple of hours last week doing a survey of the buildings at OKW. There are seven different configurations. I have assigned a letter designation to each type described below (these are my own observations and are NOT official.) All room rooms are numbered from right to left as you look at the building from the parking area. Each floor will be numbered by building number, floor and room. The studio on the lower right first floor of building 16 is #1610. The 1BR next door is #1611.

GV's are found in Buildings 15,16,19,22,25,29,43,48,49,51,53 and 63.
Buildings 62, 63 and 64 all have elevators but no other Buildings are accessible above the ground floor.
As of June 1, 2007 - all WDW resorts are smoke-free with no smoking allowed in rooms, balconies, and patios as well all public areas. There are designated smoking areas available outdoors. In Buildings 11-29, the 1BR and 2BR villas have one entrance to the master bathroom - thru the master bedroom. In Buildings 30-64, there is an additional access to the master bath thru the laundry room. The jacuzzi area is separate from the master bath which has the toilet, shower and sink.

All of the following descriptions are listed from right to left, as you face the building from the parking area.

Type A buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
3rd Floor- 2,2,2
Buildings 13,20,21,23,26,27,28,32,33,34,36,37,39,41,42,45,46,47,50,52,54,56 and 62 are all Type A.

Type B buildings are all 2 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,1,S
Buildings 11,17,24,30,31,40,44 and 55 are all Type B.

Type C buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,1,S (#6322 is a HCA GV)
3rd Floor- GV, GV (upper floors)
Buildings 15,16 19,22,25,29,43,49,51,53 and 63 are all Type C.

Type D buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- 2,1,S,S,1,1,S,S,1,2
2nd Floor- 2,1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1,2
3rd Floor- 1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1
Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are all Type D.

Type E- #48 is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,GV (#4815 is a HCA GV)
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,GV,GV(upper Floor)
3rd Floor- GV,GV,GV (upper floor of all)

Type E- #49 is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,GV,1,S
3rd Floor- GV,GV,GV (upper floor of all)

Building 48 and 49 are the only Type E buildings and each has a variant configuration.

TypeF is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S,1,S
3rd Floor- S,1,2,2
Building 64 is the only Type F.

TypeG is a 2 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,2
Building 12 is the only Type G.

Gary (GDUL) has prepared a coded map of OKW with GVs and HC accessible buildings noted along with the designated smoking areas for the resort.

Enjoy!

BCV Resort Configuration

HH Resort Configuration

SSR Configuration

Doc,

Do you know where I can get a configuration like this for VWL?

Doc,

Do you know where I can get a configuration like this for VWL?

To my knowledge, no one has compiled a similar report for VWL. There are some room reports about the various views at VWL around. When we stayed at VWL I didn't have enough time to create the same report.

Sorry! :(

So today I snagged a grand villa in the HH area of OKW. Am I correct that would have to be in building 25?On the map that looks like the only HH building that has GV.

So today I snagged a grand villa in the HH area of OKW. Am I correct that would have to be in building 25?On the map that looks like the only HH building that has GV.

Yes, Building 25 has the only GVs in the "Near HH" booking category. There are 2 GVs in that building and they have a golf course view. The building is very near the Peninsular Road bus stop - the first stop when returning from the parks.

The original DVC Sales Center - The Commodore House - was located where Building 62 now sits. When the sales center was moved to BWV, the Commodore House was torn down and Buildings 62, 63 and 64 were added and sales were reopened for those buildings (it sold out again in October, 1999). The original Miller's Road ran thru what is now Building 63 and the roadway was re-routed to include the area that was previously the parking lot for the sales center. IMO, Buildings 62-64, 15, 16 and 17 aer also "near HH" but are not included in the booking category. The original sales model villas were found in Building 16. There are GVs in Buildings 15, 16 and 63 in that area of the resort. 16 has nice views of an island green and surrounding pond and 15/63 also have a similar view of a different island green and different pond. 15 also has a nice wooded view.

Enjoy! :)

Does anyone know if there are any OKW maps that show where specific room numbers are located in each building? I have seen this for other resorts but can't seem to find this level of detail for OKW.
BTW, thanks Doc for all of the excellent information you provide in your posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter