OKW - rooms

Andy Lou & Meg

Anywhere else but Disney is not a holiday
I am staying at OKW for the first time next month and I was hoping that those of you who stay there on a regular basis could help me out (please)

We have a 1 bedroom Villa. I will be calling WDW to make a request for a specific area but I dont know where to ask for.

I would lideally like somewhere

That is nowhere near any of the main roads (eg Bonnet Creek or Buena Vista Drive)
Close to the hospitality area
A nice view either woods or water (I think that they are doing something to the golf course)
Fairly near to a bus stop (but not the last stop)
Easy access to a car park

Obviously I know that I wil only be making a request and its not guaranteed but I was hoping that you could all give me opinions on where the best rooms are.

Many many thanks.

First of all, requests should be made as soon as the reservation is made to get on the comptroler's list. We are not allowed to call the resort to make requests just before the trip happens.

Since you are in a 1 bedroom, you wont have to worry about road noise, since the 1 bedrooms are all interior rooms. Only the studios on the ends of the buildings have that issue. We always take our chances and don't request an area at all. We have never been disappointed too badly.

Although I've never stayed there, we are hoping to in April and I have asked this question before. The general opinion seemed to be that there aren't really any 'bad' areas at OKW.

You are very lucky to have got the free upgrade - I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of whether you get a requested area or not :)

I am staying at OKW for the first time next month and I was hoping that those of you who stay there on a regular basis could help me out (please)

We have a 1 bedroom Villa. I will be calling WDW to make a request for a specific area but I dont know where to ask for.

I would lideally like somewhere

That is nowhere near any of the main roads (eg Bonnet Creek or Buena Vista Drive)
Close to the hospitality area
A nice view either woods or water (I think that they are doing something to the golf course)
Fairly near to a bus stop (but not the last stop)
Easy access to a car park

Obviously I know that I wil only be making a request and its not guaranteed but I was hoping that you could all give me opinions on where the best rooms are.

Many many thanks.

The hospitality area is the last bus stop before leaving the resort so you need one or the other. There are a total of 5 bus stops at the resort so you are never far from one.
All car parking is in the immediate area of your room usually right in front of the building.

There are very few bad locations at OKW so you may be best to just take your chances.

We've stayed in all areas of OKW, and there really isn't a "bad" area for a 1 bedroom unit.

One thing, there was design change to the units during construction. Bldgs 30 and over have two entrances to the bathroom, one through the master bedroom, the other through the laundry room. Bldgs 29 and lower have only one entrance to the bathroom, through the master bedroom. Depending upon the make up of your party, that may make a difference to you.

We were there in June, and the golf course greens were torn up...but still the view wasn't "awful." I didn't realize how much work goes into maintaining a golf course.

There really are no bad areas, I agree. DH and the kids just came back from a visit and they were in the "newer" villas - I forget the bldg. numbers - that contain elevators. They were on the 3rd floor in a one-bedroom and had great views (a great view is very subjective, I know!;) ). They had a quick walk to both the Hospitality House and their bus stop. But we have had great experiences at OKW almost every time we have visited, staying in several different areas. It is a very pleasant resort.

There really are no bad areas, I agree. DH and the kids just came back from a visit and they were in the "newer" villas - I forget the bldg. numbers - that contain elevators. They were on the 3rd floor in a one-bedroom and had great views (a great view is very subjective, I know!;) ). They had a quick walk to both the Hospitality House and their bus stop. But we have had great experiences at OKW almost every time we have visited, staying in several different areas. It is a very pleasant resort.

The three "new" buildings with elevators are 62, 63 and 64.
I haven't stayed in one of those bldgs, I don't request them, as I figure folks requiring an EVC or wheelchair, but not requiring a handicap modified room would probably enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter