OKW studios

Jonell

DIS Veteran
My DH will be using a scooter during our summer stay at OKW. If I request a ground floor studio because of the scooter will we be guaranteed ground floor? I don't want to rent the scooter then we are stuck upstairs with nowhere to put it. Also, are all ground floor rooms HA? I will need a room with a bathtub. Thanks :goodvibes

The only way to guarantee a ground floor room is to reserve a handicapped accessible studio, which would have a walk-in shower.

Alternatively, you can request a ground floor room and hope that the request is honored.

The only way to guarantee a ground floor room is to reserve a handicapped accessible studio, which would have a walk-in shower.

Alternatively, you can request a ground floor room and hope that the request is honored.

That's not true. I have needed ECV access in the past, and I always requested ground floor or elevator for mobility reasons, and always got it. I would NOT want a HA unit.

My DH will be using a scooter during our summer stay at OKW. If I request a ground floor studio because of the scooter will we be guaranteed ground floor? I don't want to rent the scooter then we are stuck upstairs with nowhere to put it. Also, are all ground floor rooms HA? I will need a room with a bathtub. Thanks :goodvibes

While I'm 99% sure you will get a ground floor villa if requested for mobility reasons, if you should have an upstairs villa you can still recharge it at the Hospitality House. There are outlets there and many use then to charge scooters.

In addition, the vast majority of ground floor villas are not HCA. Except for HCA villas in Building 63 (one of the three bldgs with elevators) all other HCA units are on the ground floor but only in Buildings 13, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 34, 42, 48, and 50.

Here is a color coded map of OKW. The HCA Buildings are outlined in yellow.

Enjoy your stay! :)

That's not true. I have needed ECV access in the past, and I always requested ground floor or elevator for mobility reasons, and always got it. I would NOT want a HA unit.

I do not think it is a matter of truth, but, instead, a question of experience and an individual's willingness to make an accommodation. It has been my experience that ground floor requests, for mobility issues, could only be guaranteed with a HA reservation. While I highly doubt the request would be denied, I do not think a CM would state that the ground floor room is guaranteed.

When you request the ground floor also add that it is due to medical reasons. It's not guaranteed but OKW is so large that they will most likely be able to accommodate.

I do not think it is a matter of truth, but, instead, a question of experience and an individual's willingness to make an accommodation. It has been my experience that ground floor requests, for mobility issues, could only be guaranteed with a HA reservation. While I highly doubt the request would be denied, I do not think a CM would state that the ground floor room is guaranteed.

I have never had a ground floor room denied when it has been for medical reasons, and I do NOT want a HA room. They are very hard to deal with if you don't need one.

I've always gotten first floor when I requested it at OKW. I have not gotten, nor do I need a HA room, but I mention that I cannot easily climb steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter