OKW Veterans - I need advice

nhdisnut

My screen name says it all!!
DW and I are escaping to OKW for a 5 night stay (without children) in August. This will be our first visit to OKW and we are very excited about trying it out! I'm curious what buildings OKW veterans would recommend I request - I'm looking for something quiet, water or golf course view, and away from any outside road noise. We don't mind walking, so distance from the main area is not an issue.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!:goodvibes

We love 45, 46, and 55 for quiet water views. We also like 21, 16, and 15 alot. those are both water and golf views. I'm going to post the map, and you will see that in reality, there are very few OKW buildings that do NOT meet that request! Hopefully you are staying in a 1 bedroom and not a studio. Most studios at OKW have very little view because they are on the ends of the buildings.
okwmap-newestcodedmap1-2007copy.jpg

Thanks for the help! We are staying in a studio (as it is just the two of us). In addition to recommended buildings, are there any to avoid (road noise, etc.)?

You might want to request an upper floor (will probably be on the 2nd floor with no one above you).

We like the Turtle Pond area -- # 43 and # 37. It can be VERY difficult to recommend or warn about an entire bulding. Because the buildings are shaped so creatively, one end might be near the road or a bus stop and bus turnaround (ie, squealing brakes), but the other end of that same building might be overlooking a lovely pond ---- with a fountain to cover up some noise --- or golf course. Take building #36 for example. We were at the end closest to building # 37 and overlooked a fountain. I'd be hesitant about staying at the other end that is right by a bus stop, a stop sign, and bus turnaround ....... but I haven't stayed at that end, so there might not be any problem at all. We've been happy in all the rooms we've been in, but do prefer an upper floor because it's a better view and probably will be less vegitation. If the room isn't ready, I always ask the CMs which end of the building the room is on, but have found that they don't necessarily know.

Hope you love OKW as much as we do!

The quietest building we ever had was #42. We were upper floor, so not HA. It was on the corner of a pond, then golf course view. No bus noise.

Last time we were in Building 50 on the bottom floor. We loved it because it was right on the golf course. It was nice to sit outside when they were watering because it made such a cool breeze. Sounds weird, I know, but it was really nice. Good Luck.

Second buildings 55, 21 and 15 We were in 38 at Christmas and that was also quiet with a golf course view.

Thanks for the help! We are staying in a studio (as it is just the two of us). In addition to recommended buildings, are there any to avoid (road noise, etc.)?
06-10-2007 04:59 PM
LOL, well, we always stay in a 1 bedroom with just the 2 of us, because I can't do without the Jacuzzi and big balcony! I would stay away from 62, 63,14 and 29. Mostly because you COULD get the studio that is nearest the road. The one we found to be noisy was 29. Basically, you do NOT want a studio in a GV building, because you COULD be under the GV, and you can avoid that and HA studios by requesting upper floors.

THESE ARE ONES TO REFUSE IF YOU CAN. (forgot this)

these are just studios.

the end studios closes to the road

bus turn arounds
19, 40, 44, 51, 52

buses going up hills
29, 30, 45, 56

now the 56 near the pool is wonderful. but near the bus stop is awfully.

that is true for most of these building. so don't think that just because you got building 30 that you will hate it. You might get the other side of building 30 and love it. (we did once)

I just checked the studio room reports for mention of road noise. It was an issue for people in Buildings 17, 32, 36, 38, 49, 51, and 53. However, take this information dubiously. We've been in Building 32 and although DH is a VERY light sleeper, he never heard any road noise. The people who reported from the studio in #17 seemed to dislike everything about OKW. And like dianeschlicht, DH and I always stay in a 1 BR, but it's because we get along much better with 2 TVs, one which only gets sports and one which only gets the "Disney propoganda" channels.

I just checked the studio room reports for mention of road noise. It was an issue for people in Buildings 17, 32, 36, 38, 49, 51, and 53. However, take this information dubiously. We've been in Building 32 and although DH is a VERY light sleeper, he never heard any road noise. The people who reported from the studio in #17 seemed to dislike everything about OKW. And like dianeschlicht, DH and I always stay in a 1 BR, but it's because we get along much better with 2 TVs, one which only gets sports and one which only gets the "Disney propoganda" channels.

boy I own you several reviews. - what do I need to do?

We loved building 62! It was quiet, we had a 1 bedroom, but it was close to everything!

We have been in several different locations at OKW and have not been unhappy at all. I wouldn't recommend requesting a specific building. My advice is to read the reviews, and heed those who say "don't stay here." I say this because our last few stays we have had very few requests if any at all, so at check-in, we have been shown a map and given several choices. Just be ready to think quickly and try to remember the good/bad that posters have offered. Also, remember, so many of us have said the same...there are very few bad rooms at OKW!!!!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter