Old DVC Logos

Peter Johnson

Mouseketeer
We’ve been members since 1992, and the DVC logo has evolved quite a bit since then. Back when we joined, the logo looked like this:

DVC%20Logo%20red%203%20mountain.jpg

There were two logos. One was the image above. The other was the same, plus a sailboat. The original DVC sign outside the entrance road had that logo.

Does anyone have scans or images of these logos? I’d like to make luggage tags with the old logo. Any image or scan would be greatly appreciated!

Peter

I don't have a sailboat logo, but I do remember it. I have a coffee mug with the same logo as the shirt you scanned.

If you don't need the sailboat, maybe you could clean up the scan of your shirt in photoshop and use that.

If you don't need the sailboat, maybe you could clean up the scan of your shirt in photoshop and use that.

I'll be happy with or without the sailboat. I could clean up the embroidered emblem, but I'm trying to avoid doing that. Hopefully there are some other DVC "Old-timers" like us who have early documentation that has the old logo.

Peter

My POS has the 3 mountain logo on the cover, but it is monochromatic teal and white.

Remember when we had to pay $5 extra and show our cards to have MEMBER embroidered on the shirts?

I love to hear these stories of the "Old days" of DVC, back when OKW was the only DVC resort (I heard recently that some people actually think it still is:rolleyes1 ) I always wondered-why did they make the decision to change the logo from 3 mountains to only 2? And I would have loved to have heard some of the reactions to BWV when it was initially built, just because it's so different from OKW in many ways.

I thought maybe Eisner lost it in one of his many great deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter