Old Rumor - Could this be happening??

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
Remember about a year ago, someone floated a rumor that JIYI would close around now and re-open as an attraction based on Monsters, Inc. At that time, we knew nothing of the movie and swept it under the rug. Hmmm, let's see Monsters, Inc. sets the all-time animated feature opening weekend record and JIYI is closed for some kind of refurbishment??????

US-SW I agree with you in principle - it clearly doesn't belong in Future World. And (in earlier days) it NEVER would have been placed there. I would hope to see it at the Studios as well. But, it's very hard to predict what will happen these days.

BTW, what did Captain EO have in common with Figment and Dreamfinder?? Monsters and HISTA wouldn't really be much less compatible.

I don't think Honey I shrunk the Audience had much to do with the Theme of the pavilion Either.

Personally, I doubt that Journey is going to be turned into Monsters Inc, Although I recall being on the positive side of that one. We shall see. At this point, they can't make it much worse. If its a good expireance, that will over-ride whether its appropriate.

Kodak might sponser it if they thought it would do better then the current ride. Of course disney is fronting the current rebuild anyway, so Disney is already paying the money.

Capt. EO was in DisneyLAND well before it was a part of Epcot.

The surest way of getting some budget to fix a troubled ride is to tie it to a “hot” upcoming movie. So, if you’re WDW and want to get some money to begin the repair to ‘Imagination’, so float a few ideas, draw up a few sketches, drop a few names and “magically” you find a bag of money in Inter Office mail. You use that money to bring in a head designer who created Figment and has a very soft spot for him in his heart – and suddenly everyone forgets about that movie Burbank was so hot over.

There was another plan to buy an off-the-shelf “fun house” system and decorate it with a ‘Monsters, Inc.’ funhouse theme. Basically, sit in the car and ride past cardboard cut-outs of the monsters trying to scare you cute ways – a standard ‘B’ ticket ride (less elaborate than the Fantasyland dark rides). The project wasn’t funded.

P.S. I’ll repost the first paragraph again when the ‘Reign of Fire’ and Beastly Rumors start up again. By 2006, all the DVD’s for ‘Reign’ will be found in the $4.99 bin at WalMart and ride will have a new theme.

Awhile back there was a rumor about a Monsters addition to DCA. I assume this is the fun house concept you are referring too?

Also, you happen to mention 2006 and BK in the same sentence. Does this mean there is truth to the rumor that BK has really been pushed back from 2004 (per earlier Sklar and Pressler references) to 2006! Wow, can they really afford to go another 5 years with AK as it is? Did I miss the announcement about the Soarin clone they are planning in the interim.

Things are rather, how do I put this….. rather confused at the moment (although I really want to say FUBAR’d if I can get away with it). With the attendance situation, problems throughout the Company and the general uncertainty in things, no one has confidence that this week’s plan will be next week’s plan. A lot of the plans, er, rumors from the summer never made it through the budget process, and Sept. 11 is causing major changes to even the operational planning (hours, early entry, etc.). There isn’t a guarantee of completion even if a plan is announced.

Expect Disney with move with extreme caution in the foreseeable future. Right now, new rides and attractions at the theme parks are the absolute bottom of Mr. Eisner’s worry list and Mr. Pressler’s concern is with short-term numbers. There are others who have a better grasp of what guests want, but their issues are being drowned out by the panicked shouts of ABC and Consumer Products. Just take each week as it comes.

There are “rumors” that the funhouse concept was dropped when it was decided Bug’s Town could be built cheaper (off-the-shelf kiddie coasters, bumper cars and a spinner). The Bugs are also going in the farm area of DCA, which frankly needs the help more than the carnival area does. I guess the guests weren’t as amazed by a tractor and an avocado tree as had been hoped.

Baxter is working on the new JIYI. He would never let "that" happen. I would love to see a Monsters ride, but not in Epcot...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter