On Hold For AKV Concierge ... Anyone Else Get Through?

robinb

DIS veteran
I got through right away but now I'm on hold waiting for my Member Services rep to see if she can book it!

Was anyone able to book concierge this morning?

I got through right away but now I'm on hold waiting for my Member Services rep to see if she can book it!

I was on hold for 8 minutes andthen told no concierge room was available for the date I wanted. Grrr... if I had a CM who had some idea of what she was doing I may have actually gotten the room. On hold for 8 minutes AFTER I told her what I wanted! It takes seconds to check availability, not 8 minutes.
I waitlisted.

I'm on hold as well. Told the CM what I wanted to do, she stook the info and said I'll put you on hold while I check. This is for a vacation in April 2008. That was about 10 minutes ago. Still waiting.

This whole roll out of AKV and all the different dates has my head spinning.

Good luck Robin!

I just hope if CRV gets built(we will add-on there), MS fixes some of the glitches in the system that the AKV owners had to put up with.

Our original reservations are for 12/2 - 12/6. My MS rep told me that concierge (for a studio, at least) would not be available until December 4th. :sad1: She said that value was available, so I've been switched to that.

I'm on hold as well. Told the CM what I wanted to do, she stook the info and said I'll put you on hold while I check. This is for a vacation in April 2008. That was about 10 minutes ago. Still waiting.

I called back to double check if my date was really booked since the first CM barely spoke English. This time I got disconnected while the CM was checking the room availability for me! ARRGGGH. She had the instruction to book it for me if it was available right that second so I'm still hoping there's a chance it will pop up online for me as a reservation later today.

It isn't the end of the world if it doesn't only because I already booked the concierge room with cash at the beginning of this year, long before I even knew AKV would exist. I have my safaris booked already as a cash customer. I'm still just irritated that I'm going to have to pay cash and not use points because I got such a slow CM, got disconnected, etc.

The CM I just spoke with had a spanish accent and she apologized for making me wait, but I was able to get what I wanted for April '08 so I'm happy now.

After about 10 minutes on hold, my CM got back to me. I got my dates (12/26-12/31) in a concierge studio savannah view guaranteed :banana:. I was surprised about the view guarantee, but I am going to take it with a block of salt and double-check it on another day.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted Inkmahm :(. Your first CM did the same thing as my CM, so my guess is that the automated system for concierge is not at 100%.

I called & got through at 9:00. I needed to book 2 days in any studio at AKV for 12/5 & 12/6 for my aunt and change my father in law to one room instead of 2 at AKV. Unfortunately I asked to fix FIL first and that took 22 minutes...
He now has a value studio for 12/2 & 12/3. By the time the customer service rep came back all studios [/I]at AKV were completely booked for 12/5 & 12/6. I had to once again waitlist for those 2 days. :rotfl:

I don't have those nifty resort logos on here, but I have an ownership interest at WLV & AKV.

I hate the waitlist. I have been on one for BWV since early May for 12/2-12/7. I just ever feel confident because I can't actually see it...

Robin-

Was able to book Club level for 1/1-1/4, might be checking into your room as you check out Robin!

OK so value and concierge open today.. is this only for AKV owners??

I was on hold for about 5 minutes but CM was really nice about it. Got Jan 13-15 but was told no guarantee for savannah view so we're switching rooms for Jan 15-18.

OK I posted this on another thread but...

The CM cannot book you so she/he has to put you on hold. Apparently the booking is controlled by the "supervisors" So they get your dates and put you on hold. If you have a second choice give it to them. (My CM explained all this to me and got my second choice dates, but it doesn't sound like all of them are telling you why you are on hold.) I was on hold after talking to the CM, (didn't time it so I don't know how long, but I would say several minutes since I got right thru at 9 and it was at least 9:25 before I got back to my desk... cell phone reception stinks at my desk so I hike down the hall)

Yes, it's for AKV owners. Non-owners can try to book value and concierge in 2 weeks (starting June 27th).

SO MAD AT MYSELF!! I called before you responded and there was availablity at AKL I said Value or Standard because I am limited on points. SHe HAD standard and asked if I wanted to check value and I said yes. While she was gone you answered my question and I could not tell her to forget it. Well she comes back a while later and tells me I can not get that at this time, which I already knew and now the standard rooms that I thought she would hold are gone. Darn me for being so cheap!!!!!:mad:

I called a third time and got a response as to why December 1 wasn't available even though I called right before 9 am Eastern this morning and got right in. The concierge rooms aren't opening until December 4, even though the letter said December 1. I waitlisted for December 1 and the CM told me to keep calling back, too.

Why send a letter saying December 1 and then not have any dates until December 4, much less not TELL you that's the reason when you try to book December 1-3? Poor communication on the part of MS in this case I'd say.

I called a third time and got a response as to why December 1 wasn't available even though I called right before 9 am Eastern this morning and got right in. The concierge rooms aren't opening until December 4, even though the letter said December 1. I waitlisted for December 1 and the CM told me to keep calling back, too.

Why send a letter saying December 1 and then not have any dates until December 4, much less not TELL you that's the reason when you try to book December 1-3? Poor communication on the part of MS in this case I'd say.

My advisor told me right away that there were no concierge rooms available until December 4th. With the ongoing construction and all, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they actually meet the December 4th dealine. I have a reservation from 12/2 - 12/6, and I considered switching just the last two nights, but decided I'd rather save the points and try to book concierge another day. Perhaps that was a mistake, since it might be my only opportunity, given the small supply and large demand. Oh well!

SO MAD AT MYSELF!! I called before you responded and there was availablity at AKL I said Value or Standard because I am limited on points. SHe HAD standard and asked if I wanted to check value and I said yes. While she was gone you answered my question and I could not tell her to forget it. Well she comes back a while later and tells me I can not get that at this time, which I already knew and now the standard rooms that I thought she would hold are gone. Darn me for being so cheap!!!!!:mad:
With some AKV owners switching their reservations today, maybe some standard view rooms will open up. I think it would be worth calling back to check again.

Robin-
Was able to book Club level for 1/1-1/4, might be checking into your room as you check out Robin!
Actually, I will be checking out on 12/31. I have a reservation over at BWV in a 2-bedroom with friends starting on 12/31.

Wow ... some folks mentioned guaranteed Savannah view with Concierge ... I didn't think that was possible? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter