Once in a Lifetime Adventure, Again! ~ PTR

OK....deep breaths. :hyper:

I was on looking at availability for next year, and the October dates I had mentioned in my post above have now gone for POFQ...:worried:

The only availability I could find at POFQ was 30th Sept - 14th Oct in a garden view room....so I took the plunge & booked! Eek! I can't quite believe it. I have been mentioning it to the DBF about booking again for next year, but he doesn't know that I have actually done it!

OK...and breath! :rotfl:

Thanks....been a bit of a round a bout from considering SSR and OKW....to pricing AKL to end up back at POFQ. Although we have ended up in a garden view (only room option available, even the river views were gone!). But it was only an extra £70 over the standard, think we can live with that!

It's definitely a good feeling, but it hasn't really sinked in yet, but that will come! :)

Got an email from Disney this morning to say that the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory will be closed during our stay. They will have an alternative dining area set-up next to the lobby, with a selection of hot and cold entrees and grab n go meals available. The other option is to use the Riverside dining hall.

A bit of a pain, but hopefully the temporary dining hall will be suitable. We are going to walk over to Riverside to check out the food court & dining hall there.

Got an email from Disney this morning to say that the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory will be closed during our stay. They will have an alternative dining area set-up next to the lobby, with a selection of hot and cold entrees and grab n go meals available. The other option is to use the Riverside dining hall.

A bit of a pain, but hopefully the temporary dining hall will be suitable. We are going to walk over to Riverside to check out the food court & dining hall there.

I saw that the other day. Bit of a pain but at least they are doing a bus service? hmmm. I just realised you leave on the 14th October next year and we arrive on the 15th! Anyway I'm going to go find you on instagram now :bitelip:

I saw that the other day. Bit of a pain but at least they are doing a bus service? hmmm. I just realised you leave on the 14th October next year and we arrive on the 15th! Anyway I'm going to go find you on instagram now :bitelip:

I have been checking the POFQ thread for updates, the person who runs that thread seems to be in the know!

Turns out POFQ used to have a TS restaurant, and the area has been refurbished over the last few months so this is were the temporary dining area will be until about November time. Rumours seem to be that after the new QS dining hall opens again in its regular place, a new TS could be opening.

The menu is going to be pretty much the same. Hot & cold foods, drinks, bakery, snacks etc, and the area they are using looks fine. Probably just slightly smaller.

Its not very Disney, but it will be when we are there...!

So tomorrow is our 60 day mark! Can't quite believe it. This trip was booked May 2015 and just over a month ago, next year's trip was booked!

Going to go over and make sure my FP+ plan is ready for tomorrow, and online check-in opens too. Thankfully we are not in work tomorrow, so I can take my time on the laptop rather than relay on the app.

:)

Did you decide to stay in any universal hotels mid-holiday in the end? We are going to WDW for our honeymoon and I'm a huge HP fan so I'm curious as to how others are doing it. Also, three weeks? Wow! What made you decide on three?

Did you decide to stay in any universal hotels mid-holiday in the end? We are going to WDW for our honeymoon and I'm a huge HP fan so I'm curious as to how others are doing it. Also, three weeks? Wow! What made you decide on three?

We haven't decided yet whether we will stay at a Universal hotel. If we do, it will be for 1 night. We have hired a car for the 2nd week, so we might just drive & park.

We have already done Universal - mainly for HP - on our last trip in 2014. We easily did both HP areas (Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley) and were able to do all the major rides. But we didn't get to spend much time exploring the rest of Universal.

We just really loved it in 2014, and decided 3 weeks would give us more time to enjoy and explore.

Last edited:
Just a quick update to my PTR.

We have *provisionally* booked one night at Loews Royal Pacific. Got a good deal through booking.com - £185 for both of us for the night. We really wanted to stay at Cabana Bay, but the date we had chosen was fully booked on the usual booking sites. That swung our decision as we think this could be an indication that it could be busy, so we wanted the Express Passes.

Free cancellation until mid-September, so we can cancel if our plans change.

Enjoying the posts and excited you are so close. Me and the DW still have 492 days to go having booked it about 3 months ago. Sooo far away but keeping up with youtube vlogs and the DIS is helping to keep me going and excited the whole time.

Enjoying the posts and excited you are so close. Me and the DW still have 492 days to go having booked it about 3 months ago. Sooo far away but keeping up with youtube vlogs and the DIS is helping to keep me going and excited the whole time.

Thank you!

The time will fly in, I honestly can't believe how close we are and we booked in May 2015!

Try a YouTuber called The Tim Tracker, if you haven't already discovered him. His videos keep us going!

Thank you!

The time will fly in, I honestly can't believe how close we are and we booked in May 2015!

Try a YouTuber called The Tim Tracker, if you haven't already discovered him. His videos keep us going!

Watch Tim and Jen a fair bit. But we must have about 8-10 we subscribe too and watch regularly. Tom and Sophie are good and Krispy Smores (both UK vlogs) and watch Tim Tracker and Ears2You along with a couple of others from the states.

My 600th post on the DIS, and it's a good one! :goodvibes

My Mickey Mail arrived today. A lovely blue folder containing our discount vouchers, booklet full of info (which I am going to read word for word!) and 4 luggage tags! I didn't think we would get the tags as we booked our flights separately, but they arrived! :jumping1:

44 days to go.

My 600th post on the DIS, and it's a good one! :goodvibes

My Mickey Mail arrived today. A lovely blue folder containing our discount vouchers, booklet full of info (which I am going to read word for word!) and 4 luggage tags! I didn't think we would get the tags as we booked our flights separately, but they arrived! :jumping1:

44 days to go.

I didnt realise anything was mailed to UK bookers so pleased to hear they do send something as thats very exciting. Gutted they dont send Magic Bands but any Mickey Mail is good mail. :)

I didnt realise anything was mailed to UK bookers so pleased to hear they do send something as thats very exciting. Gutted they dont send Magic Bands but any Mickey Mail is good mail. :)

I will try and upload some pics if I can. Its a very nice blue folder, containing a booklet with all the info on everything you need to know. Discount vouchers, and 4 luggage tags with plastic loops to attach them to bags.

We booked with Virgin Hols for our first trip and didn't have anything posted out like this - it is def something you get with booking direct with Disney.

I don't mind them not posting the magic bands. They can't go missing in the post or be held up by Customs! But as soon as you get checked into your resort, they will hand them to you in the lovely box, ready to go, and in the customised colours! :thumbsup2

Just realised it was our 40 day mark yesterday. 39 days to go! :flower1:

Hopefully this works, I have tried to add some pictures of the Mickey Mail we got - info booklet, vouchers & the 4 luggage tags.

IMG-20160728-WA0005_zps3xleysjn.jpg

IMG-20160728-WA0007_zpsueiaxtdn.jpg

IMG-20160728-WA0009_zpshe4z08nx.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter