• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One Bedroom..

MommyBell08

DIS Veteran
Were traveling to AKL in a few months and I'm trying to figure out our room request. Were staying in a one bedroom with a standard view at Jambo. Where are our possibilities? We have young children and foster children we are bringing along so we are hoping to be close to the lobby and/or elevator. Thanks:)

Standard at Jambo used to be entirely pool view. But a couple of years ago they moved over a couple of savanna rooms that people were upset about ie. not full savanna. And someone can come on to correct me if this is erroneous, but I believe that these prior-savanna view additions are located way down the hallways.

So I would request pool view near elevator. I love the pool view at Jambo. It's both beautiful and relaxing.

Enjoy.

Yep, last month we were in a reclassified standard view at the VERY end of zebra trail. We had a view of where the Arusha savannah wraps around and meets the other savannah (forget the name). It was a long walk, but was so worth it for the point savings of paying for standard and essentially getting savannah... We saw everything including zebra and giraffe daily! I think the room was 5582, which was a studio but part of the 2 bedroom lockoff connecting to a 1 bedroom.

I believe that these prior-savanna view additions are located way down the hallways.
The reclassified rooms are scattered around Jambo House. Rooms over the people pens were reclassifed as were the rooms at the inner corners where the hallway "spurs" meet the horseshoe, and at the ends of the spurs where a room is next to emergency exit stairs that block the view from the balcony. As Kimmy2Disney mentions, they have also reclassified some rooms near the fences that separate one savanna from another and those are quite a very long walk from the lobby as are the ones at the end of the last two hallway spurs.

The reclassified rooms are scattered around Jambo House. Rooms over the people pens were reclassifed as were the rooms at the inner corners where the hallway "spurs" meet the horseshoe, and at the ends of the spurs where a room is next to emergency exit stairs that block the view from the balcony. As Kimmy2Disney mentions, they have also reclassified some rooms near the fences that separate one savanna from another and those are quite a very long walk from the lobby as are the ones at the end of the last two hallway spurs.
Thanks so much, so if we wanted to shoot for a savanah view room we should request the rooms over the people pens? Is that closer to the lobby elevators? We have stayed here twice but I don't remember. Thank you! You seem to really know the resort, so I appreciate it!:goodvibes

Thanks so much, so if we wanted to shoot for a savanah view room we should request the rooms over the people pens? Is that closer to the lobby elevators? We have stayed here twice but I don't remember. Thank you! You seem to really know the resort, so I appreciate it!:goodvibes
Here is the list of Jambo House reclassified rooms that have been reported here. If you also look at this
Jambo House room map you can see where these reclassified rooms are located and perhaps come up with a request that will work for you. People here generally advise against requesting a specific room because if it isn't available then the room assigner won't have a clue what else might work for you. Something like "savanna view, near lobby" might be good but as we always say here, a request is only a request so you never know where you might end up!

AKV/Jambo House rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5253: 1BR, Sunset, near people pen. Some animals and birds visible.(Camshell)
5255: Studio, near people pen. Saw giraffes, antelopes and birds.(Camshell)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5345: Studio, Sunset, near a people pen (com_op_2000)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall)
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm); "great view" (ryanmcin)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near an inside corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5548: Studio, Uzima, near corner on inside of last spur (WDW_Diane)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5580: 1BR, Arusha/Uzima border, last 1BR on Zebra/Uzima (eandesmom)
5582: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, 2nd to last room on Zebra trail (extraredstuff)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter