One or Two Memberships

B and B

Earning My Ears
Need advise....am about to purchase approximately 300 points somewhere. Need input in wether to buy one for 300 or two for 150 each. Have two grown kids (we are in our mid fifties). Please offer help. And how about WVK or Old Key West?

Thanks
B and B

I split my purchase and bought 275 pts at BWV and another 275 at WLV. This way, between banking and borrowing, we can have 550pts a year at either resort and alternate years between the two resorts.

Further, small contracts are easier to sell than large contracts.

A total of 300 points isn't too much to have on one contract. If you wanted a total of 500, I would advise you to do it in 2 contracts because resale is easier. If you want to have home resort advantages at more than one resort, than by all means, two contracts is the way to go. I guess if I had a choice, that would be what I would do now. When we added 150 pts to our existing 230, we added on at our same resort since we didn't want to pay the more expensive upkeep at BWV. In retrospect, I wish we would have done the add on at BWV.

I'd still do 2 contracts, even if all of the points are at the same resort. The only negative is if you decide to sell or give all of the points to one person, you'd have 2 deed's to deal with. The advantages are endless. Maybe you only want to sell part, now you can. Or you could give each of the kids an equal contract without worrying about it. If you decided to sell all, you could still likely get more in the long run because smaller contracts have a larger audience and tend to sell for more per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter