Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

If you're using safari, change to firefox, it worked for me. I called tech yesterday and was told the system is not optimized for safari (whatever that means!:confused3 )

Not everyone is having issues with the online system, so I don't know that it is not functioning as it should. I was able to use it for late October ADRS with no issues, and I see many posts on the DIS and other WDW boards where people have had no trouble with the online system.

I think it depends upon internet traffic, installed software and internet connection speeds, certainly some WDW issues, and sometimes even user errors (sorry, but my IT guy at work calls that a "loose nut behind the keyboard")

Good luck to all with your ADRs wheteher you are able to use online or have to phone.

"Loose nut behind the keyboard" :rotfl::rotfl: That's me! I'll have to remember that for the next time I have to call our helpdesk and volunteer that as the probably cause of whatever issue I'm having at the time.

As for the online system, it worked fine for me yesterday and again today when I did my last reservation for day 11 of our trip. At first I forgot to actually retrieve my reservation after putting in the info and I thought I could only get to Dec 3, but then I figured out what I'd done.
It's that "loose nut behind the keyboard" issue, you know.

Grrrh!! I go online to make my ADR, get as far as selecting the date & time and when I click to confirm it, it just sits there with the icon spinning. Never goes on to complete it!! Anyone else had this problem?

Don't think you are doing anything wrong...this usually happens when there is enormous volume on the site.
I actually had a better time at getting ADRs at 7:00 last night...got CM - 12/3 at 8:30!

Just keep on trying or call!!
Good luck!!!! :wizard:

Are you getting to the page with the available date and time? If you are only making the initial request and it returns you to the request page then the restaurant is not available, there is a note at the top (scroll up to view it). Ideally that note should be at the bottom of the page but Disney has put it at the top. It Disney presented a confirmable date and time for your request and then it doesnt confirm then that is a techical matter.

I'm having trouble this morning with my 90+10, but have been able to make others (int hat same 90+10 window) all this week. I think there is a glitch in the system at the moment -- it won't retrieve my resort ressie to link to.

Also - if your flash player isn't working right (wrong version, not installed) you'll also have problems.

Anyone else not able to retrieve their resort ressie lately?

Today was my 90-day mark... I happened to check the site at 4:00AM eastern time (just for the heck of it) and lo and behold, it was already allowing me to make my reservations! I've seen a lot of threads saying that it doesn't open up until 6AM so I'm wondering if that was just some kind of fluke or if I did something wrong (I hope not lol). I got all of my confirmation numbers and a confirmation email so I'm assuming it worked.

Wow! I wish I had checked earlier...I may have gotten our CP dinner. I think you are good to go. Congrats!

The same thing happened to me two days ago when I was making my ADRs. All I did to solve it was refresh the screen and all my reservations were intact.

I was able to make all of my ADR's today at 5:30 am. I just went into the site to set up the tabs and it was allowing me to make all of the ADR's. I am excited I am going with 5 newbies so I can't wait to show them my favorite place in the world. :)

So has anyone noticed that Disney has been playing with the online ADR site today??? It is set up now to take your last name, hotel you are staying at, confirmation # and the day you are arriving before it will let you in. We are staying at Bay Lake Towers and of course it isn't even on the list yet and I'm back to getting "The reservation(s) you were trying to retrieve cannot be found. Please check that youve entered the correct confirmation number and the phone number you provided when making the reservation." as an error for my DVC reservation. :sad2::headache:

My ADR date is on the 13th so I hope that they get this issue fixed quickly.

So has anyone noticed that Disney has been playing with the online ADR site today??? It is set up now to take your last name, hotel you are staying at, confirmation # and the day you are arriving before it will let you in. We are staying at Bay Lake Towers and of course it isn't even on the list yet and I'm back to getting "The reservation(s) you were trying to retrieve cannot be found. Please check that youve entered the correct confirmation number and the phone number you provided when making the reservation." as an error for my DVC reservation. :sad2::headache:

Yep, it just happened to me -- the funny thing is, I didn't even try to link the dining reservation to my resort reservation since I'm well within my 90 day window. First it told me that my last name was invalid which was odd since as I said, I didn't even try to link to my resort so I didn't have the last name field to fill in. Then I filled in the confirmation number and the last name but forgot to click on a resort, so I got the same message you did.

How is a person supposed to make an ADR if they are staying offsite? They won't have a reservation to link to at all :confused3

Yep, it just happened to me -- the funny thing is, I didn't even try to link the dining reservation to my resort reservation since I'm well within my 90 day window. First it told me that my last name was invalid which was odd since as I said, I didn't even try to link to my resort so I didn't have the last name field to fill in. Then I filled in the confirmation number and the last name but forgot to click on a resort, so I got the same message you did.

How is a person supposed to make an ADR if they are staying offsite? They won't have a reservation to link to at all :confused3

All of that happened to me today. The site is back online now but still no BLT resort so I can't link my ressies and can only do ADRs through THursday 12/4Grrrr. I think I am going to call -- guess I need to anyway since my mom wants to take my girls to Tea at the GF (the regular one, not the MDGone) and you can't book that online.

I keep trying to just go under "my disney vacation" and put in my dining confirmation numbers just to check them. And I am getting the same message. Earlier it was unavailable. I just hope they are working on the sytem. At this point, I am trying not to freak out thinking my ADRs are cancelled. But I am such a worrywart!! :rotfl:

The system is entirely down for me right now. I'm well outside of my window, but have been periodically playing with the system to get a feel for it (both by using my information to pull my vacation, letting them tell me sorry you're too early, and then also practicing making 'bogus' reservations, which I never confirm, but give me a feel for how the system works.

Wow, seems like a step backwards to me! I can't imagine that they can't identify your name and hotel from the reservation number they gave you!

No kidding, it really seems to be leaping backwards. I am beginning to think that it's a stretch to hope it's all cleared up by mid October (my 90 day mark) :rotfl:

Thank goodness we aren't doing many ADRs! The only one that is a 'must have' is an 8:05 Crystal Palace, and I plan on being flexible with my days, so hopefully we can make it work.

My 90+10 window opens Monday. Silly question? Can I make my ADRs even though I haven´t completely paid off my trip?
Thanks

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter