• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Check-in--should I do it?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I have read mixed information on online check-in with DVC stays. Some reports say that the online check-in cancels out any requests that you have set with DVC on the reservation. Is any of that true?
We will be doing a split stay and plan on jumping right into a park on our arrival day so we will want the first available room we can get. Will completing online check-in with our arrival time be of any help? Is it still best to call the resort directly a week prior and check on requests? Thanks!

If you have requests already in, don’t make requests with online checkin.

There is a box to check that says, basically, I don’t care about requests I just want a room early.” (Though
why make requests if want a room early?) Actually if you have requests and you’re going to a park, why do you want an early room? Stash bags with bell services and run along to the parks.

There’s no way to call resorts directly.

I have read mixed information on online check-in with DVC stays. Some reports say that the online check-in cancels out any requests that you have set with DVC on the reservation. Is any of that true?
We will be doing a split stay and plan on jumping right into a park on our arrival day so we will want the first available room we can get. Will completing online check-in with our arrival time be of any help? Is it still best to call the resort directly a week prior and check on requests? Thanks![/QUOTE
We did online check in for the first time this past March. We were able to access our room at 1:30 pm

We now typically make room requests via online chat with MS. We also do online checkin, yet make no room requests there. Seems to be working fine. With that said, my Wife typically chats with the front desk while I check our bags in with bell service upon arrival just to get a feel for what’s going on - general room location, were our requests noted? etc.

I did online check in this time and it was a breeze. I made my room request through touring plans which I have done in the past. I requested room 7213 at Kidani Village and got room 7313. Pretty darn close.
The requests I made with online check in was close to Lobby and close to transportation. They nailed it.

I’m a huge fan of online check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter