Only one more day to go - trip report now complete

Thanks everyone!

Those are great pictures, and some like the close up the band and the Epcot 25th Ann. marker are ones I've personally never seen.
The Epcot one is actually a souvenir coin from the opening of Epcot, it's part of a display in a glass (or plexi or whatever) display area. I did a few of 'em trying to get the focus just right. And I just love the bokeh of that 105mm macro lens that I used for it! Smoooooth! That's an addicting lens. :)

It is just amazing to me how you can go and go and go and still not have all the pictures!
True, true... I made a list before I left that I specifically wanted to catch and there are several that I didn't get a chance to do. Oh well, next time! I may spend a little time with Google Earth and plan out a few other shots, too...

Great they're back up. Some brilliant photos in there. Love the one of Spaceship Earth, was it taken with the fisheye?
Thanks a lot! Yes, I used the fisheye for the Spaceship Earth photo, I did quite a few shots from the queue with the fisheye. That shot is at the full 10mm setting.

Great series Groucho- I am always inspired by your eye for a diferent perspective of things. Nice work.

This guy looks familiar by the way- ;)
Yep! I think I saw him in your photo first and wondered where he was... then I saw him and thought of your shot. :)

Here's some more Epcot shots...

2008WDW-726.jpg

I had fun watching this guy and his stern expression during the Chinese acrobats show, he was in charge of the children.

2008WDW-727.jpg

I also liked the Chinese topiary animals for the F&G Festival.

2008WDW-730.jpg

2008WDW-735.jpg

2008WDW-743.jpg

2008WDW-745.jpg

2008WDW-747.jpg

2008WDW-755.jpg

Does anyone ever actually buy these cookies behind the counter (I think in Germany)? They look good but are kind of out of place.

2008WDW-756.jpg

Speaking of Germany, here's some guys keeping an eye on the model railroad.

2008WDW-770.jpg

Here's a baby bunny having a meal... he was hiding just right so it wasn't easy to get a shot of him!

2008WDW-782.jpg

I didn't remember this character, apparently she's one of the people who's released from the castle at the end of Beauty and the Beast... I'll have to rewatch it and pay attention near the end! Mrrrrow! :teeth:

2008WDW-696.jpg

A couple other merchandise shots...

2008WDW-697.jpg

2008WDW-765.jpg

2008WDW-768.jpg

That's enough for today. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Here's some more Epcot shots...

2008WDW-726.jpg

Does anyone ever actually buy these cookies behind the counter (I think in Germany)? They look good but are kind of out of place.

2008WDW-756.jpg

I didn't remember this character, apparently she's one of the people who's released from the castle at the end of Beauty and the Beast... I'll have to rewatch it and pay attention near the end! Mrrrrow! :teeth:

2008WDW-696.jpg

A couple other merchandise shots...

2008WDW-697.jpg

2008WDW-765.jpg

2008WDW-768.jpg

That's enough for today. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Okay, Jeff--let's go through these!

First--Great action shot from the China acrobats...again, I have never seen anyone catch them from this perspective (gives me some great ideas for September)...

Second--I have NEVER seen those cookies in Germany! I guess I need to spend a little bit more time in Germany's stores! I tried to make a point to hit all the stores this past trip because--you know--you just walk by so much that you think you're not interested in, but if you actually go into each country's shops, you're just amazed!!

Third--the character you photographed is the French Feather Duster, who comes out of "character" and turns into a French Maid at the end....hence, your Mrrrrow!!!! She is quite the "kitten" in the movie, with the "french" candlestick, Lumeire (sp?) chasing her throughout the film!

...and lastly, I love, as always, the merchandise shot, and thus my prior comment about not being able to photograph EVERYTHING!

Great job and keep 'em coming....

...and one more thing...

I didn't take the time to read your EXIF data this time, but the DOF on several of these shots is really great (i.e., the Chinese exhibit shot of the horse heads)....

Thanks Dcanoli! French maid, eh? Hmmmmmmmm..... :scratchin

As for the DoF - a lot of those are the 105mm macro; again, I love that lens - it puts out some of the best bokeh I've seen. (Exif data for those show as 100mm because the lens doesn't tell the camera what its focal length is, and camera doesn't have a preset for 105mm, so I tell it it's 100mm and that's what it puts on the exif.)

Here's some more shots... I'm almost done adding 'em to this thread now. :) (I ended up with a total of about 870 on my site!)

NY strip steak at Le Cellier... too bad I was a little sick that night so couldn't enjoy it to its fullest!

2008WDW-786.jpg

Finding Nemo show.

2008WDW-811.jpg

Heading up the hill at Expedition Everest - I hope you don't have vertigo.

2008WDW-812.jpg

Here's a gator hanging out by a bridge in AK.

2008WDW-813.jpg

2008WDW-817.jpg

2008WDW-818.jpg

Here's one of the only half-way decent shots from the Safari ride - note to self, next time, ride on the left side of the vehicle!

2008WDW-828.jpg

After several tries, this is the first trip where I got somewhat acceptable shots of the naked mole rats - they're tough! :)

2008WDW-832.jpg

Have you ever seen a happier-looking goat?

2008WDW-844.jpg

Warming up the crowd at the FotLK show - roar!

2008WDW-847.jpg

Lots of birds came to rest near the main bridge entering Discovery Island at dusk. Here's one of them.

2008WDW-868.jpg

I've got some post-WDW shots then that'll probably be it for this thread!

They should be OK... the only issue would be permissions but that isn't a problem, I just tried with IE (which isn't logged into my web site) and they came up just fine, getting them in the same way as anyone else. I'm not sure why you'd be having trouble? Maybe it was a momentary problem?

:worship: I'm in awe! Wow, what great shots! Can I hire you to come with us and give me some tips? :hyper: You have a great eye. Can I ask the info on the Tomorrowland photo of Astro Orbitor?

Dcanoli: great, glad to hear that they're working for you now.

:worship: I'm in awe! Wow, what great shots! Can I hire you to come with us and give me some tips? :hyper: You have a great eye. Can I ask the info on the Tomorrowland photo of Astro Orbitor?
Thanks very much! I appreciate it. And I'll be happy to come along and give you tips as long as you pick up the expenses - don't worry, I won't ask much for a per diem. :teeth:

Anyway... you mean this Astro Orbitor shot?

2008WDW-512.jpg

That one was taken with my Pentax 31mm F1.8 lens at ISO 140, F19, 30 second aperture, +1 exposure compensation. With a tripod of course! BTW, all my shots have the exif data attached, so you can get that info for any of the shots posted. You can make it really easy by using Fxif (for Firefox) or Opanda (for IE) to allow you to right-click the photos and look at the properties and see this information.

[ And I'll be happy to come along and give you tips as long as you pick up the expenses - don't worry, I won't ask much for a per diem. :teeth:

Anyway... you mean this Astro Orbitor shot?

That one was taken with my Pentax 31mm F1.8 lens at ISO 140, F19, 30 second aperture, +1 exposure compensation. With a tripod of course! BTW, all my shots have the exif data attached, so you can get that info for any of the shots posted. You can make it really easy by using Fxif (for Firefox) or Opanda (for IE) to allow you to right-click the photos and look at the properties and see this information.[/QUOTE]

Deal! You don't mind sleeping at the foot of the kids' bed and sharing food with them do you? ;)

Yes that is the shot! I love it, it helped me make up my mind that I have to drag the tripod to each park at least once this trip! And thanks for the exif info, I didn't know how to do it. Thanks for the tips and for taking the time to post them for us to ooooh and ahhhhh over! :goodvibes

Deal! You don't mind sleeping at the foot of the kids' bed and sharing food with them do you? ;)

Yes that is the shot! I love it, it helped me make up my mind that I have to drag the tripod to each park at least once this trip! And thanks for the exif info, I didn't know how to do it. Thanks for the tips and for taking the time to post them for us to ooooh and ahhhhh over! :goodvibes
I'm happy to sleep at the foot of the bed (I barely sleep when there anyway, or maybe I'll just hang at Adventurer's Club all night) and I will pay my own way - cinnamon rolls and turnovers for breakfast, turkey legs for lunch, and ice cream sandwiches for dinner - fine cuisine at its best! :teeth:

Glad you liked the Astro Orbitor shot. The hard thing about that is just finding a spot where you have a clear view of the ride, there are so many trees around there.

Thanks DSF!

Here's the last photos I'll be posting in this thread... the rest of my shots (that I deemed worth uploading!) are on my gallery and may show up here now and then in various threads.

Here's some non-Disney shots... we went cruising down the canals in Cape Coral while we were hanging out at my parent's condo one day.

On our way back, we'd pretty much given up hope of seeing any dolphins, then we caught this guy a few times right in the canals.

2008Florida-02.jpg

2008Florida-03.jpg

Later, we headed to Ft Myers beach. Out on the pier, there were some guys fishing, some with a whole line of poles in the water. Under the pier, you find the following sign...

2008Florida-04.jpg

...and along the pier, there are plenty of "no shark fishing" signs. So while we're there, one guy gets a tug on his line and has a little battle with the fish on the other end... then pulls up, yup, a shark.

2008Florida-09.jpg

2008Florida-10.jpg

He did throw him back, though he did take his time (and I think the guy in charge of enforcing the fishing rules was walking over).

Another staple of the pier is lots of pelicans. "Fish gotta swim, birds gotta eat!"

2008Florida-08.jpg

2008Florida-11.jpg

2008Florida-13.jpg

On our way home, I took one final fisheye shot in the Orlando airport.

2008Florida-15.jpg

And that's it! Again, I thank everyone for their comments, I appreciate every one of them.

Thanks DSF!
And that's it! Again, I thank everyone for their comments, I appreciate every one of them.

Thank you thank you thank you:worship: For sharing your trip with us and your extraordinary talent. It is your thoughts, advice and pictures (along with a number of others') that makes this board an invaluable resource for newbies like myself. Thanks for sharing it's been great seeing your awesome pics.
-MR.TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter