Oogie Boogie August 2024 dates? Halloween Time starts August 23.

joseph821

DIS Veteran
Hi.

I am planning a DL vacation in late August for about 7 to 9 days and I am planning to go around Tuesday August 20th and leave on Wednesday, August 28th.
I noticed that last year 2023 OB dates were on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Do you think it is possible Disneyland adds August OB dates? Could they be Sunday August 25th, Tuesday August 27th and Thursday August 29th?

This will be my first Halloween trip to DL since October 2016 and I have never done OB only the Halloween Party in DL.

I know the OB tickets will be very difficult to get. I am planning my trip regardless and staying on site at GCH with a Walt Disney Travel Co. package. I will be getting park hopper tickets for my time since it is cheaper than buying a Magic Key.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe the first OBB party is being held on August 23 this year. The bash has always been Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and I don't think that will change this year. I haven't seen or heard about additional days being added.

I believe the first OBB party is being held on August 23 this year. The bash has always been Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and I don't think that will change this year. I haven't seen or heard about additional days being added.
August 23rd is a Friday and the first day of Halloween Time. Last year Halloween time began on Friday Sept. 1, there was no party on Sunday Sept. 3rd and the first party was Tuesday, Sept. 5th. Sept. 1 through the 4th was Labor Day weekend.

Oooh, I didn't realize that is a Friday, I was just going off what I saw on the Disneyland website. I can't get the website to load right now so I can't double-check what it said. I assume the website is struggling because of Magic Key sales, which doesn't bode well for the OBB ticket sales later this year....This makes me think that Disney has made no improvements to how they handle website traffic for sales of special tickets, etc.

I wouldn’t count on Sundays this year. They might remove Sundays for OBB. The after hours events removed Sundays this year.

If you’re planning a multi day trip, I would recommend trying to include a Tuesday or Thursday just in case there are no Sunday party dates this year.

I wouldn’t count on Sundays this year. They might remove Sundays for OBB. The after hours events removed Sundays this year.

If you’re planning a multi day trip, I would recommend trying to include a Tuesday or Thursday just in case there are no Sunday party dates this year.
Very good observation. I think I may move the dates or stay another day. THANKS

OBB is so popular though and even more so than the other events, that I think it would be a BIG mistake to only do it two nights a week instead of 3. Heck, they could do it four nights a week and still sell out immediately.

OBB is so popular though and even more so than the other events, that I think it would be a BIG mistake to only do it two nights a week instead of 3. Heck, they could do it four nights a week and still sell out immediately.
I definitely agree, but Star Wars Nites are very popular and they removed Sundays. So, I’m not sure what they were thinking. Maybe they are looking at the amount of revenue lost and the increased popularity of Sundays.

I brought it up since, an acquaintance booked tickets and a hotel assuming that there would be Star Wars Nites on Sunday and had to change. They were just relieved that it was a cash room and not DVC rental.

I definitely agree, but Star Wars Nites are very popular and they removed Sundays. So, I’m not sure what they were thinking. Maybe they are looking at the amount of revenue lost and the increased popularity of Sundays.

I brought it up since, an acquaintance booked tickets and a hotel assuming that there would be Star Wars Nites on Sunday and had to change. They were just relieved that it was a cash room and not DVC rental.
I am going to try to plan my trip that will definitely have a Tuesday and possibly a Thursday in late August. But the tickets are so difficult to get anyhow I am just excited to go for my birthday and see the Halloween stuff. Have not seen Halloween Time since 2016. I am not counting on getting the tickets.

Star Wars Nites aren’t habitually scheduled for Sundays like OBB. There were no Sundays for 2020 (just one Thursday night in conjunction with Star Wars Celebration, cancelled), and no Sundays in either 2022 or 2023.

2022 was May 3, May 4, and May 27
2023 was May 2, May 4, May 8, and May 11

The OB dates for 2023 were announced on May 31. I expect 2024 to be around this date or a little earlier.

Star Wars Nites aren’t habitually scheduled for Sundays like OBB. There were no Sundays for 2020 (just one Thursday night in conjunction with Star Wars Celebration, cancelled), and no Sundays in either 2022 or 2023.

2022 was May 3, May 4, and May 27
2023 was May 2, May 4, May 8, and May 11
Oof, you’re right. 🤦‍♀️There was one Sunday for Sweethearts Nite last year and that was it.

Oof, you’re right. 🤦‍♀️There was one Sunday for Sweethearts Nite last year and that was it.
I am just wondering if Halloween Time starts on Friday August 23...would they have the first party on that Sunday August 25th or would they wait until Tuesday August 26th?

I know they did not have a party on Sunday Sept 3, 2023 - Labor Day weekend - Halloween Time 2023 started on Friday Sept 1st. They started the first party on Tuesday Sept. 5th 2023.

I am just wondering if Halloween Time starts on Friday August 23...would they have the first party on that Sunday August 25th or would they wait until Tuesday August 26th?

I know they did not have a party on Sunday Sept 3, 2023 - Labor Day weekend - Halloween Time 2023 started on Friday Sept 1st. They started the first party on Tuesday Sept. 5th 2023.

But that weekend was Labor Day weekend so they might not have wanted to close DCA early for the party. Last weekend in August wouldn’t have that concern. I think they may have one on Sunday 8/25.

But that weekend was Labor Day weekend so they might not have wanted to close DCA early for the party. Last weekend in August wouldn’t have that concern. I think they may have one on Sunday 8/25.
OK. Thanks. Then it could possibly be Sunday 8/25, Tuesday, 8/27 and Thursday 8/29 then Labor Day weekend and after that Tuesday 9/4. WHat time does DCA close on party nights?

DCA closed at 6pm on OB nights, probably will be the same in 2024 unless the event starts later in 2024.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know if your Magic Key needs to be activated for early Oogie Boogie purchases? My spouse purchased one but has not been to the park to activate it yet.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know if your Magic Key needs to be activated for early Oogie Boogie purchases? My spouse purchased one but has not been to the park to activate it yet.
I would assume so

You don't get any benefits unless you have the pass...like you don't get discounts int he park....how would you get tickets early without the pass being active?

What are "Oogie Boogie nights" and "Halloween Time" at DL? We're WDW folks who are going to be at DL Aug 24-Sept 1st (leaving on the first). Totally new concept / events(s) for us. We're planning on buying hoppers for 3 days. Are these separately ticketed events? Might we luck into something new to try?? What's the difference between Oogie Boogie nights and the halloween party like they have at WDW?

What are "Oogie Boogie nights" and "Halloween Time" at DL? We're WDW folks who are going to be at DL Aug 24-Sept 1st (leaving on the first). Totally new concept / events(s) for us. We're planning on buying hoppers for 3 days. Are these separately ticketed events? Might we luck into something new to try?? What's the difference between Oogie Boogie nights and the halloween party like they have at WDW?

Oogie Boogie Bash is a separately ticketed event. It's similar to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW, but not the same. There is a different parade, a walk through light/sound experience called Villain's Grove, treat trails with rare characters and villains and character meet-and-greets, etc. It usually takes place on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays throughout the Halloween season, so you'll be there for the first week of OBB. It happens at DCA, so keep in mind that DCA closes early on those nights when you are making your park plans. (More info here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/) Some people say it's better than the party at WDW, but others say no, so I guess it depends on what you want out of your Halloween party.

Halloween Time just refers to the period of time when the parks celebrate Halloween. So starting August 23rd this year, the parks will be decorated for Halloween, characters will have Halloween themed costumes, and special foods, drinks and merch will be available. (As well as the Happiest Haunts tour if you'd like to take a special Halloween themed tour.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter