Oops...

I've told you before.. I share nicely!!! They don't even have to buy me anything...

Are you going to join us for Thanksgiving? The more the merrier.
We decided a few years ago that it was very sexist to expect the women to cook and the men folk to just eat and then watch games. Specially since it is just two women doing all the cooking. So we go to Cracker Barrel and let THEM cook. :thumbsup2

Not getting the parents and MIL anything, they don't need anything and neither do I. This is going to be a seriously small xmas.

DH bought his xmas gift yesterday, new headphones and they were free with AMEX points, can't beat that!

Are you going to join us for Thanksgiving? The more the merrier.
We decided a few years ago that it was very sexist to expect the women to cook and the men folk to just eat and then watch games. Specially since it is just two women doing all the cooking. So we go to Cracker Barrel and let THEM cook. :thumbsup2

I wanna come too!!!!!

Well, had you asked earlier... I just bought the turkey today! I do all the cooking, serving, cleaning... but then again they grate my nerves cause I like things done a certain way, at a certain time, in a certain dish! LOL

This is the first year in awhile I don't have any cooking today. We are going to my aunts and she said not to bring anything.

I am cooking a dump cake for the day care Thanksgiving tonight at the church (we get invited to everything but at least this was all I had to cook this time).

In Laws- FIL- tool or shirt, MIL- I am hoping to have a dog book finished for her otherwise a pig something

Rebecca

Let's see. . .for my mom and dad, I'm getting Mom a gift card to Williams Sonoma, and I don't know what I'm gettting Dad. His bday is Dec. 2nd, and this year is his 60th, so we're trying to do something big for that, too.

For the ILs, we are splitting a stay for them in an inn or something with SIL and BIL. That way, it's something they'll enjoy!

For Thanksgiving, we're going to my mom and dad's the weekend before to do family Thanksgiving. The ILs are going to see SIL (the child they like better!! ;) ) so we won't see them. I think I'm cooking something for Christmas here for them, because dogs make DS sneeze, and they have 2 indoor corgis.

I still believe in Santa, too!! I still get presents at my parents that are from Santa! (And sometimes, Dad gets a little too thrilled with writing tags, and I get presents from Derek Jeter, George Clooney, etc.!)

Well....if you move closer you now know where you can spend the holidays. :hug:

awesome!!!
DH is taking the job btw. It will be a contract for 10 months through a second company but then it will probably be offered as a full time position after. So we will probably split our time between here and there til DS12 graduates 8th grade, then possibly make a more permanent move in the summer of 2010.

I hope to come visit soon, maybe after T'day.

awesome!!!
DH is taking the job btw. It will be a contract for 10 months through a second company but then it will probably be offered as a full time position after. So we will probably split our time between here and there til DS12 graduates 8th grade, then possibly make a more permanent move in the summer of 2010.

:woohoo: :woohoo: for me!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

You have my numbers - just call when you get here.

Buffy, congratulations on DH's new job!!!

AWM--I can't remember if it was you, po3, or Deb that was talking about the meal that was stuffing, chicken, and cheese? Would someone share that wonderful-sounding concoction's recipe with me?? It's going to be cold here this weekend, and stuffing sounds great!!

Buffy, congratulations on DH's new job!!!

AWM--I can't remember if it was you, po3, or Deb that was talking about the meal that was stuffing, chicken, and cheese? Would someone share that wonderful-sounding concoction's recipe with me?? It's going to be cold here this weekend, and stuffing sounds great!!

It came from the crockpot thread. It was soo easy.
I coat the bottom of my pot with olive oil, it makes clean up a little bit easier.
Put the chicken on the bottom.
Layer it with cheese. I used swiss, but I bet provolone would be good too.
Mix up the cream of mushroom (or chicken or celery) with either 1/2 cup milk or water and put that over the chicken & cheese.
Sprinkle over that the stuffing mix.
Sprinkle that with the melted 1/2 stick of butter.
Mine cooked for 4 hours on low and was done, but mine cooks really HIGH. I can't use the high or it'll burn everything.

awesome!!!

Guess who is sitting w/ me in May 2010 for a graduation so we can annoy the hell out of someone! We will laugh at what a frickin' dork she is!!! Who else wants to come? It will be fun! Party at my house to follow!!!!!!

Congrats! :) Keep me posted..and you know who you better call first or you are in SOOOOO much trouble!!! LOL

It came from the crockpot thread. It was soo easy.
I coat the bottom of my pot with olive oil, it makes clean up a little bit easier.
Put the chicken on the bottom.
Layer it with cheese. I used swiss, but I bet provolone would be good too.
Mix up the cream of mushroom (or chicken or celery) with either 1/2 cup milk or water and put that over the chicken & cheese.
Sprinkle over that the stuffing mix.
Sprinkle that with the melted 1/2 stick of butter.
Mine cooked for 4 hours on low and was done, but mine cooks really HIGH. I can't use the high or it'll burn everything.

I made this earlier this week too. I used cheddar cheese and it was really good. Today, I have Turkey Meatballs from the Crock Pot Lady's website in the crock pot. I didn't use the crock pot a lot in AZ, it was always too warm for "hot comfort food." But I pulled it out here, a couple of weeks ago, and I forgot how much I love it! Makes dinner a snap.

I see I've been out of the loop! Congrats to your DH! Where is "there?" Closer to the mid-west ladies, obviously, but near what major city/state area?

Cincinnati. Close to both PrincessNancy96 and me. :woohoo:

I made pork roast today in the crockpot. Did the olive oil coat on the bottom, put in roast fattier side up, sprinkled it with dried onions & about 2 tbls of worstershire sauce and 1/4 cup of water put in the bottom. It was pull apart in five hours. Yummy too.

Mr. MOOCOW has been set free!!!!!!!

As some of you might remember, Mr. Flocked MooCow was cownapped by some masked bandits. Well he have since been recovered! He's a little wrinkly but still alive and kicking. LOL

I found him under some other stash that the masked bandits have been pilfering from my lady cave. I need a door, well 2, that lock!!!

Guess who is sitting w/ me in May 2010 for a graduation so we can annoy the hell out of someone! We will laugh at what a frickin' dork she is!!! Who else wants to come? It will be fun! Party at my house to follow!!!!!!

Congrats! :) Keep me posted..and you know who you better call first or you are in SOOOOO much trouble!!! LOL

you betcha, I'll go to your graduation if you come to mine!

Are you going to come here and help me pack??? I have no idea where to start.

Ooohh... that crockpot chicken sounds so good!!!!! (even to a picky eater like me!) I'll definitely have to try that.

My inlaws are always the most difficult ones to shop for. No matter what I buy, they want to return it. Ummm...gee...I bought it on clearance in February, no I don't have the receipt. It's not like I buy them crap. It's always really nice, brand name stuff.

Congrats on the new job Buffy- will he be home anymore with that one. What will you do without your handy dandy cm rep able to come to your adhesive rescue?

Rebecca

Mr. MOOCOW has been set free!!!!!!!

As some of you might remember, Mr. Flocked MooCow was cownapped by some masked bandits. Well he have since been recovered! He's a little wrinkly but still alive and kicking. LOL

I found him under some other stash that the masked bandits have been pilfering from my lady cave. I need a door, well 2, that lock!!!

I am going to have to hide my stash over Christmas- my mom likes to go through it and claim things that she might use.

Rebecca

Congrats on the new job Buffy- will he be home anymore with that one. What will you do without your handy dandy cm rep able to come to your adhesive rescue?

Rebecca

If we move to Ohio then it will be a 9-5M-F drive to the office kind of job. I am beyond thrilled! But for now it will be a 50% travel job, 2 weeks there, 2 weeks at home. We need to either build an office in the garage or find office space here. I can't have him under foot for 2 weeks in a row.

My CM rep will give the post office a run for their money!

But we are going to keep this house for now, kind of like a vacation home so I can see my dealer on occasion. It's only a 12 hour drive so I feel sure we will be making the trip several times a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter