Open letter to Disney concerning new TSA full body scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2 Very true and personally, but remember I'm a cynic as far as John Q. public is concerned. I doubt if that's going to happen. I think right now just like immediately after 9/11 every one is in an uproar. I think by summer of 2011 not a blessed thing will have changed (I hope for the sake of the people who are really upset some thing does but I'm not holding my breathe).

I fly about 3X's a month, more in the early part of the year so I really could care less, I love to travel so I've been scanned 2x with the new scanners in Philly and patted down once and all the folks on my daily commute could care less, but who knows. :confused3

I think as long as Southwest has 69.99 flights from Philly to Orlando with bags flying free, they've got nothing to worry about.

like I said, I'm pretty cynical so don't go by me. :rolleyes1

I plan on flying for the next 30 years at least.

Not all of us live in philly and the cheap flights won't continue (I'd bet money on that one). I'm a cynic about the powers that be. I love John q public. Its funny how people can look at the world so differently. I don't think I'm as arrogant as you, but I guess we'll find out in the future whose right.

Offensive/discriminatory labeling isn't going to influence anyone favorably (and there's no "t" in that word).

I should hope offensive language like the post by padawans 2 posts up from here would not be tolerated on this board.

I should hope offensive language like the post by padawans 2 posts up from here would not be tolerated on this board.

I agree! Surprised the mods didn't delete it.

Maybe it's because I'm a nurse and have seen too many naked bodies and done too many routine exams, but I can't help but laugh at all the uproar over this. Sorry, but I just don't think it's that big a deal. As someone who has been a nurse for over 20 years and seen probaby thousands of naked body parts, I can assure you that a TSA agent who looks at 1000's of those picture every day is not going to remember even one of them at the end of the day, nor is he going to be interested in saving even one. Same thing with the enhanced pat downs. After doing 100's a day, the TSA agent is not going to be interested in groping anyone, no matter how good they may look. They're simply doing their job and hopefully will show senstivity while doing it. I would never embarrass one of my patients by exposing them or touching them anymore than necessary and will always try my best to be polite and professional, but still will do what I must, to do my job. I think the TSA agents will do the same. With the number of people they scan each day, they are not going to remember the short, fat lady they patted down at 11:32 am on any certain day anymore than they'e going to remember the tall, slim 18 y/o they patted down at 11:42am that same day.

I have 6 1/2 grandkids (one due April 1st). I mentioned to both my D-I-Ls all the uproar over this. My eldest D-I-L is also a nurse and almost died laughing when I mentioned it. Even my younger D-I-L laughed though and said she didn't see what the big deal was as long as they didn't try to take one of her kids out of her sight. Both said they would have no problems with any of their kids going through the machines or the pat downs and agreed everyone is over reacting to this.

I agree! Surprised the mods didn't delete it.
Maybe it's because I'm a nurse and have seen too many naked bodies and done too many routine exams, but I can't help but laugh at all the uproar over this. Sorry, but I just don't think it's that big a deal. As someone who has been a nurse for over 20 years and seen probaby thousands of naked body parts, I can assure you that a TSA agent who looks at 1000's of those picture every day is not going to remember even one of them at the end of the day, nor is he going to be interested in saving even one. Same thing with the enhanced pat downs. After doing 100's a day, the TSA agent is not going to be interested in groping anyone, no matter how good they may look. They're simply doing their job and hopefully will show senstivity while doing it. I would never embarrass one of my patients by exposing them or touching them anymore than necessary and will always try my best to be polite and professional, but still will do what I must, to do my job. I think the TSA agents will do the same. With the number of people they scan each day, they are not going to remember the short, fat lady they patted down at 11:32 am on any certain day anymore than they'e going to remember the tall, slim 18 y/o they patted down at 11:42am that same day.

I have 6 1/2 grandkids (one due April 1st). I mentioned to both my D-I-Ls all the uproar over this. My eldest D-I-L is also a nurse and almost died laughing when I mentioned it. Even my younger D-I-L laughed though and said she didn't see what the big deal was as long as they didn't try to take one of her kids out of her sight. Both said they would have no problems with any of their kids going through the machines or the pat downs and agreed everyone is over reacting to this.

I was asleep!!! Man, can't a girl get some sleep here.....:lmao:
There will be no tolerance of that type of posting here. This thread is close to being shut down.

Not all of us live in philly and the cheap flights won't continue (I'd bet money on that one). I'm a cynic about the powers that be. I love John q public. Its funny how people can look at the world so differently. I don't think I'm as arrogant as you, but I guess we'll find out in the future whose right.

what!! How the heck is that arrogant. that makes absolutely no sense at all. Yes, I realize not everyone lives close to Philly but how am I going to comment on some thing that occurs in Toledo? I posted my experiences from Philadelphia, that's where I live, that's what I know, that's the airport I've been scanned and patted down at.

Did I in any way imply this airport was better than any other airport?

In fact, if you had read the entire post you would have seen that i said, I hope things do change for the sake of the people who are really upset about this.

I'm arrogant because I live in a major city? or because I have southwest flying from here?
Or because I think people will continue to fly?

gimme a break, that post was in no way arrogant, you simply don't like the fact that this is no big deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter