Open Port Orleans Already!-Opening OCT 14th & 28th!!!!

This is exactly why I don’t think PO is going to open before UK travel in particular resumes. Those resorts are stupid popular with UK guests. The one time I stayed at POFQ literally all I saw were Brits and all I heard were Mancunian accents. Was hysterical tbh especially as a Man City fan.

I hope they open soon for the sake of those who love them…I thought it was a pretty little resort but too many small dealbreakers that added up for me. I learned on that trip that I’m a Deluxe or bust sort of person.
Sometimes we stay at POFQ in August for 2 weeks. By the end of our stay, I swear I’ve developed a British accent. Lol. POR is also very popular with the Brits.

100% agree with this. Some of my favorite grounds on property, but those rooms are in need of a serious update. We love to Uber over there and walk around, grab some beignets and then hop on the boat to DS... but I won't stay there again until those rooms are updated.
I'm glad to hear some of this as I'm debating the same thing but have book the Destino tower now and it looks amazing.

Seeing those pics I think I will stay at the Tower, but can hop over if we want.

Yeah this my favorite Moderate resort too, but after staying at Pop with the Skyliner and as much as we are in the parks it's hard to pass it up especially when a preferred room is $100 cheaper. That being said I'll probably stay at Port Orleans as soon as it's open.

Come on Disney. You can close Coronado and Caribbean Beach I don’t care, just please open one of your most stunning resorts. At least open the walkways and shop. I just want to walk amongst the beauty. It’s been a staple of all my trips to visit there and walk the grounds. I’m begging you! Anyone else with me?
View attachment 569787

I wish it would open too!
And I understand it won't until capacities aren't limited.

The truth is no one knows when either PO is going to open... at least there's still a possibility it will be "soon" as long as they haven't come out and declared an opening date. I'm guessing POFQ will open first, but we shall see. Has anyone gotten calls lately to switch from PO to a different hotel? I still have my reservation for Oct., and no notification yet.

The truth is no one knows when either PO is going to open... at least there's still a possibility it will be "soon" as long as they haven't come out and declared an opening date. I'm guessing POFQ will open first, but we shall see. Has anyone gotten calls lately to switch from PO to a different hotel? I still have my reservation for Oct., and no notification yet.

I was called in February to moved my April reservation. Was moved to the Grand Floridian. Beautiful resort and glad we had the chance to stay there but we prefer POFQ

I’m frankly sort of surprised Disney isn’t using the downtime to do a renovation of both PO resorts. The fact that none have been announced makes me think they might be shut down for a good bit longer (basically, they might still be planning a renovation, but closer to when they have an idea of when they are opening PO again).

I also agree that international travel, and not just from Europe/Canada, but also South America/Asia is going to have to open up a lot more before anything happens.

I’m frankly sort of surprised Disney isn’t using the downtime to do a renovation of both PO resorts. The fact that none have been announced makes me think they might be shut down for a good bit longer (basically, they might still be planning a renovation, but closer to when they have an idea of when they are opening PO again).

I also agree that international travel, and not just from Europe/Canada, but also South America/Asia is going to have to open up a lot more before anything happens.

Both of the resorts have been recently renovated. We stayed at POR in June, 2018 and rooms have been updated since our stay. I don’t think the royal rooms have been renovated but all other rooms have been.

River Roost badly needs an update but the rest of the resort, including the rooms, aren’t in bad shape or have been somewhat recently updated.

Can’t wait to be back!

Come on Disney. You can close Coronado and Caribbean Beach I don’t care, just please open one of your most stunning resorts. At least open the walkways and shop. I just want to walk amongst the beauty. It’s been a staple of all my trips to visit there and walk the grounds. I’m begging you! Anyone else with me?
View attachment 569787
Too funny Hairy Chest, I was just thinking about this EXACT same thing. Time to open these puppies up. Bring back Yeahah Bob, stop with all the BS, and let's go!

My home resort. If it opened tomorrow I would be there working from old man Island. Sadly my prediction is we won't see Riverside for a while if ever. FQ maybe due to its size might have a chance. Just be prepared for bad news on PO. Gonna be years before intl travel will resume to fill rooms.

Completely disagree. So you’re saying Riverside may never reopen? Crazy talk. Things are getting better and even without intentional travel, the demand for domestic travel will more than justify the opening of these resorts.

Yehaa Bob is very active on FB but I don’t spend much time on there: does it seem like he’s working elsewhere or is he holding out for a return to WDW? He’s high energy and so fun but also getting up there in age. He was at WDW for 32 years! Wonder if he’d come back. I definitely hope so.

Last edited:
Completely disagree. So you’re saying Riverside may never reopen? Crazy talk. Things are getting better and even without intentional travel, the demand for domestic travel will more than justify the opening of these resorts.

I hope you are right. There's really very little to explain why FQ is not open. It's tiny, easy managed has boat transport to DS. No reason that they open a value before FQ. They know we are all going to book it up right away. I have no evidence. I am no expert. I was right though when I said toilet paper would be scare last year :)

I'm skipping Disney in 2021 (sigh) but I'm hoping for an April 2022 trip. But if POFQ (my home resort) isn't open, I'm going to be devastated!

I hope you are right. There's really very little to explain why FQ is not open. It's tiny, easy managed has boat transport to DS. No reason that they open a value before FQ. They know we are all going to book it up right away. I have no evidence. I am no expert. I was right though when I said toilet paper would be scare last year :)
Until park capacity is up it won’t open. You have to be able to support all the hotels that are open now. They are not going to decrease the amount of guests in a deluxe by opening a moderate. Too much supply keeps operating costs up. If costs are up you will pay more.

I think today has been a big step towards a sooner rather than later opening of the Port Orleans resorts by the announcement of the college program returning. That’s a HUGE indicator of the increase in guest attendance and the return to normal. This is also an indicator of the increase of international travel.
Historically, Memorial Day weekend is the start of new shows and announcements for Disneyworld. I’m cautiously optimistic of Disney announcing more resort reopening amongst other things this month (for a July opening).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter