Opinions Please! VWL or BCV For beginning of Thanksgiving week?

Canadian Disney Mom

Formerly Tollerwalker - originally joined July '05
I would like some opions please! DH and I are going to WDW from Nov 22-29before our cruise on the Oasis of the Seas on the 29th. We are doing a split stay - the last 3 nights will be at SSR or OKW unless something else opens up (we are SSR owners).

We are doing the first 4 nights (Nov 22-26) at BCV or VWL. I have never stayed at either before. I would love to hear some options and recommendations. Will all the Christmas decorations be up by the 22-26? Which is better as far as transportation is concerned (we are not sure if we are getting a rental car or not).

It is an adults only with DH and I. We will have annual passes and will be visiting the parks daily.

Any advise and opions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Jess

What parks so you like? Do you like being in the middle of the action (BW area) or set back and tranquil (wl) ? We are more beachy instead of woodsy people so we love bc

Just pick one and do the other next time, Epcot area or Magic Kingdom area, just go for it! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for all the responses.

Epcot and Magic Kingdom are our faves, so that does not really help much. :lmao: We stayed at Boardwalk and enjoyed the proximity to the restaurants in the countries (we could freely come & go because of the annual pass and will be on the dining plan). The transfers to some of the parks was a pain -I found it took forever to get to/from AK.

I have heard that VWL is beautiful at Xmas. We have eaten at Whispering Canyon over the Xmas holidays and I did think it was lovely, but I am not sure if the decorations will be up yet Nov 22-26? Also I like the idea of the boat transfer and proximity to MK.

I am honestly so torn, I have no idea. I might just flip a coin!

Maybe BWV or BCV will miraciously open up Nov 26-29 and then I will just do VWL & BCV/BWL instead of VWL/BWV & SSR/OKW. It would certainly make my decision easier, but seeing as its the Wed, Thur, Fri of Thanksgiving - I am not holding my breath :rotfl:

Epcot and Magic Kingdom are our faves, so that does not really help much. :lmao: We stayed at Boardwalk and enjoyed the proximity to the restaurants in the countries (we could freely come & go because of the annual pass and will be on the dining plan). The transfers to some of the parks was a pain -I found it took forever to get to/from AK.

I have heard that VWL is beautiful at Xmas. We have eaten at Whispering Canyon over the Xmas holidays and I did think it was lovely, but I am not sure if the decorations will be up yet Nov 22-26? Also I like the idea of the boat transfer and proximity to MK.

Maybe BWV or BCV will miraciously open up Nov 26-29 and then I will just do VWL & BCV/BWL instead of VWL/BWV & SSR/OKW. It would certainly make my decision easier, but seeing as its the Wed, Thur, Fri of Thanksgiving - I am not holding my breath :rotfl:

We were in WDW this past early November, for the last days of F&W. Only a few of the holiday decorations were up, but we got to watch the transformation over the course of 10 days. By the last days of our trip, WDW was in full Christmas swing! Including the gingerbread houses. You should be fine for seeing everything around Thanksgiving. But, if you haven't booked BWV, BCV or VWL, you had better jump on any nights you see. They are booking up fast!

Are you a DVC member, that can make a difference? The MK is decorated first, then the other parks.

But, if you haven't booked BWV, BCV or VWL, you had better jump on any nights you see. They are booking up fast!

I am in the process of piecing some reservations together. I was able to get the 4th night at VWL this AM so I am covered and I have the 26-29 already booked at SSR.

Yes, I own at SSR. We have been members since 2005, we just haven't stayed at either of these yet :)

Didn't you get the member memo explaining that as a member, you have to slow down and smell the roses? :goodvibes

What you don't do this time you can do next time. You don't have to run from park to park or worry about resort stays. Just pick a park and a resort in the area, enjoy your vacation, make a few notes about the resort and next vacation, pick a different park/resort. Split stays can be disruptive unless you are staying for a couple of weeks.

Didn't you get the member memo explaining that as a member, you have to slow down and smell the roses? :goodvibes

What you don't do this time you can do next time. You don't have to run from park to park or worry about resort stays. Just pick a park and a resort in the area, enjoy your vacation, make a few notes about the resort and next vacation, pick a different park/resort. Split stays can be disruptive unless you are staying for a couple of weeks.

Thanks Bill. I like your thinking. You are a smart man!

We don't really WANT a split stay this time, but we also want to be closer to the action and don't want to be at SSR/OKW for a whole week. We also want to try something new. We have stayed at SSR, AKV, BLT and BWV but have yet to try the others. Believe me if one of the MK or EP resorts open up for the whole week I will be grabnbing it :)

We have done splits before and rather enjoyed them, but like you said we have only done them on 2 week stays. We actually did 3 resorts last time - BLT, AKV, and BWV. I have quite a collection of mugs now from all the DPs :)

Thanks again for the advice! :)

Just pick one and do the other next time, Epcot area or Magic Kingdom area, just go for it! :thumbsup2 :earsboy: Bill

I agree.

We own at BCV and just spent 5 nights at vwl. VWL was nice, though I have to say I really missed having so many restaurants within walking distance at the BCV. It was the first trip in a long time we were in a studio and more dependent on Disney food. But really both have their charm and it is worth trying every resort at least once.

The decorations will be up by the time you visit, and I can vouch for the fact that there is no lovelier place to visit during the holiday season than the Wilderness Lodge. As for transportation, though you would have the convenience of walking to various restaurants and parks while at BCV, it's not as though your options at VWL would be terribly limited. Artist Point is one of the better restaurants on property, plus there are direct boats to CR which open up that resort and all of its dining options (plus those in MK and the ones you can reach from the monorail). As you know, the boat is an option to get into MK, as well. Further, a hidden gem of a restaurant (at least for breakfast) is Trail's End in FW which is accessible by boat or, even better, by walking along a lovely nature trail or bike path. You will be surrounded by people on the cruise, so the relative serenity of VWL appeals to me. As others have said, however, both BCV and VWL would be very enjoyable. Good luck!

Thanks again to everyone! I now have VWL booked from Nov 22-26 and BCV from 27-29. So if either hotel opens up on the 26th, I should be able to experience both and avoid SSR all together :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter