Orange Lake Resort Play Pass

PoohNRoo2

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Going to be staying at the Orange Lake Resort in June, and had a question about the play pass. We will be staying for a week, but will be at parks three of these days, at the beach for most of another. Can we purchase a 3 day Play Pass and spread the use over the week, or will we need to get the 7 day? Can't seem to find that information anywhere! :confused3

If you have any information either way, that would be appreciated. Just trying to make sure we have it covered in the vaca budget!

Thanks!

Glad you asked this, we r staying here in Dec and wondered the same thing. Hope you get some replies.

The play pass is a card that you purchase, when you go down to the pool area there is a little "store" that you visit and the attendant will swipe your card and give you a wrist band. The day's are only taken off when you swipe the card ...

So yes, you can buy a 3 day pass and those day's are only deducted when you use the card.

day 1 - pool day - use the card
day 2 - park day
day 3 - pool day - use the card
day 4 - park day
day 5 - pool day - use the card

and so on.

One other thing that we found out is that you can swap the wrist band. We purchased 2 cards and when the kids wanted to go slide down the big 40' inflatable slide we walked back with them to the mini-golf desk, they cut off the band off of us and put one on the kids, then when the kids were done we did the opposite.

Also when you get to the resort and check in, they will hand you a packet with a fake $20 bill attached to it. If you stand at their desk and listen to them try to get you to sign up for a time share presentation, you can use that $20 towards a play pass. It took me about 5 minutes of telling the guy I wasn't interested in a time share before he said "ok no problem would you like to use the $20 for a play pass"

Contrary to what others have posted we have never been harrased any further about attending a time share presentation, they don't call the rooms and they don't send anyone to the rooms. The ONLY time we were ever asked is right after check in ... the last few times I have stayed there as I leave the check in line I hand the guy the fake $20 bill and tell him I'm not interested and keep walking. They look at me rather funny until I explain that I am semi-local and have stayed here about 6 times a year and I'm not interested in a time share or a play pass for my weekend trip!

The resort is "cashless" ... meaning you cannot use cash anywhere on the resort, you either use your room key (they put a $200 deposit on your card at check in) or you can use your debit/credit card to pay for items.

:thumbsup2

We plan to stay here on our next trip. Can someone tell me what the playpass costs and what it is used for?
Thanks!

We plan to stay here on our next trip. Can someone tell me what the playpass costs and what it is used for?
Thanks!

The cost is based on what package you buy and how many days you get.

I believe they sold 3 and 7 day passes

The play pass covers (again depending on what package you buy)

Unlimited Mini-Golf at either of two courses

Daily Tube Rental for the lazy River - 1 tube for each play pass

Unlimited "Fun Zone" entry - The Fun Zone has a Rock Wall, a Trampoline Bungee and "The Hippo" a 40ft high 168ft Long Inflatable slide

here you can see a pic of the rock wall and The Hippo slide.

Spent the weekend at Orange Lake and I snapped a picture of the Play Pass pricing sign ... Hope it helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter