Orlando Airport...Three Weeks Later & STILL a Mess!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We flew out of MCO three weeks ago, right after the new security regulations were put into effect, and the check-in and security lines were out of control (it was on a Sunday morning). We figured that things would smooth out once they got the hang of the new requirements. We just got home today, and I'm sorry to say that it was even worse this time. The check-in line for American wasn't bad, but the security line literally stretched all the way to the shuttle trains. That surprised me, as O'Hare is not bad at all, and I would have expected them to be even worse. All three of our post-9/11 experiences at O'Hare have been smooth (our bags have been searched, but the security checkpoint waits have been minimal to non-existent). The MCO lines may be dependent on day & time, as we didn't see a mega-line when we arrived Thursday morning. But be sure to allow extra time just in case!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Maybe I'm confused, but two weeks ago it seems the security points were located BEFORE you got to the shuttle trains.....I have a hard time figuring out how the lines stretched all the way back to the trains....seems they went in the opposite direction...and at that time it was maybe a 10 minute process:confused:

We came back two weeks ago and did not experience any long lines. And yes, the security checkpoints are in the main terminal BEFORE you get on the trains.

Please disregard my previous description...I discussed it with hubby, and I guess I was so scarred by the experience that I got it backwards. The line extended to the doors where you enter the building to check in with the airline. I could have sworn the shuttles are opposite, but I am losing my mind (or still not out of vacation mode yet). The signs posted said it was a 90 minute wait (we waited and had lunch at Chilis till it tamed down a little, as we had wisely booked at 2 p.m. flight). I suspect it is because cruise passengers from all the cruise lines are returning on Sunday morning. If your flight is on a Sunday, expect a looooong wait. This is the second time since 1/17 that we've encountered this, and this time it was way worse instead of better. One of the store workers told me he's seen the waits be up to two hours. I'll follow up again when we return from our Easter weekend Disney cruise.
Barb

Is there still curbside check-in? We've found that if we check our stuff outside, there is only the one line inside to worry about. Don't know if this is affected by the new regulations.
Robin M.

I think a lot of it depends on the day and time. I came back on 1/30 (wed), had about a 20 minute wait at usairlines but walked right through security with no wait at all. It was about 1pm.

Yes Robin, there is still curbside checkin (thank G-d), and you are totally correct, it does cut down on the "line time". However, security is still something that can have a lot of lines, especially with a lot of carry ons.

Okay, something else to look forward to!!! Our flight home this July will be on a Sunday morning around 10am. I can only hope that our flight is a little earlier than the cruise ship returnees flights home!!!:( Definitely doing curbside!!!!:rolleyes:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The irony was that, although the curbside check-in looked like Splash Mountain in the summer, the inside check-in line for American wasn't bad at all (some of the other airlines looked much worse). It was only the security line that was really bad. Be sure not to just go into the first line you see. If you look around, you will find that some are much shorter because many people don't realize that there are so many separate lines. And don't go into either of the end lines, as they let people with wheelchairs, carts, etc. cut to the front in those.
Barb

I did a Sunday night flight this week and had a 15 minute wait or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter