OT - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how much our wedding is going to cost.... It really upsets me how much they are!!

Bob xoxoxox

I think that's why we went abroad. I got a stag night in Las Vegas, a wedding and a honeymoon in Las Vegas for less than £2,000

My best mate spent £2,500 on his honeymoon to Las Vegas alone, and a further £4,000 on the wedding!!

I can't believe how much our wedding is going to cost.... It really upsets me how much they are!!

Bob xoxoxox
Aww, its worth it though!!

Cost waaaay more in the UK than the US though, (WDW weddings start at $4000/£2000) and a proper lush one is still only like $13000!)

Totally agree with you about 2nd cousins and stuff Cap'n

I think even though we'll go for the option where you can have as many guests as you like, we may lie and say we can only have a limited number if it looks like lots of people are keen on the idea.

The main reason i want to get married abroad (except for weather) is so that wierd/drunk family members can't make it.

I think that's why we went abroad. I got a stag night in Las Vegas, a wedding and a honeymoon in Las Vegas for less than £2,000

My best mate spent £2,500 on his honeymoon to Las Vegas alone, and a further £4,000 on the wedding!!

We're seriously looking at around 8k for our wedding, and its only for 50 people!! :eek: I keep looking for ways to cut the cost down though.... I've found a few in that we're making our own stationary, I'm making the cake, etc....

Cost waaaay more in the UK than the US though, (WDW weddings start at $4000/£2000) and a proper lush one is still only like $13000!)

I think even though we'll go for the option where you can have as many guests as you like, we may lie and say we can only have a limited number if it looks like lots of people are keen on the idea.

The main reason i want to get married abroad (except for weather) is so that wierd/drunk family members can't make it.

We are planning on hopefully having a booze free bar and providing about 4 glasses of wine per guest. A lot of Robert's family get BLADDERED at things like weddings and I really don't want them spoiling it. It might sound mean, but I'm past caring. Robert's parents are really cross about it, but we're fighting tooth and nail for it!!

We're also not having his cousins- Not out of malice but because it would double the number of guests. Plus, we're not having children at the wedding, so it would be mean inviting some and not others.....

Bob xoxoxox

We said that anyone was welcome to join us, but they had to pay their own accomodation and travel.

Once I gave them the link to be able to watch online I think we cut the numbers down to ten people who wanted to come all of them immediate family :thumbsup2

I like the idea of of just going somewhere and having a spontaneous wedding.... just make it up as you go along. Not sure that some of our family members would forgive us for that tho.

I like the idea of of just going somewhere and having a spontaneous wedding.... just make it up as you go along. Not sure that some of our family members would forgive us for that tho.

Thats what I wanted, but Robert's Mam said she'd never speak to us again. Personally I think that would have been an added bonus, but for some reason Robert didn't!! :rolleyes:

Bob xoxoxox

Bob, your wedding sounds perfect to me!!

I would be happy to have absolutely no alcohol at ours, as Jack and I rarely drink, but I certainly won't be doing a free bar. Just champagne for toasting. Although I don't like champagne, so might go for something a bit sweeter.

You're doing well to get it done for £8k!! jack's sisters was over 20 and they still did the flowers and cake themselves!! And her mum made the bridemaids dresses!

Thats what I wanted, but Robert's Mam said she'd never speak to us again. Personally I think that would have been an added bonus, but for some reason Robert didn't!! :rolleyes:

Bob xoxoxox
hahaha,

We're going to say to people about flights and accomodation (wedding party guests get 30% discount on WDW hotels) and then if any of the poeple who we really want there cant afford it we'll pay for them.

Everyone's gonna have at least 18mths notice though so should be fine!

Bob xoxoxox

:lmao: I'm sure she'd get over it LOL

I would be happy to have absolutely no alcohol at ours, as Jack and I rarely drink, but I certainly won't be doing a free bar. Just champagne for toasting. Although I don't like champagne, so might go for something a bit sweeter.

You're doing well to get it done for £8k!! jack's sisters was over 20 and they still did the flowers and cake themselves!! And her mum made the bridemaids dresses!

My sisters was about 15k, I think its just mad! thats a nice deposit on a house...its not worth it for a day!!

Well, we're only giving out some alcohol to 'keep the peace'.... We're having a round of Kir Royales for the toast as well, and I think thats more than enough with the four glasses of wine.

We're not doing a free bar either- I'm afraid a lot of his lot would abuse that facility.... (They aren't monsters, but they are tight!! :laughing: )

Thanks! I'm really trying. Our parents are paying for the venue, food and wine which should come to around 4k. Then our 4k is going on outfits, car, etc.... We're just gonna get Robert's groomsmen to wear their own black suits though, and we'll provide them with their ties, shirts and buttonholes.... Thats been a nice little money saver!

Bob xoxoxox

:lmao: I'm sure she'd get over it LOL

My sisters was about 15k, I think its just mad! thats a nice deposit on a house...its not worth it for a day!!

I don't know, she is very stubborn.... And I couldn't stand her ranting on about it for years.... (She does this a lot. Her neice got married recently at Gretna Green, and for the last month she hasn't stopped saying: "At our Kerry's wedding this" "At our Kerrys wedding that" and I was nearly ready to slap her if I heard it once more!! Kerry's wedding was everything I hate and she won't take the hint!)

It's unreal isn't it...? The average spend for a wedding is apparantly now 21k!!!!

Bob xoxoxox

Well, we're only giving out some alcohol to 'keep the peace'.... We're having a round of Kir Royales for the toast as well, and I think thats more than enough with the four glasses of wine.

We're not doing a free bar either- I'm afraid a lot of his lot would abuse that facility.... (They aren't monsters, but they are tight!! :laughing: )

Thanks! I'm really trying. Our parents are paying for the venue, food and wine which should come to around 4k. Then our 4k is going on outfits, car, etc.... We're just gonna get Robert's groomsmen to wear their own black suits though, and we'll provide them with their ties, shirts and buttonholes.... Thats been a nice little money saver!

Bob xoxoxox
I wouldnt worry about 'keeping the peace', if people moaned at my special day there wasn't enough alcohol I would smack them in the face!

I jsut don't get why celebration has to = getting drunk! The last thing I want to do is not be able to appreciate all the effort people ahve gone to by compromising my memory! also I hate drunk people! So certainly wont be trying to help anyone get drunk at one of my special occasions!!

Say to roberts parents if they want drinks so much then they should sponsor the bar and table drinks - will soon change their opinions.

I don't know, she is very stubborn.... And I couldn't stand her ranting on about it for years.... (She does this a lot. Her neice got married recently at Gretna Green, and for the last month she hasn't stopped saying: "At our Kerry's wedding this" "At our Kerrys wedding that" and I was nearly ready to slap her if I heard it once more!! Kerry's wedding was everything I hate and she won't take the hint!)

It's unreal isn't it...? The average spend for a wedding is apparantly now 21k!!!!

Bob xoxoxox

:lmao:

Gosh... I think thats terrible tbh!

Poor Bob,

Jacks mum's great, and seeing as she has another daughter's wedding to pay for I'm pretty sure she'll be more than happy letting us do whatever we fancy. Also luckily my dad spends most of his free time with footballers and expects weddigns to run into insane money, so he thinks £30k is reasonable. So hopefully I can even get my honeymoon out of him too!! Which trust me will not be reasonbly priced!! Lol.

I wouldnt worry about 'keeping the peace', if people moaned at my special day there wasn't enough alcohol I would smack them in the face!

I jsut don't get why celebration has to = getting drunk! The last thing I want to do is not be able to appreciate all the effort people ahve gone to by compromising my memory! also I hate drunk people! So certainly wont be trying to help anyone get drunk at one of my special occasions!!

Say to roberts parents if they want drinks so much then they should sponsor the bar and table drinks - will soon change their opinions.

I wouldn't dare suggest that because I bet they would.... You have not seen the amount of booze his family can get through!!

I don't get it either.... What sealed the deal for me was when Roberts Dad said: "At my sisters wedding, nobody knew each other really. But after a few drinks we were all hugging, kissing, and dancing the hokey kokey in a big circle...".... We just went: "Thats EXACTLY what we don't want happening!!"

Bob xoxoxox

:lmao:

Gosh... I think thats terrible tbh!

It is really.

Poor Bob,

Jacks mum's great, and seeing as she has another daughter's wedding to pay for I'm pretty sure she'll be more than happy letting us do whatever we fancy. Also luckily my dad spends most of his free time with footballers and expects weddigns to run into insane money, so he thinks £30k is reasonable. So hopefully I can even get my honeymoon out of him too!! Which trust me will not be reasonbly priced!! Lol.

Roberts parents tried the: "The Brides Family pays for the wedding" thing. It didn't even get off the ground. The wedding wouldn't even have 50 guests if it wasn't for how big their family was. Plus, my Mam is a single parent with a part time income and not much else. They have two really good incomes and frankly do bugger all else for us so they can pay for a good chunk of the wedding as far I'm concerned!! :laughing:

Bob xoxoxox

Poor Bob,

LOL if only we all had fathers that were happy to pick up the bill.

LOL if only we all had fathers that were happy to pick up the bill.

I wonder what my Dad would make of my wedding plans?? And Robert for that matter (Well, actually, we kinda know that thanks to my Mams friend who is a Medium....!!)....

Bob xoxoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter