OT - Hershey Meet Official Signup

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
Ok, since this subject has gotten buried, just wanted to know who is coming to the First Annual RP Summer Getaway in Hershey, PA on July 12th this summer?

(I'm hoping this will be the start of an annual event)!

Me!!! I will be there...can't wait, I am getting really excited as I have never been to Hershey Park before!! :) Meeting everyone though will be the highlight of the week! :)

We will be at Hershey Crowne Plaza from July 11th to July 13th and then we are headed to Philly for a few days! :)

*Edited*
To add that it will be me, DH, DS (6) and DD (4)! :)

We are! We as in myself, DH, DS4 & (hopefully) DS8 (it depends on his father's mood, my ex :rolleyes: ) I have full custody but he gets visitation and I'm hoping he'll opt to take his visitation at another time so DS8 can come. Some pixie dust would be very helpful::yes::

We'll actually arrive in Hershey very late (10 hour drive for us) on the 10th. Is there a chocolate tour or something that you can take, something my little ones would not be bored with?

Wouldn't it be great if it could be an annual event!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Michelle,

There is Chocolate World which we never get tired of. You ride in "cars" while they take you through the chocolate making process. Just be careful when you go through the roaster! When you're done there are the obligatory shops and goodies! http://www.hersheyschocolateworld.com/gift_shops.shtml and restaurants http://www.hersheyschocolateworld.com/restaurants.shtml

It is usually opens an hour before the park opens. It is located right outside the park entrance.

Make sure you go and sign up at www.hersheypark.com for updates.

They have the hours up and July 10 the park is open from 10 AM - 11 PM, and the 11th and 12th it is open from 10 AM - 10 PM.

Here's the link for Choclate World. http://www.hersheyschocolateworld.com/

It looks like they have a new show also for an additional admission. http://www.hersheyschocolateworld.com/show.shtml

I've never traveled alone with the kids before, but we'll make the treck! Hubby has to stay and run the shop, so if anyone can PM me with more details on info and where to get started, we'll be there!

B

DH , myself and DD(8) will be arriving in Hershey on Saturday the 10th (late) staying hopefully at the Hershey campground. (can't remember the name)
Looking forward to it!!!!!!

Originally posted by bcorso
I've never traveled alone with the kids before, but we'll make the treck! Hubby has to stay and run the shop, so if anyone can PM me with more details on info and where to get started, we'll be there!

B

Bonnie,

Actual meet is still in planning stages since we need to see who is coming and when everyone will get here. We're planning on going to Hersheypark on July 12th.

Beanie got her hotel on Hotwire. It's located in Harrisburg which is a short drive from the park. You can usually get a better deal on Harrisburg hotels since Hershey hotels seem to be on the pricier end.

Since I live in the area, I'd be glad to help you out with any questions you may have.

Y'all keep teasing me with all this talk about the Hershey Meet. I've looked into it, and it is 1,519 miles to Hershey from my house, and the cheapest fares start at $350 RT. :eek: I'll be there in spirit! :D Y'all better eat a lot of chocolate in my honor! ;)

When we get there will depend on traffic, I'm driving from MA. Lodging will depend on if my mom comes with us or not. Has anyone been to Dutch Wonderland? I've got 3 kids (14, 12 and 4) in tow and would like to do as much as possible while we are there.

B

Bonnie, it's been years since we've gone to Dutch Wonderland. It is a smaller amusement park for younger kids. It's more laid back with few thrill rides. Having said that, the parking lot is always packed and it's great for smaller kids. Luvdancink might be able to give you more info since she lives in Lancaster.

Harrisburg is a short drive from Hershey and there are some things to do there with kids. There is the Whitaker Center which is a hands on type of museum. They also have an IMAX theater there. There is also City Island where the Senators play.

I really want to come so I am going to talk DH into it tonight. I think it will work if I get the kids in with me. Went to VA a couple years ago and the trip was not to bad from where we live in western MI. How far are you from Cleveland. Been there too. I think we are about 4 hour from there so it would be nice to know how much far is Hersey from Cleveland.

Sue

Well, not sure about Cleveland, but Pittsburgh is about a 4 hour drive. I think Columbus is another 2-3 hours.

Originally posted by dtuleya
Well, not sure about Cleveland, but Pittsburgh is about a 4 hour drive. I think Columbus is another 2-3 hours.

When we drove to Mackinac Island, Ann Arbor was about 5 hours from Pittsburgh, and it was another 4 to the ferry to Mackinac (since the speed limits in MI are higher). Don't know where in MI you are. Pittsburgh is probably, what, 2 hours from Cleveland? Guess it depends which side of each city you're on. The easy part is you would get on the PA Turnpike at the Ohio border and take that to Harrisburg (if my Yahoo map is correct).

I guess that we are about 8-9 hours away then. That is do-able in one day. Maybe even two if we leave Thurs. and take it easy going or maybe bring the camper and camp with Tantor's family. Well, at least I now have some info so I can talk to DH.

OK did not know DH was logged in. This is WDWMom speaking.

Hey, That sounds great. I will look into the campsite and let you know what's happening!!

So, where's everyone at in their planning?

Who is officially going? Who is still in the "thinking about it" stages?

It's getting closer!

thanks for the reminder, I will look into our plans this week. (I'm making a note right now........)::yes::

I'll be there and I'll even take a vacation day from work. This meet is easy for me. I live in Harrisburg PA as you can see and we have season passes to Hersheypark. We go there 3-4 times a week. It is only a 10 minute drive for us so we run down with our DDs afterwork and let them ride the kiddie rides....they love it. If any one has any questions feel free to PM me. I can't wait to see everyone. Yipppeeee a part of Disney in Hershey. Hersheypark is a really nice park....not WDW but still nice and clean.
Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter