OT-Hershey Meet People...

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
We are not too far away from our meet now...what is it? 12 days or so?? :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Anyway, where are we all meeting...have we set anything up yet?? Are we meeting inside the park? At the gates? What time??

Details, People...I need details!!:tongue: :tongue:

Can't wait to see you all! :)

The last I knew was that we (my family, your family, Laurie's and tantor's family) were going to meet at the AppleBee's in Harrisburg on Sunday July 11 at 5pm. If I recall correctly - Denise can't make it to AppleBee's and you might be a bit late but we could go ahead and have a drink for the both of you and / or your families. :drinking1

As for Monday, my 21st b'day;) , we were going to meet at 9am and go to / on the chocolate factory tour.

After that I guess it's just do as you please.

I know Laurie was going to call and see if we could do the picnic thing they have there but you have to something like 40 people. :(

If I'm wrong, forgot or misunderstood the details - set me straight. I've been going :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: these last couple of weeks. I need a family free vacation:teeth:

Okay, that is correct, I forgot about Applebee's...I still have to say I am a 'maybe' because I am not really sure what time we are arriving...I am hoping we are in Hershey way before 5 pm, but I don't know how traffic/weather, ect is going to be, so don't wait for me if I am not there by 5:30 or so!! I do plan to be though! :)

Oh great, we are all doing the Hershey tour together? That is going to be fun!! What a blast we will have...I will definitely have my camera in tow!! ;)

I live in the Hershey area and just to let you know there is a promotion going on with many of the local Chevrolet delearships where you take a test drive and they give you a voucher for a free Hershey Park pass plus a free parking voucher. Usually if you let them know you do not need a car they will just validate the voucher. Just to let you know in case anyone plans on going to the park. Let me know if you need any dealerships or numbers.

Thanks for the information, Tikibird!! I appreciate it!! :)

Applebee's on Sunday @ 5. Probably will make it. How will we know each other????

Looking forward to the Chocolate tour on Monday!!!!

Karen, how was camping? Did you have a nice time?

I am definitely looking forward to the Hershey Chocolate Tour on Monday!! Should be a lot of fun!! :)

Applebee's is still a maybe for us...Seems we are 9 hours away instead of the 7 I thought it was...I am not sure what time we are leaving here, but I am pushing for very early Sunday morning!! LOL

6 more days to go and we leave!! :)

Originally posted by TikiBird
I live in the Hershey area and just to let you know there is a promotion going on with many of the local Chevrolet delearships where you take a test drive and they give you a voucher for a free Hershey Park pass plus a free parking voucher. Usually if you let them know you do not need a car they will just validate the voucher. Just to let you know in case anyone plans on going to the park. Let me know if you need any dealerships or numbers.

DH and I are going to test drive a Chevy now so I can get my free ticket and parking pass. :hyper:

:( We got there and it ended 6/30. :(

Aww Denise, that stinks!!:( At least you tried though!

Hey Denise, I have a question that maybe you can answer for me...how far are you from Washington, D.C. A ballpark figure would be fine...thanks!

Hey Beanie! Are you guys thinking of going to D.C.?

I can't tell you how far it is from York but I do know that according to the Visitor's Guide I have that D.C. is 75 minutes from Gettysburg. We're actually staying in Gettysburg and plan on visiting Hershey, Gettysburg and D.C.!

I need to call for tickets tomorrow but we decided to take a tour bus for D.C. and found out that they pick you up at various spots in Gettysburg!!

I'll post a bit more later when I have more time about where we're staying and all that. Right now I'm supposed to be doing laundry so we can have clean clothes to wear for vacation!!

See you all in a few days!:wave2:

Well, right now I am sort of tossing the idea around! LOL Not really sure what we are going to do...I know that Tuesday we are going to try and do Philadelphia, but that might change if we decide to do D.C. We both have until Thursday night off, so no rush getting back! :)

Originally posted by Beanie
Well, right now I am sort of tossing the idea around! LOL Not really sure what we are going to do...I know that Tuesday we are going to try and do Philadelphia, but that might change if we decide to do D.C. We both have until Thursday night off, so no rush getting back! :)

DH says it's about 3 hours from Hershey to DC. :D

Tricia, I don't know if this will help you decide or not...

We're leaving Friday morning and staying at the Hyatt Regency at Penn's Landing for two nights thanks to a great rate I got on Priceline. I'm soooo excited because I just found out that the 75 Mickeys that celebrities decorated will be at Penn's Landing through July 20th.! Yippee!

https://licensing.disney.com/Login/apps/loginpages/jsp/dcpdl/splash/MickeyAllStatues.jsp

Here's the article from http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/

Celebrate Mickey: 75 InspEARations Statue Tour comes
to Penn's Landing!

The Walt Disney Company’s celebration of Mickey Mouse’s 75th Anniversary marches forward as 15 Mickey Mouse statues, designed by a variety of Mickey’s friends visit Penn’s Landing. The statues were unveiled on May 23 and will be here until July 20. Appropriately deemed “Celebrate Mickey: 75 InspEARations,” the Mickey statue program is comprised of Disney legends, artists, actors, athletes and performing artists who lent creative talent or simply creative inspiration that resulted in 75 uniquely designed, 700-pound, 6-foot-tall Mickey statues.

Celebrities such as John Travolta, Star Jones, James Gandolfini, Michelle Kwan, Brian McKnight and Christy Carlson Romano helped design and create these original Mickey Statues. Whether deciding to use Mickey as a canvas or finding fun ways to dress him up, each artist’s statue is a genuine work of art.

In groups of 15, the statues will visit 10 cities in 2004 and will be on display for approximately two months in each location. In 2005, all 75 will come together again at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif., Washington D.C. and New York City before they are auctioned by Sotheby’s Auction House to raise money for the charity of each individual artist’s choice.

So if you have a day off and are looking for something to do come on down to Penn’s Landing at the Walnut Plaza and check out 15 original works of art. The statues are located in the WALNUT Plaza adjacent to the Independence Seaport Museum and they are FREE to view and experience! The statues will be on display until July 20, 2004.

For more information on the Mickey statues, or a calendar with more information on Mickey’s 75th Anniversary, please visit the press portion of www.disneyconsumerproducts.com.

That sounds like fun too!! There is so much to see and do in PA and DC...I think instead of Disney next year, I might just take a week and visit different sights...

I absolutely love the Civil War era so I am thinking spending a week in Virginia might be the vacation for me. The kids are kind of getting Disney'd out and DH would like to do something different as well. I am really considering doing this next year...we shall see! :)

Thanks Denise...interesting and might be worth it for us to stop over!! :)

We had a great time in Williamsburg last summer. We spent two days doing the "history stuff", one day at BG/Williamsburg (we loved it) and one day at Water Country USA. I did some research on hotels and didn't see any place convenient that I really wanted to stay at (for the inflated prices), so we rented a new timeshare at Kings Creek Plantation (right beside Water Country USA ) instead for less than $90/night. It was absolutely beautiful and we didn't have to sit through a presentation.

http://www.kingscreekplantation.com/

Thanks for the link, Denise...I will definitely check it out...I am starting to believe that this is definitely what I want to do for vacation next year...I am sure we will still fit a short trip to Disney in there, but I definitely want to spend the bulk of my vacation days in Virginia...:)

I absolutely want to visit Monticello, Montpelier and Mount Vernon...I love that stuff and to actually walk through those houses will be incredible...

I know, I am a geek :rolleyes:

I know, I am a geek :rolleyes:

Well, I guess we're geeks too then, even our kids! We've always been interested in the Civil War Era, especially my DH. We had a really great time in Tennessee a few years back looking at the sites down there.

Maybe next year we could have a "Civil War" Dis meet instead of a Hershey Dis meet!

::yes::

Michelle, that is a great idea!! I would love to have a meet like that...I have never been to any of the battlefields or anything!! :) We should definitely think about doing something like that next summer!! :)

Originally posted by Tantor
How will we know each other????

A DUH Karen,, remember to look for the Hot PINK tubetop pants suit.... I Don't know what everryone else is wearing,, but if everyone flocks to me,, we'll get together.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter