OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

We can't book yet, but I just bought our plane tickets for next summer. We are doing the Baltic 7-night cruise followed by the Norway 7-night cruise with DCL then flying from Copenhagen to Paris for a few nights at Disneyland Paris. This will be my third visit and my daughter's second. Very excited to go back. It is such a lovely, laid back experience (we're from FL, so it is very different than our usual visits to WDW!).

That sounds wonderful!! Have you done the cruises before? I've been looking at the one from Barcelona that goes around Italy! :cloud9:

We're booking at the weekend for 5 nights/6 days at the Cheyenne for the week of 21st September. Hubby has got the week off with me so we're taking the little man again!!! Woohoo *does a happy butt dance*

What a great time of year for a trip, warm & quiet - happy planning!! :goodvibes

Afternoon all, just thought as it's pouring with rain i'd make a start on the planning for next years trip, of course the first place i head is straight to the DIS.:goodvibes

poppie123 said:
Afternoon all, just thought as it's pouring with rain i'd make a start on the planning for next years trip, of course the first place i head is straight to the DIS.:goodvibes

You are amongst friends ::yes:: what's the plan poppie123? (Sorry if you have a ticker, I can't see it on my phone!)

You are amongst friends ::yes:: what's the plan poppie123? (Sorry if you have a ticker, I can't see it on my phone!)

That's ok, we're going for 4 nights from the 5th-9th of Feb. This will be my 12 visit but it will be the very first with my new Grandaughter and we are also taking my Mum.
So that's why ive called it the 3 generations trip.:)

Im currently sat here thinking do i or dont i pop over in October on my own lol. At the moment the sensible side of me is winning and i am refraining but it could be different tommorow :rotfl2:

That's ok, we're going for 4 nights from the 5th-9th of Feb. This will be my 12 visit but it will be the very first with my new Grandaughter and we are also taking my Mum. So that's why ive called it the 3 generations trip.:) Im currently sat here thinking do i or dont i pop over in October on my own lol. At the moment the sensible side of me is winning and i am refraining but it could be different tommorow :rotfl2:

Go on you know you want to go in October :). I'm hoping to book soon, my cousin is interested in going in November so hope to go bonfire season. Only problem is that I'm also hoping to go to NYC in November so if it hoes ahead it will be back to back hols but we will see

She'll be one. Probably much too young yet but we plan to make it an annual thing so she'll grow up with it. :)

No such thing as too young! Rosebug was 4 months on her first trip! ;)

Just wondering if anyone would like to see Rosebug's Aurora bedroom, considering I asked on here for info regarding bits I wanted for it?

room10 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room9 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room8 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room7 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room6 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room5 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room4 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room3 by rosebug09, on Flickr

room1 by rosebug09, on Flickr

She absolutely loves it, and with the new release of the Aurora range on DS website I am sure there will be a few more bits to add into it soon. We managed to get one of the limited edition Aurora dolls http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/princess/ pre-ordered, because my awesome Uncle went into his local store in the US and managed to get one of the 15 they had been allocated! It is beautiful!

Her obsession with Aurora is partly because she is pink but mostly because of her first meet with her on her 3rd birthday trip to Auberge, as she was just wonderful with her! Never thought I would have a girl so obsessed with pink! princess:

Rosebug's Aurora room is gorgeous - my sister is very jealous.

I told her she could never keep it that tidy though. :rotfl2:

Now that's a girly room :lovestruc Beautiful, wonderful.
Room of my boys is never that tidy. Not even nearly that tidy. Ever. :rotfl:

Thanks guys! It took alot of work as it was so hard to find Aurora bedding, my Uncle had to bring it over from the US for me. The rest of the bits (lithographs, Royal Doulton figure; bookends etc.) I got from ebay - some at great prices!

And her room is pretty tidy most of the time, except when her books start piling up and she empties her costume drawer. HOWEVER, this is only because she has mp toys (except her princess castle now) in her bedroom as she has a "playroom" aka our conservatory which is an absolute bloody tip!!!

RoseBug said:
Thanks guys! It took alot of work as it was so hard to find Aurora bedding, my Uncle had to bring it over from the US for me. The rest of the bits (lithographs, Royal Doulton figure; bookends etc.) I got from ebay - some at great prices!

And her room is pretty tidy most of the time, except when her books start piling up and she empties her costume drawer. HOWEVER, this is only because she has mp toys (except her princess castle now) in her bedroom as she has a "playroom" aka our conservatory which is an absolute bloody tip!!!

Lol! Our house is clean on the surface. (DH is a bit OCD about cleaning - he mops 5 times a day!) Don't dare open a press or look behind the armchairs though!!
Gorgeous room. You have an eye for it mama bug

My boys room looks like after a hurricane. Or any other disaster. And that's normal. And when they get their Lego's... :eek::eek:

I wish for a room like that. For the little princess in me :rolleyes1:cloud9:

We have a boy like that here too, it must be a boy thing :)

Ah - Rosebug's room may be lovely and tidy, but only because the bulk of her stuff is downstairs - the living room has the lego collection; the dining room has her art table and crafts stuff and the conservatory ALL her toys, and this room looks like a bomb has gone off most days!

And as Kizzabel said - don't open a drawer or cupboard in our house or look behind a chair - my hubby tidies by making piles wherever he can!!! :confused3

Our dogs make kids clean up. They now - if you leave your stuff where dog can get them, he will eat your stuff. So they just close their bedroom door and try not to leave anything in living room etc.

We've had a Disney day, and it has made me so excited about February and telling Rosebug!

We went to a Disney singalong event at a hotel, was a great price as it was £15 an adult and £10 a child, for a 2 course buffet (I thought party food, got there and it was like a carvery!) the Disney singalong which was more like a show with performing characters and then a disco (don't have anything good to say about the disco as I really don't think "Wiggle" is an acceptable song, among other similar ones, to be playing at a disco for a Disney event!).

At the end the kids were given the chance to meet the characters - it wasn't quite the same as Disney (some of them... oh dear, and I always avoid things with characters outside of Disney as I don't want to ruin any magic, but it didn't today!) but Rosebug was thrilled to meet Tink and Anna and Elsa.

Wanna see some pics?

tink by rosebug09, on Flickr

ariel by rosebug09, on Flickr

anna elsa by rosebug09, on Flickr

Your girl looks sooo happy.
But you are right, they need more Disney in those outfits :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter