OT: LOST fans?

There were so many worst endings they could have chosen. It could have all been a dream. They could all be in comas. They could have died in the crash. MIB could have killed them all. Everyone could have stayed miserable. In the end, I feel they told a great story. Their experiences on the island were real and there were good relationships. And, there was a satisfaction for me that they were all happy in the end.

Yes, and my worst fear was they they were going to "wake up" and find it was all a dream. That would've been WAY worse.

I have to say that this series has stirred up quite a ruckus. And I think I know why-the very people who love sci fi have been drawn to Lost-and those are typically the "science minded" people who don't believe in an "afterlife" or spirituality. Now don't flame me for this-I am just stating my thoughts. But so many of the negative feelings about the ending seem to be taking exception to the "faith" based ending-the fact that it was a somewhat religious explanation of events that so many hoped would be better explained by alternate universes/time space continuum etc.

and Juliet.

ohhhh Juliet...was she a planned character from the start? I feel like she wasn't... I would really like to have seen her character resolved by meeting up with her sister and the baby she helped her conceive but never met...

ohhhh Juliet...was she a planned character from the start? I feel like she wasn't... I would really like to have seen her character resolved by meeting up with her sister and the baby she helped her conceive but never met...

I guess they couldn't because she died on the island.

i really don't care about the nitty gritty...
i liked the ending....the ending was meaningful for me..
anything that bothered me - well...it's just a tv show.....a great tv show that i enjoyed for 6 years.....and now it's over.....life goes on....

Still, I think they technically could have written the finale exactly as it aired and just added those characters in the church. Ben would have been out of place in the church imo.

Desmond, Penny, Libby, Bernard...is that it?

bernard was mentioned repeatedly by rose....so while we didn't see him, we heard about him.....

did we not meet desmond and penny in season 1 off the island? was it only in season 2 we met them?

whatever....i don't really care...i enjoyed the finale....it worked for me...
i'm sad to see the who go, but i'm not going to get all tied up in knots over this or that.....after all, it was written by regular people (albeit, incredibly talented people)..

it was a tv show.....with a great beginning, mostly a great middle (with some lapses) and a great end...... that provided many hours of enjoyment for my family.

beyond that....whatever..
i don't analyze books either.. :)

Desmond, Penny, Libby, Bernard...is that it?

bernard was mentioned repeatedly by rose....so while we didn't see him, we heard about him.....

did we not meet desmond and penny in season 1 off the island? was it only in season 2 we met them?

whatever....i don't really care...i enjoyed the finale....it worked for me...
i'm sad to see the show go, but i'm not going to get all tied up in knots over this or that.....after all, it was written by regular people (albeit, incredibly talented people)..

it was a tv show.....with a great beginning, mostly a great middle (with some lapses) and a great end...... that provided many hours of enjoyment for my family.

beyond that....whatever..
i don't analyze books either.. :)

Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed the finale immensely.

But - now that I've watched it a second time (minus all of the tears....mostly)...I know what's been bugging me a bit.

It did seem somewhat like more of a season finale instead of a series finale. Why do I say this?

The end of the series was dedicated to explaining the "sideways world." But, that world was only in the final 18 episodes.

That doesn't downgrade my impression of the finale though (which is why I've already watched it again). :)

- D

Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed the finale immensely.

But - now that I've watched it a second time (minus all of the tears....mostly)...I know what's been bugging me a bit.

It did seem somewhat like more of a season finale instead of a series finale. Why do I say this?

The end of the series was dedicated to explaining the "sideways world." But, that world was only in the final 18 episodes.

That doesn't downgrade my impression of the finale though (which is why I've already watched it again). :)

- D

i've watched it twice too (first on itunes and then on the broadcast here just now)..
and yes, the second time was mostly without any tears (i cried again at the end)..

but i also liked it the second time....it tied it all up for me...
i don't have to have the island explained...DD was also bothered by the island questions....and all the unaswered questions......and DS hated the ending.....he was annoyed with it..
but i liked it...

My first impression of the plane wreckage shown in the end was that they were showing us that there were, in reality, NO survivors of the plane crash...just the wreckage on the beach.

I thought of the scene right before hand with Jack laying on the ground and the dog (what was his name ?) laying next to him.

Was this their subtle way of saying the dog had died as well ? He was lying in an odd position for a dog, kind of lifeless looking. Perhaps this entire show took place in a dying man's mind - in Jack's imagination.

*sigh*

I don't know... SO much to think about.

What I DO know is the amazing feeling I was left with after watching last night's finale. As if my mind had been taken on some sort of wonderful, disorienting kind of trip into some fantastic place. A place both mysterious, frightening and comforting all at the same time.

What an *amazing* achievement this was for a television show !

Do I wish more concrete questions were answered ? Sure.

Will I be buying the series on blu-ray in August ? You bet. :goodvibes

I have to say I was really freaked out last night. The episode was well written all the way to the end. It was nice to see everyone meet again, Juliette/Sawyer and Charlie/Claire especially. Jack was great. Our hero! I'm going to miss Jack and Sawyer. I was hoping that there would be more answers to the island's secrets, though.

the lighthouse, the temples, who built these?
Did the numbers really have no significance? It was destiny or was it just Jacob/smokie pulling the strings.
Why can Hurley and Myles see/hear dead people?

I know, I could go on all night!

So why didn't Jack or Desmond become a smoke monster or maybe a white fog monster :rotfl:? Remember the shots a while back of the island under water? Are we sure that everyone was "living" on the island?

What about Ecko, Walt, and Michael? Why weren't they there?

Man of Science, Man of Faith. Hummm. I was kind of mad last night with the final minutes but the more I think about it, the more I liked the ending. Where else could they go with the storyline? It was a story about the characters, not just the island. That's why we were all along for the ride, it was the people/characters that touched our hearts. That's who we are all gonna miss.

When Locke and Jack are about to go to the light at the center of the island. Jack says "I'm gonna kill you" Locke says how? Jack, "It's a secret". So corny but I just loved it!!! DS thought the epic battle on the cliff where Jack comes running and jumps on Locke was the best scene of the night.

It's only the best show on television.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter