OT: Need some Arizona advice...

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
If this is the wrong board, mods, I'm sorry..please move to where this is appropriate:)

My parents have a week with an RCI exchange - given to them as a gift - and they would like to try Arizona in October/early November. They would like to do two weeks total (use the one week, and do a rental the next), and like to do "day trips", and then rest/relax around a nice pool the next day.

Any suggestions for...well, anything?;) I've been poking around on TUG, and before I say "here's a couple to pick from", thought I'd get some advice from my experts;)

TIA!!

:sunny:

...and maybe a tip on where to stay??;)

Anybody?? I have to book this, this weekend, and the Carlsbad is all that's available on TUG... :confused3

Pretty please??

Can't really help with the trade advice...if you could find something available...I could probably tell you a little about the area.

Obviously, if you can get in Scottsdale...GREAT area!! There are also a lot of timeshares up in the Sedona or White Mountains areas that are really nice.

As far as seasons go...October is still REALLY hot. We typically get our first "cold spell" (i.e. less than 90-95 degrees during the day) on Halloween day...don't know why...it just seems to happen. November will be in the mid-80's most of the month.

I live in Phoenix. Feel free to pm me with any "general Arizona" questions. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

:wave:

Beca

We just got back from the Arizona Biltmore (did a II exchange); we had a great time. The resort was built in 1929 and has a lot of history (past patrons have been movies stars, atheletes and every U.S. President from Hoover to George Bush).

We stayed in the cottage area (looks okay); When we return, I would prefer the Paradise Valley Wing (pool view or gardens view)

I hope I helped.

I echo the Sedona idea. We did a week stay there a few years back and really enjoyed it. Lots to see & do ... good luck.

Beca, bz8bls, and Bojo...we'll know our options tomorrow, and I'll post what they are - if you don't mind to voice an opinion, I'd appreciate it:)

Here's a link for lots of info about Arizona tourism.

http://www.arizonaguide.com/home.asp

To list a few things:
Heard Museum - Native American museum
Desert Botanical Gardens or Boyce Thompson Arboretum - if they like desert scenery and plants
Downtown Scottsdale - for the shops and galleries & Native Am stuff like jewelry and art
Kartchner Caverns - Caves. Need advance reservations from what I hear.
Montezuma Castle & Tuzigoot - Native Am. ruins. Tuzigoot is very cool, but hot with no shade. Montezuma is better if they want a walk through kind of thing, and it has a little museum attached to it.
Pima Air & Space Museum - has old planes from WWI and things like that - near Tucson.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter