Other LA/Anaheim attractions

chellebelle

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have booked a trip to disneyland for the end of September for 10 days and 2 out of the 10 days we don't have anything planned can anyone suggest some other actrivities we could do??

Thank you

M

We love to go to Anaheim Angels games! There is not a bad seat in the place, the tickets are cheap, they show cartoons and fireworks during the game (fireworks for a HR). Even if the Angels are not your team it's a blast!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

That would be great but when I just went and looked at the schedle for the Angels they last home game looks like it would be Oct 1. Great I dea though,

Any one else got any suggestions??

How far is the Block from Disneyland??

We really enjoyed The Medieval Times Dinner and Show. Have you looked at what is going on at House of Blues or The Jazz Kitchen in DTD when you are there?

Also going to see a movie at El Capitan in Hollywood with a stop at the Disney Soda Shoppe next door is fun.

we took a tour of the warner brothers studios last summer. it was a great choice...so facinating, really a wonderful morning. afterwards went to lunch at the polo lounge at the beverly hills hotel. just a perfect day all around. :)

Would you be interested in seeing a television show taping?

There are really sooo many things to do besides DL....

.... just hopping into a car you could explore for weeks! But that would be pretty inefficient. So - if you don't mind I'll drop a few general suggestions:

1) tickets for anything (sports or performing arts). Searching ebay and selecting any tickets in any number for the greater LA area in september comes back with 1,921 auction listings (lots of sports). There's gotta be a few dozen if not a few hundred listings good during your 10 day stay. I assume your 2 free days are flexible... and if you're wise then you would agree that the best days to skip the park are on the weekends. Which is great for catching live entertainment.

2) explore one of the many museums in the area. The Getty is the richest museum in the world near Santa Monica. There is a Peterson Automotive museum. Or visit the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Etc.

3) Ride bikes along the beach. Catch lunch right along side the sand and watch folks ride by. Low key, very pleasant.

4) Visit another amusement park - like Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, or maybe Magic Mountain which is furthest but an all rollercoaster place for the most part - plus a water park if it is still open and the weather is fair.

5) How about doing some shopping - unless you get good shopping back home?

6) Tuesday sept 26 Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers play at the Hollywood Bowl. On Sept 30th at the Greek Theater is WaveFest: Earth, Wind and Fire, Ramsey Lewis Trio, David Pack (29.50-129.50). On the 29th WaveFest features : Brian McKnight, Boney James, Eric Darius, Norman Brown - check out the regional line up at http://www.casenet.com/concert/concert.html

7) more later edited in

I'm now sitting back and dreaming of all the fun, romantic stuff I could do with my DH if I were there w/out my kids! :thumbsup2
I LOVE Hollywood Bowl. Way cool if you could go there. Last time I was there, they still let you bring picnic lunches. You could make an afternoon/evening of it and go see Hollywood (check out the second floor of the Roosevelt Hotel for a neat pictoral history of Hollywoodland aka today as Hollywood, I used to go all the time!), the walk of fame, the Chinese theatre, the soda shoppe, and then go to the Hollywood bowl.
Whale watching trip would be fun, and from one site I went to, they're seeing the blue whales right now.
A trip to Catalina. Catalina Tours has a bunch offered (not necessarily endorsing them, as I've never gone with them, they just have a huge selection.) http://www.catalina.com/main.html is the official website of Catalina. My brother proposed to his wife there.

check what events are going on at the Arrowhead Pond...there may be a concert or show that you might like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter