Other Parks: Universal/Sea World/Kennedy - COMPLETED

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!

Letters: I didn't really follow the suggested colors so that I could use colors associated with the themes I used. For group J: U = Jaws, S = Simpsons Ride, T = Twister. For group K: S = Cat in the Hat, O = park logo, N = Lost Continent. For group L: R = Ravenclaw, S = Slytherin colors, but a quidditch broom.

IMG_9311.jpg

Group M: Krusty paper piecing, and Large Tag/Title
IMG_9312.jpg

Group N: Lost Continent Title and Borders
IMG_9316.jpg

Group O: Cat in the Hat Box & Tag, Lyric
IMG_9313.jpg

Group P: Honeydukes Title & Boxes. Each person gets two identical boxes to use at either mats or journaling. The edges are inked, but it doesn't show up too well in the pic.

IMG_9315.jpg

Those are sooooo coool! Love the Krusty, the letters, everything. Very excited about this & I'll be working on my sets today. DH went to work early, kids will go off to school & MIL is at her daughter's house - I have the house to myself for once!

Hope -- :lovestruc Love them all!!! (but the cow makes me chuckle!) Your attention to detail is amazing!

I knew this swap was going to be fun! My daughters and I are counting down the time til we are there and this has just gotten me more excited!

Mine will be to you by the due date...have to finish them up. We have all been sick here, so things have gotten held up! I'll post pix and give my DC when it's on it's way!!

And, Hope - I love all your stuff! You really always do such a great job with the letters!

Hope, those are great. I had the same idea of using the park rides as inspiration. I was afraid that mine would be too different from everyone else's letters. But we are pretty similar in styles - for Universal, I chose Shrek, Bart Simpson, and Curious George; and for Islands of Adventure, I chose Thing 2, Spiderman, and Popeye.

My letters are done - I'll have to post a pic later. I'm still toiling away on the element groups. Everything is cut, just need to assemble. I will mail on time.

I've been worried that someone would come up with the same thing and duplicate, so I tried to go with maybe less popular ideas like Twister and Lost Continent. Although, we went very similar with both choosing the Cat in the Hat story and Simpsons ride, we are still different with Bart/Maggie, Cat/Thing 2. The words are so long that duplicating an attraction won't be too much either.

I just went back to look at my letters (I cut them some time ago and forgot exactly what I did)...my N is the Cat in the Hat's hat also. I can try to redo them, or they can go as far apart as possible in the words. What does everyone think? I did a spider's web and dinosaur for the others.

I guess my N could be in Adventure and Hope's S is obviously in Islands...so they would not even be on the same page (if doing 2-page spread) or they would be top and bottom of the page...so guess it should work. Sorry I didn't notice it before...been really sick. I'd rather not have to cut again if I don't have to, but will see what everyone thinks.

But we are pretty similar in styles - for Universal, I chose Shrek, Bart Simpson, and Curious George; and for Islands of Adventure, I chose Thing 2, Spiderman, and Popeye.

I've been worried that someone would come up with the same thing and duplicate, so I tried to go with maybe less popular ideas like Twister and Lost Continent. Although, we went very similar with both choosing the Cat in the Hat story and Simpsons ride, we are still different with Bart/Maggie, Cat/Thing 2. The words are so long that duplicating an attraction won't be too much either.

I just went back to look at my letters (I cut them some time ago and forgot exactly what I did)...my N is the Cat in the Hat's hat also. I can try to redo them, or they can go as far apart as possible in the words. What does everyone think? I did a spider's web and dinosaur for the others.

I guess my N could be in Adventure and Hope's S is obviously in Islands...so they would not even be on the same page (if doing 2-page spread) or they would be top and bottom of the page...so guess it should work. Sorry I didn't notice it before...been really sick. I'd rather not have to cut again if I don't have to, but will see what everyone thinks.

NO WORRIES!!! That is the fun of the 2" letters, some of the stuff might be similar but none of it will be identical because different people are creating it. I even like it when there are some items kind-of the same, I thinks it adds funky interest.

Erin -- this is what I will do to you if you redo any of your work -- :badpc: (pretend the pc is your head) So rest :coffee: and I wish I could send you to the :beach: to recoup!

Ok I'm officially in the mail!!!! Yeah!!!! I feel like I forgot something but I always get that feeling when I mail. So please let me know if I did. LOL

I planned on working on it after school everyday, but book fair kicked my butt. I am not used to being on my feet for that many straight hours. I am cutting them out today and will assemble this weekend and be postal on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter