Otters at OKW this morning

How adorable! And how lucky that you got to see them! (You must've gotten pixiedust: )

Thanks for the morning "smile"!:goodvibes

I thought all of the animal viewing experiences were at AKL on the and Reserved to the Kilimajaro Club Concirege level :rotfl2: - how cool

So cool!! Thanks!

How COOL is that!! My kids love when we see animals at our resorts, but otters would be great!!

I'd also like to know what building you were staying at.

Adorable! Thanks so much for sharing, next time we're at OKW I'll be looking for otters. :)

Wow!!!! I did see some otters at WL last month, but that is so neat that they were out in the grass. :)

Wonderful serendipity to have otters and a camera at the same time...we just got back from OKW and were impressed at the duck, two squirrels, heron, and yellow-eyed mobster birds that appeared almost simultaneously when we took bagels out on our patio for breakfast. I wish we'd thought to look for otters! We saw a pair of otters a couple of times at the pond outside one wing of Wilderness Lodge, but not this close!

Thanks for sharing.

How COOL is that!! My kids love when we see animals at our resorts, but otters would be great!!

I'd also like to know what building you were staying at.
We're in building 45 on the canal. We've been here 10 days...this is the first we've seen the otters.

Thanks for sharing those photos. We've seen the river otters a number of times at OKW over the years, but not for the past 2 years. I'm pleased to see they are still around!

They are a delight to watch - both in the water and on land. We've seen them from Buildings 14, 16, 27, 56 and 45 over the years, as well as finding them swimming in Trumbo Canal while wlking to DD. :)

Oh, that's so exciting! I would love to see that on our vacation. My dd who is 8 absolutely adores animals. She would be on :cloud9:. Just seeing those pictures made me smile. I can't wait to show her when she gets home from school.

Thanks for posting them.:thumbsup2 Enjoy the rest of your vacation.:goodvibes

Great pictures! There's a LOT of wildlife around WDW, primarily because there is so much undisturbed habitat.

I'd be amazed if there weren't Florida Panthers up there. Not many, certainly, but I'll bet there are a few.

Hey JimMIA...when my DH and I went on the Disney horseback ride out of Fort Wilderness two years ago, the trail wrangler told us more than once a panther had leaped out across the trail and scared the tar out of the horses/riders. As a horse owner, having a panther whiz out in front of your horse is second in horror only to having it actually jump ON your horse. So unless this was just trail wrangler folklore, you're probably right in your guess about the panthers around WDW!

A few years ago DW, another couple and I experienced a family of 3 bobcats on the Eagle Pines golf course. We had just hit off of the 11th tee and as we were approaching the balls, all 3 of them wandered out from behind a small mound. I took a picture at the time but it didn't turn out very well because of the color of the animals. Not like the pic of the 14' gator we experienced on a golf course at HHI. That pic was really great

When I clicked on the link I honestly wasn't expecting to see a lot, maybe a brown spot or two, but wow! Those were GREAT photos!

I am SO asking for bldg 45 next time we're at okw...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter