Our 1 night BWV stay

ErinC

DIS Veteran
We stayed Sat. night after our cruise at BWV. Our home is VWL and we have stayed at SSR and BCV so we wanted to add BWV to our list. We loved BWV! In all fairness we had a standard view studio, a view of the entrance to BWV, it was fine, I didn't want to spend the extra points for one night. We were just steps away from the elevator, so this helped. No long walks for us this time. We don't spend that much time on our balcony anyway. Dh did comment that the only good thing he could think of about our view, was that when you called the valet to bring up your car, you would be able to watch and see when your car had made it to the front of your hotel! ;) We checked in around 10:30, I asked if anything was ready and the CM told me that she was sorry, but nothing was ready yet. I told her no big deal( I wasn't really expecting anything to be ready), and we headed of to Blizzard Beach. We had promised the girls that we would do some slides. So we changed clothes, loaded up the sunscreen and then it began to storm! :rolleyes: So we ate some lunch and rode the family raft ride a couple of times, and sat through another storm for about 30 minutes. After that the sun came out and we stayed for a couple more hours and rode several other slides. We headed back to Boardwalk about 3:30. I called and got the room number on our way back and the room was ready. Our little one feel asleep, so I put her in the bed and left Dh to take a nap, and DD9 , DD6, and I headed to the Keister Coaster. We had to try it out before we dried off from Blizzard Beach. We all loved the slide. Both my DD's rated it the best of the DVC resorts so far! I was kinda sorry that DD2 was asleep because of all the Dumbo stuff at the pool.(She is a Dumbo freak) She looked for Dumbo all week long on the cruise! Anyway, we finally showered and dried off, and went to ESPN to view the rest of the Alabama and Florida game (ROLL TIDE!!). It was a fun place to eat, and we really enjoyed the chicken wings.
I really wanted to stay and watch the EPCOT fireworks, but the rest of the family wanted to go to DD, so we took the bus to DD. I figured driving our own car would be quicker, but i didn't want to have to drive around all night looking for a parking space. We got lucky and the bus was at the bus stop when we arrived. We only had to wait a few minutes on the return trip, so it ended up being a good decision. Overall, DH and I both loved the feel of the resort and can't wait to have a longer stay there in the future. The only negative thing that I can think of was in our room. The bedskirt was way too long for the bed, the hem was falling out and it was in rough shape. It really needed to be replaced. Also the bedspreads to me are so cheap looking. They look like something you would purchase from Dollar General(please don't flame me!). I think DVC could put a little more effort in this area. Just our opinion though. Everything else in our room was clean and in good working order.

Great report for just one day. Can't wait to see a week long report from you.

The bedskirt was way too long for the bed, the hem was falling out and it was in rough shape. It really needed to be replaced.
We noticed the same thing once. In fact, I tripped on it when I got up during the night to go to the bathroom. I reported it and it was changed the next day. Even the new one seemed too long, so I can see why they get so beat up.

SoCalKDG said:
Great report for just one day. Can't wait to see a week long report from you.
Sorry, we had to cram a lot in there! It will be six whole months before we get back! ;) I just don't know if I'll make it!

jekjones1558 said:
We noticed the same thing once. In fact, I tripped on it when I got up during the night to go to the bathroom. I reported it and it was changed the next day. Even the new one seemed too long, so I can see why they get so beat up.

That was exactly my thought too. I'm sure they get sucked up in the vacuum cleaner and stepped on all the time. The skirts are probably three inches longer than they should be. Other than this we loved it. I didn't say anything when we left (used express checkout) , but if I get a survey, I'm going to be sure and mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter