Our Fantastical Photo-Filled 5 Day....Day 4 Magic Kingdom...UPDATED

Kimbere

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We just arrived back from our very first family trip to WDW. I took over 1500 pictures on the trip (yes, I'm a scrapbooker) and am excited to start my very first trip report...complete with some of those pics!! Here is our cast of characters for this fabulous trip:

Me (Kim) :tinker: - full-time Mom and trip planner extrodinare. Everyone was calling me "Julie McCoy" for this trip and was indeed on the top of the planning game! I used Tour Guide Mike and HIGHLY recommend this service.

Brad (Hubby) :donald: - paying for trip! :lmao: He was in charge of the camper, and driving it down to Disney from Michigan.

Alison (8.5 daughter) princess: - first time to Disney and was very excited!! Big High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Princess fan!

Matthew (6 son) :stitch: - HUGE Toy Story, Monsters Inc and everything else by Pixar.

We traveled with family friends from Chicago (they pulled their camper down as well): Bob, Diane, Caroline (8), Jennifer (6) and Jacob (5).

We left Michigan on Thursday the 20th about 10:00 in the morning. We stopped for our first night in Jellico, TN and the next night in northern Florida...about 2.5 hours from Fort Wilderness. We arrived at the Fort on Saturday about 10:30 in the morning...FINALLY!!
IMG_3017.jpg

We were able to get to our new home, site 1628, around 11:40 and get set up.
IMG_3028.jpg

We hit the Meadow swimming pool for a swim and some relaxation. We had 6:00 ressies for Mickey's Backyard BBQ and everyone was looking foward to it!! There was a light rain falling when we hopped on the bus to head to the BBQ. All of the kids were dressing in matching Mickey & Minnie outfits...dresses for the girls and shirts for the boys! So cute!
IMG_3044.jpg

We arrived at 5:45, and found great seats at the table right next to the dance floor. The food was plentiful and really yummy (mac & cheese, bbq chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, cowboy beans, cornbread, ribs and salad)....especially the ribs and ice cream! :thumbsup2 This was an all you can eat buffet and included all the different ice creams they sell at the parks.
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Kimbere/IMG_7679.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_3052.jpg

The characters came out around 6:30 for the first time! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale were dressed in their western wear and danced with the all the kids!! Great photo op and interaction. As soon as Mickey came up the aisle, Matthew, ran up to him and gave him a hug. I got choked up of course, as this was his first time meeting the mouse...and it was so touching ;)
IMG_3064-1.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg
The band that played was lots of fun and the kids all got to square dance and hang out with the characters. The first time they came out it was a bit chaotic and I felt bad for the characters....yikes!! After a break, they all came back out a second time and Mickey & Minnie both went around to each table for autograph and picture ops.
IMG_3080.jpg
IMG_3090.jpg

The night ended with cast doing a cute little themed dance number. All in all, it was a really fun night and I would recommend this dinner to anyone.
IMG_3083.jpg

We headed back to the camper, in the rain, and went to bed for our first long day in the parks. Tomorrow we head to Hollywood Studios....

Looks like you had a great time. You'll be scrapbooking Disney pics. for years.:rotfl:

Yey!!!!! I love it love it! The pictures are great! I can't wait to see the next installment!

Very nice. I have never done the BBQ, and appreciate seeing all the photos. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the rest!!!!!:thumbsup2 [/SIZE]

Great pic of the BBQ.. we are going this year but did not know what to expect to see!! Now we do!! Thanks!!

Love the posts! Looks like ya'll had a great time. Thanks for sharing your first day, it's like being there ourselves. This makes us more excited about our upcoming trip. :banana: :banana:

Looks like you had a great time. You'll be scrapbooking Disney pics. for years.:rotfl:

I'm thinking at least a year...or until our next trip. It's sickness for sure! :lmao:

Kim...your hubby resembles my BroInLaw.....

deannaswedding198.jpg

That's funny, Rog! He needs the goatee! :rotfl:

Yey!!!!! I love it love it! The pictures are great! I can't wait to see the next installment!

Thanks Ami, I'll be writing more either tonight or tomorrow. Writing it brings me back there...well almost!

Very nice. I have never done the BBQ, and appreciate seeing all the photos. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the rest!!!!!:thumbsup2 [/SIZE]

Thanks, I loved the BBQ!

Great pic of the BBQ.. we are going this year but did not know what to expect to see!! Now we do!! Thanks!!

I'm glad you have an idea about what's to come for you. Have a great time!!:lovestruc

Looks like you're all having such a great time - can't wait to read/see more!

p.s. was "Cyclone Sally" at the BBQ? When we went, she dragged my DH up on the dance floor and started doing some funky two (or in my DH's case 3) step with him. It was so funny.

Looks like you're all having such a great time - can't wait to read/see more!

p.s. was "Cyclone Sally" at the BBQ? When we went, she dragged my DH up on the dance floor and started doing some funky two (or in my DH's case 3) step with him. It was so funny.

Yes, Cyclone Sally and Tumbleweed Tim were there. Lots of fun...the kids loved them!

I'm in for this TR! popcorn:: I love your pictures, and especially love the matching outfits! I've made t-shirts for our whole blended crew going in May (7 of us), and I can't wait to make everyone wear them. :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Leslie

Our second day started at 7:00, and we were in the truck driving to HS by 8:00, to be in the lines at the gate by 8:30. We arrived in plenty of time and we were all so excited for the rope drop and the start of our day!
IMG_3094.jpg

We the park opened we headed directly to Sunset Blvd to get FP for Tower of Terror and then to ride Rock n Roller Coaster. My daughter was a nervous wreck and absolutely didn't want to ride the RNR, but we talked her into it. Unfortunately, she wasn't prepared for it to go upside down and nearly lost her mind! :lmao: The ride was AWESOME and the first thing Matthew said, (he was sitting right behind me) was "that was wicked awesome". Alison, was crying and kept telling us how much she "didn't like that". Perhaps, not the best choice for a first ride for my fraidy-cat little girl. We did take some pics outside with the guitar while waiting for everyone else to finish riding. Note how pissed she looks? :)
IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

Needless to say, neither of my kids would even entertain the notion of riding Tower of Terror...the name doesn't inspire a warm & fuzzy feeling. I rode it twice and loved it!
IMG_3115-1.jpg

IMG_3121-1.jpg

Loved how the doors open up and you can see outside. Great effect! After riding for the 2nd time, Brad and I go to meet up with the rest of the group, who had gone on ahead to wait for The Little Mermaid show. We found a Photopass person who snapped our pic for us!

IMG_3123-2-1.jpg

We found the group near big hat, and there were characters all over the place.
IMG_3127-1.jpg
IMG_3128-1.jpg

By the time we met up with everyone, kids had already gotten their pic taken with Stitch and were talking about it a mile a minute!!

STE_7738.jpg

In the area around the hat there were lots of great topiary statues, just another great touch that the Disney parks have. I was snapped pictures like a lunatic! :lmao:

IMG_7732-1.jpg
IMG_7733-1.jpg
IMG_3125.jpg

The Little Mermaid show was really good. But, it was so dark in there that none of my pics came out very well. After that show it was 11:45 and time for lunch. We ended up eating at the ABC Commissary. Brad and I had the burgers with fries and it was the usual chicken finger fare for my kids. I swear they could exist on those things. After lunch we headed to Star Tours....which will be in the next installment! Stay tuned....

Love the "Goofy" pic. That is the real Goofy right there,,I'm pretty sure.

Great pics and trip report! Makes me want to go NOW! June is soooo far away. :sad1:

Love the "Goofy" pic. That is the real Goofy right there,,I'm pretty sure.

Yep, he was the original. :goofy: I think lots of us live with "Goofy". ;) I was trying to get shots of the characters without any strange kids in them. :lmao: So hard to do, but I'm glad I got some decent ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter