Our happily ever after Disneymoon TRIP REPORT - Sept/Oct 2015 (Night Before)

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
We had broken up from work, we needed to finish packing and we were still in bed! Yes, it was Friday morning and the morning we were heading up to Manchester ready for our flight on the Saturday (the next day). I knew that I would struggle to sleep that night so I decided to be lazy and sleep in, yay!

Once we did eventually rise, we had a lovely filling breakfast and finished the packing. I HATE packing with a passion but I thought I would let this one slide due to the amazing place we were going to be heading to! Once everything was packed and I had double...sorry...triple checked we had everything, we were off, whooooop! :yay:

We stopped to get petrol, check the tyres and for Karl to fill the water tank...

and then we were off...

Karl is from Oldham in Manchester so we were staying with his parents for the evening as they only live 20 minutes from the airport. We set off in good time (around 2pm) so we were expecting to get there around 5/6pm where we were going to see some of our friends.

We got on to the motorway and the traffic was horrific! It was at a complete standstill! Great, just what we needed. We found out it was because the Rugby World Cup was being played and it had caused the traffic to back up. We sat, and sat, and sat in the car wondering how we were going to get lunch as the place we wanted to go wouldn't have been possible to get to due to the traffic. :mad:

Eventually, we managed to come off of the motorway and found a TGI Fridays. We were now well behind schedule due to the traffic but we were both so hungry we couldn't wait any longer. We sat at our table and we waited AGES before anyone came to take our order...then we waited for ages for our food to come out and when it did...it was BURNT!!! :furious: I was not a happy bunny! It seemed like everything was out to annoy us. I complained to our Server about how long we had waited and then how burnt the food was and they bought me out a brand new plate full of food...there was a lot of food so we decided to get a doggy bag and take it in the car with us to share for the rest of the journey.

Now, I would love to be able to say the rest of the journey was straightforward however you've probably gathered, now I've said that...it wasn't. We hit even more traffic! It was stop start all the way pretty much so I decided to carry on eating my meal from TGI's (I have to tell you I ate too much of it and felt a little sick, whoops). We had to also text our friends to tell them that we wouldn't be able to meet them as it was going to be too late :worried:.

We eventually arrived at the in-law's at 8:30PM!!!!! What a nightmare of a journey! It took is 6 HOURS to get there! What a start to the trip! My Mother in Law was ready and waiting for us with a glass of wine in her hand for me (she knows me so well!). I had a few glasses of wine and tried to stay up as late as possible as I just knew I would be awake stupidly early with excitement but I had to give in at 11:30pm. It had been such a long day and besides...tomorrow, we were off home...

Up next: Travel Day.

Last edited:
What a pain!

At least you made plans to travel the night before. Imagine that traffic on the morning of a flight!!

What a pain!

At least you made plans to travel the night before. Imagine that traffic on the morning of a flight!!

I know! I wouldn't have coped if we had left it until the morning of the flight to have traveled up there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter