Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love your color scheme-the cake, flowers and lanterns! I would never have thought to use such bold colors but it is Fabulous. Will the Mad Hatter be in attendance?

Well that and we're putting all the women in our wedding party in lime or emerald green dresses, they'll look great with their bright bouquets.

I love the Mad Hatter in the movie and the book, but the one at Disneyland not so much. We were thinking of having Mickey and Minnie stop in for cake cutting, maybe Alice, but I think face characters are more expensive. My friend who used to work at Disney told me those face characters make pretty good money, its gotta be painful to smile like that all the time,

I know quite a few brides that have gone or are going to do the mad hatter/wonderland theme. It can get pretty pricey to have all those laterns put up! But it would look really great over the dance floor.

I know quite a few brides that have gone or are going to do the mad hatter/wonderland theme. It can get pretty pricey to have all those laterns put up! But it would look really great over the dance floor.

Well it's just an idea right now. Val have you heard what their policy is on decorations? Do they have to put up all those things like the ceiling draping or can an outside person come in and do it?

On a separate note I know I was talking about photographers on another thread and I think I have fallen in love with this womans work.

http://skyebluphotography.com/sbmain/

Very nice photography! Must admit, the dress on the first bride is not something I can say I like. Borderline tacky. No matter! The photographer's work is the point.

I love the perspective of so many of the shots. They are artistic, yet capture the moment for eternity also. More than a simple recording of events.

You'll have a beautiful photo "album" for your memories.

Very nice photography! Must admit, the dress on the first bride is not something I can say I like. Borderline tacky. No matter! The photographer's work is the point.

I love the perspective of so many of the shots. They are artistic, yet capture the moment for eternity also. More than a simple recording of events.

You'll have a beautiful photo "album" for your memories.

Thanks :) I really hope she is available and also that I like her and vice versa.

I had not noticed the dress until you pointed it out, but since you mentioned it it does look like the curtains in my room. I don't think they're tacky curtains, but if I were to make them into a dress they could be.

Yes! Curtains (regardless of what Scarlett though) do NOT make dresses, wedding or otherwise. :teeth:

Her work is wonderful though, tacky brides aside. LOL!

Yes! Curtains (regardless of what Scarlett though) do NOT make dresses, wedding or otherwise. :teeth:

Her work is wonderful though, tacky brides aside. LOL!

Scarlett was FIERCE in that green velvet dress, though! ::yes::

A velvet dress in Georgia? She wasn't fierce, she was melting! LOL! Don't forget the rooster tail feather that decorated her bonnet too.

Ah, my kinda' woman that Scarlett!

Jaysus! Here we go. Derailing another thread! STOP IT!!!

OK, quick! Back to wedding planning!

A velvet dress in Georgia? She wasn't fierce, she was melting! LOL! Don't forget the rooster tail feather that decorated her bonnet too.

Ah, my kinda' woman that Scarlett!

Jaysus! Here we go. Derailing another thread! STOP IT!!!

OK, quick! Back to wedding planning!

Oh, please! Mike was betting that this thread would be hijacked by 3pm on the 12th! I think we've done pretty darned well keeping on topic here! :lmao:

Well it's just an idea right now. Val have you heard what their policy is on decorations? Do they have to put up all those things like the ceiling draping or can an outside person come in and do it?

On a separate note I know I was talking about photographers on another thread and I think I have fallen in love with this womans work.

http://skyebluphotography.com/sbmain/

Great photography! I love the style. As far as decorations: they don't promise to touch anything you haven't bought from them. SO- many Disneyland Brides hire a day of coordinator to take care of all that stuff. I have heard conflicting info: some Brides had family running around getting stuff done at the last minute and others were lucky and Disney did it all. You could very easily hire someone to come in and do it.

Great photography! I love the style. As far as decorations: they don't promise to touch anything you haven't bought from them. SO- many Disneyland Brides hire a day of coordinator to take care of all that stuff. I have heard conflicting info: some Brides had family running around getting stuff done at the last minute and others were lucky and Disney did it all. You could very easily hire someone to come in and do it.

Cool, these are all details I am still eager to work out, but I haven't gotten our contract yet. Its only been a week, but I want it now!

By the way guys feel free to hijack away, I have 11 months until the wedding and need to keep myself amused until then.

Cool, these are all details I am still eager to work out, but I haven't gotten our contract yet. Its only been a week, but I want it now!

Just wait. If you think waiting for the contract is bad, waiting for the BEO is worse! :lmao:

Well, we are going to march ourselves down to the auditorium in West Hollywood tomorrow and get legally married.

Even though we have been planning our wedding for the day after our anniversary next year there is no way we would run the risk of a ballot initiative changing the state constitution passing in November. I was going to wait until October but the Fiance is really excited about doing it on the day it becomes legal to do so, and it will be a historic day!

I'm kind of torn about the whole thing. I am excited to be married, but I'm not thrilled about having to push up my timeline because it may not be legal to marry when I want to get married. It feels unfair, but at least once we are married it can't be taken away from us.

So don't throw any rice yet! I am considering tomorrow to be our civil union and our wedding next year to be our spiritual union, and that's the one that really matters to me.

Well, we are going to march ourselves down to the auditorium in West Hollywood tomorrow and get legally married.

Even though we have been planning our wedding for the day after our anniversary next year there is no way we would run the risk of a ballot initiative changing the state constitution passing in November. I was going to wait until October but the Fiance is really excited about doing it on the day it becomes legal to do so, and it will be a historic day!

I'm kind of torn about the whole thing. I am excited to be married, but I'm not thrilled about having to push up my timeline because it may not be legal to marry when I want to get married. It feels unfair, but at least once we are married it can't be taken away from us.

So don't throw any rice yet! I am considering tomorrow to be our civil union and our wedding next year to be our spiritual union, and that's the one that really matters to me.

Go for it! A LOT of couples who do Disney weddings get the legal part out of the way first. It'll let you focus on the fun stuff in May.

p.s. I'm Jealous!

Go for it! A LOT of couples who do Disney weddings get the legal part out of the way first. It'll let you focus on the fun stuff in May.

p.s. I'm Jealous!

You should be jealous ::yes:: but we should all be upset :furious:

You and Scott have a good and real thing going and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to be married as well. But change is coming!

You should be jealous ::yes:: but we should all be upset :furious:

You and Scott have a good and real thing going and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to be married as well. But change is coming!

Yep. But we decided not to wait for the change before we protect ourselves legally (seeing the lawyer on Thursday) or before throwing the party (a.k.a. "Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding")

In our own way, we're doing our part by putting names and faces on the struggle for gay marraige equality. Maybe our friends and family are already supporters, but a lot of other people have or will come in contact with us because of this, and perhaps just by being ourselves, we can make it a less scary thing for someone else.

How are we fighting against the gay marraige ban amendment in Florida? We getting married! :woohoo:

We feel the same. I would rather do it on my own timeline, but I'll have to accept the opportunity as is.

BTW, I LOVE the Mad Hatter Tea Party theme. My dream wedding would be to get married while riding the tea cups during fireworks.

Congratulations King Louie! {{{hugs}}} It is wonderful that you are able to marry the man of your dreams. :love: Your wedding reception will be all the more sweeter for the marrying, eh? :hyper:

So we can keep a secret! Any pics?

Congrats! (throwing rice):cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter