Our (My) was May now September 2014 trip plans

becpee

I see sock puppets
So, 472 days until we cruise :rotfl2:

The depression of our 4 turned 5 week trip ending in October 2012 has subsided a little with the planning of a new adventure in May 2014

That will make it 18 months between trips, the pull wasn't so great after our 2009 trip, I'm guessing because we had so much to do with building a new home and everything that goes along with it.

Coming home after our last trip really hurt :(

The Fantasy has ruined us forever, after experiencing our first ever cruise we just can't wait to do it again!

So with the tugging at our heart strings, the Fantasy will be hosting us in May 2014 in the Eastern Caribbean.

In my head I always have a Disney plan of some description :stir:

Waking up New Years morning and knowing there would be no Mickey this year was tough, but I had sent off a quote for a cruise in 2014 earlier in the week and funnily enough it was there waiting for me that morning, it was a sign!
Still half cut from the previous evening, deposit was paid that morning and DH was told when he surfaced at midday.
A couple of weeks before he had asked me if I'd booked a cruise yet, I pretty much took that as my "permission" ;)

So, with 15.5 months to go, plans to be made, money to be saved, and time to be wished away :rolleyes1

3 nights Orlando, maybe visiting Universal
7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise
10 night WDW (Beach club or Yacht club, fingers crossed)
back to LA
4 nights Anaheim (Grand Cali, crossing fingers again)
5 Nights Vegas or Palm Springs

I would also love to add in somewhere we haven't been to yet, it I'm not sure where :confused:

This is all subject to change :laughing:

It sounds wonderful.
Although, I hope these plans for a new holiday won't stop you from writing the TR for the last one. I'm patiently waiting to find out more about the Fantasy. :-)

So you decided to start your PTR after all :woohoo:

Your plans sound fantastic :thumbsup2 Very jealous of your potential Disney accommodation!

I'm all for adding in somewhere you haven't been before - may as well experience a bit more of the world while you're out :rotfl:

Which Fantasy sailing are you booked on? We are looking at the 10 May 2014 departure.

Very similar itinerary:
2 nights WDW POR
Fantasy East Caribbean 7 nights
12 nights WDW - probably at a DTD hotel
3 nights Vegas on the way home

I have been pining to go back since my daughter & I got home in May 2012.
This time I'll have to go with my husband & it's taking a bit of time to convince him that he'll love it:rolleyes1

It sounds wonderful.
Although, I hope these plans for a new holiday won't stop you from writing the TR for the last one. I'm patiently waiting to find out more about the Fantasy. :-)
Definately not! I love remembering The Fantasy, such an amazing way to travel!

So you decided to start your PTR after all :woohoo:

Your plans sound fantastic :thumbsup2 Very jealous of your potential Disney accommodation!

I'm all for adding in somewhere you haven't been before - may as well experience a bit more of the world while you're out :rotfl:
The only reason i'm (me only LOL) looking at this accom is because i've priced up the same dates for this year and fingers crossed they have the same specials on for the same time next year, otherwise it'll likely be a Mod resort for us again ;)

Which Fantasy sailing are you booked on? We are looking at the 10 May 2014 departure.

Very similar itinerary:
2 nights WDW POR
Fantasy East Caribbean 7 nights
12 nights WDW - probably at a DTD hotel
3 nights Vegas on the way home

I have been pining to go back since my daughter & I got home in May 2012.
This time I'll have to go with my husband & it's taking a bit of time to convince him that he'll love it:rolleyes1
We're booked in on the one the week before, the 3/5 Eastern.
We've not done Universal Orlando, so that'll be something new for us also.
I'd love to do a stopover in Hawaii on the way back but I priced up flights (again for the same dates this year) and it'd jack the price up by so mych extra per passenger

I may just have to do with a Honolulu shopping trip late 2014 :lmao:

If we stick to the budget (2 weeks in so far, so good) we should have more than enough play money (which DH wants to put to use for a motorbike).
If he gets a motorbike it gives me so much leverage for my future exploits :rotfl2:

We did Universal Orlando last time. We loved, loved, loved Wizarding World of Harry Potter! The Forbidden Journey ride is incredible. We were at the park at opening & ran straight for the ride - we had no wait time at all. Went back later in the afternoon to do it again but wait was over an hour so flagged it.

I wouldn't wast my time going back on Doctor Doom's Fearfall - huge disappointment - wasn't worth the 50 min wait.

Word of warning - you get way wetter on the IOA water rides than you do at Disney:laundy:

becpee said:
So, 472 days until we cruise :rotfl2:

The depression of our 4 turned 5 week trip ending in October 2012 has subsided a little with the planning of a new adventure in May 2014

That will make it 18 months between trips, the pull wasn't so great after our 2009 trip, I'm guessing because we had so much to do with building a new home and everything that goes along with it.

Coming home after our last trip really hurt :(

The Fantasy has ruined us forever, after experiencing our first ever cruise we just can't wait to do it again!

So with the tugging at our heart strings, the Fantasy will be hosting us in May 2014 in the Eastern Caribbean.

In my head I always have a Disney plan of some description :stir:

Waking up New Years morning and knowing there would be no Mickey this year was tough, but I had sent off a quote for a cruise in 2014 earlier in the week and funnily enough it was there waiting for me that morning, it was a sign!
Still half cut from the previous evening, deposit was paid that morning and DH was told when he surfaced at midday.
A couple of weeks before he had asked me if I'd booked a cruise yet, I pretty much took that as my "permission" ;)

So, with 15.5 months to go, plans to be made, money to be saved, and time to be wished away :rolleyes1

3 nights Orlando, maybe visiting Universal
7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise
10 night WDW (Beach club or Yacht club, fingers crossed)
back to LA
4 nights Anaheim (Grand Cali, crossing fingers again)
5 Nights Vegas or Palm Springs

I would also love to add in somewhere we haven't been to yet, it I'm not sure where :confused:

This is all subject to change :laughing:

Yay, another early planner! :)

Somewhere you haven't been yet, hey? Try Montana! It's absolutely gorgeous. You won't regret it :)

So glad you have this up and running and I will be checking in regularly!!!

We too have a big trip planned for 2014, but we are a tad to far out I feel to start up the PTR just yet as we won't be leaving until December 2014. Plus, I am only 3 days into writing the Halloween trip!!! We actually will be doing a quick cruise, but not with Disney I am afraid as I need to keep within the set budget!!!:sad2:

I will keep a very keen eye out for a TR from your previous cruise which I am sure will have lots of pictures for me to drool over!!!::yes::

We have never been to WDW ever so are very excited to finallly get there.And as you say it's always good to get to visit somewhere you have never been before. Hopefully you will have some tips to share after your trip:thumbsup2

Here's to happy planning:banana:

Minnie Sue Oz said:
So glad you have this up and running and I will be checking in regularly!!!

We too have a big trip planned for 2014, but we are a tad to far out I feel to start up the PTR just yet as we won't be leaving until December 2014. Plus, I am only 3 days into writing the Halloween trip!!! We actually will be doing a quick cruise, but not with Disney I am afraid as I need to keep within the set budget!!!:sad2:

I will keep a very keen eye out for a TR from your previous cruise which I am sure will have lots of pictures for me to drool over!!!::yes::

We have never been to WDW ever so are very excited to finallly get there.And as you say it's always good to get to visit somewhere you have never been before. Hopefully you will have some tips to share after your trip:thumbsup2

Here's to happy planning:banana:

We haven't done WDW either so I'm excited. We've done DLR so if time is tight or it's really packed we will focus on the things that aren't at DLR.

So, back to planning :upsidedow

I have a dilemma:goodvibes
I'm tossing up in my mind if we should do concierge for the cruise or stay at a deluxe at WDW, doing both would cost a bit too much, but a splurge is definitely allowed.

I am reading great things about cruising concierge and that it's totally worth it, and that the service you receive is fabulous, and that it beats staying at a deluxe resort.

Maybe i'll just try and upgrade at the port :scratchin

becpee said:
So, back to planning :upsidedow

I have a dilemma:goodvibes
I'm tossing up in my mind if we should do concierge for the cruise or stay at a deluxe at WDW, doing both would cost a bit too much, but a splurge is definitely allowed.

I am reading great things about cruising concierge and that it's totally worth it, and that the service you receive is fabulous, and that it beats staying at a deluxe resort.

Maybe i'll just try and upgrade at the port :scratchin

I don't have experience with either, but given the choice I would opt for deluxe at WDW. What resort are you thinking of?

I think concierge on a cruise is one of those things you either see value in or you don't. Because I know I'm going to have an amazing time on the cruise regardless, I'm in the 'don't' crowd. So while my opinion probably isn't that valuable, here's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I don't see value in the dedicated concierge area because the ship is so full of many other wonderful areas to hang out.
As far as free food and drinks in the concierge lounge goes, I think you're paying for them twice over anyway in the cost of the room. And I'm yet to do a cruise where I came off wishing that I had more access to food.
I don't see the value in the extra attentive service as the pessimist in me just sees it as more people to tip.
Lastly, while I do understand how having early booking privileges might be cool, I haven't read too many posts from people who weren't able to get most of the bookings they wanted by booking at the opening day mark. Except perhaps for Palo and Castaway Cay Cabanas which do seem to book out early to customers with early booking privileges. Not that I can see the value in the Cabanas either.

With regards to the deluxe resorts, I do think that being so close to the parks is an added perk. I'm also really excited about the theming and resort activities that many of the deluxes offer. I'm almost as excited about the evening activities offered at AKL as I am about the theme park attractions.

I don't have experience with either, but given the choice I would opt for deluxe at WDW. What resort are you thinking of?

I think concierge on a cruise is one of those things you either see value in or you don't. Because I know I'm going to have an amazing time on the cruise regardless, I'm in the 'don't' crowd. So while my opinion probably isn't that valuable, here's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I don't see value in the dedicated concierge area because the ship is so full of many other wonderful areas to hang out.
As far as free food and drinks in the concierge lounge goes, I think you're paying for them twice over anyway in the cost of the room. And I'm yet to do a cruise where I came off wishing that I had more access to food.
I don't see the value in the extra attentive service as the pessimist in me just sees it as more people to tip.
Lastly, while I do understand how having early booking privileges might be cool, I haven't read too many posts from people who weren't able to get most of the bookings they wanted by booking at the opening day mark. Except perhaps for Palo and Castaway Cay Cabanas which do seem to book out early to customers with early booking privileges. Not that I can see the value in the Cabanas either.

With regards to the deluxe resorts, I do think that being so close to the parks is an added perk. I'm also really excited about the theming and resort activities that many of the deluxes offer. I'm almost as excited about the evening activities offered at AKL as I am about the theme park attractions.

Funnily enough you've brought up all the points that i've been pondering.

Our last cruise was fabulous, absolutely amazing, and wondering if concierge would top that :scratchin

I don't even remember what we did on the last cruise, it seems we sat by the pool...alot :rotfl2: and highly likely we'll do that next time as well.
We also didn't go hungry at all :lmao:

I'm looking at Yacht club/Beach club or Boardwalk, all amazing looking resorts and walking distance to Epcot which I loved.

Palo, i'm dying to get there again, amazing food and experience :love:

I say go for the Yacht Club, Beach Club or BoardWalk.
I have the BWV booked for the first half of my split stay and can't wait to be able to just stroll into Epcot for dinners.

Will you be there for the Flower and Garden festival? All the more reason to be close to Epcot.

I say go for the Yacht Club, Beach Club or BoardWalk.
I have the BWV booked for the first half of my split stay and can't wait to be able to just stroll into Epcot for dinners.

Will you be there for the Flower and Garden festival? All the more reason to be close to Epcot.

They're lovely looking hotels, the three I'm tossing up, and yes, we'll be there for the flower and garden festival, I'm really looking forward to it :)
DS and I will be able to walk to either of those parks if DH wants to play golf, he won't need to drop us off (I'm not really a fan of the buses).

Epcot has great food choices! And I love food :) :rotfl:

Discussing our trip with DH last night and i've been thinking maybe we could cut it shorter and get back to DW faster?
Then DH says "Maybe we could go to Hawaii on the way home?"

I don't even need to encourage him, he comes up with these things on his own...

Discussing our trip with DH last night and i've been thinking maybe we could cut it shorter and get back to DW faster?
Then DH says "Maybe we could go to Hawaii on the way home?"

I don't even need to encourage him, he comes up with these things on his own...

He's a keeper! :thumbsup2

I'm back!

The school year has started, and will likely be restarting for DS.
The budget now has to be rejigged (which I've worked on) and all will be well as long as DS's new school has no issue with removing students from school for family travel (otherwise the dates may need to be rejigged)

But we're back on track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter