• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

our reservations! we'd LOVE opinions!

courtneylauren

DCP Fall Adv. 2014 Alumni - Epcot Vacation Planner
So, just wanted to share what our dining reservations are looking like for our July BLT trip.

All reservations are dinners unless indicated.

11th: Kona Cafe
12th: ?
13th: Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Ohana's - dinner
14th: Le Cellier
15th: Chefs de France
16th: Teppan Edo
17th: Big River Grill (they don't take reservations, but we are going there that night)
18th: Whispering Canyon Cafe
19th: Yak and Yeti
20th: 1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Le Cellier - dinner
21st: Nine Dragons
22nd: The Wave
23rd: check out

We're not sure if we will keep the character breakfasts. We aren't big breakfast people, but we are big character meal people - however, we have done all of the character dinners.
We're looking for something to fill the 12th with.
We probably won't be keeping both Le Celliers, but may decide to.
We're not sure if we will keep the Nine Dragons, or change it.

Comments? Critiques? I'd love to hear your opinion!

Thanks!
Courtney

what's your park plans for the 12th? And do you have a car for the trip, or relying on Disney transportation?

If you're hanging at your resort that day, take the monorail over to Grand Floridian and eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe...or Magic Kingdom The Plaza for good sandwiches if you're looking for a lighter table service dinner.

About your choices...the ones we've been too:
Like Kona for breakfast & dinner, liked Chef Mickey’s breakfast (great characters), love Le Cellier, really like Les Chefs, really like Yak & Yeti, loved 1900 Park Fare for dinner, and loved The Wave.

our plans are Water Park - and eating at a hotel that night. (no theme park for the day), and we are using Disney transportation.
We were actually thinking about GFC. We'll check it out.

thanks! looks delicious! I'm a steak and chocolate cake person! I think you've convinced me

I think your decisions look good. I think GFC would make a great choice for the 12th. Good luck! :thumbsup2

IMHO Le Cellier @ Lunch gives you a much needed break from the Florida sun .... and the menu's are virtually the same as dinner.

if you're going to do some shopping WolfGang pucks is pretty decent too

They have a brkfst w/ Lilo and Stitch at the POLY...we loved it!!

Or, they do a LUAU dinner show...but iti s 2 dining plan credits...

I think your decisions look good. I think GFC would make a great choice for the 12th. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

IMHO Le Cellier @ Lunch gives you a much needed break from the Florida sun .... and the menu's are virtually the same as dinner.

if you're going to do some shopping WolfGang pucks is pretty decent too

We're on the dining plan, and already have good LC dinner times, but thanks.
And yes, we're looking at Downtown menus...... we've eaten at all of the ones on the dining plan (Wolfgang, Raglan Road, and Planet Hollywood), but haven't eaten at Cap'n Jack's. We don't love the menu though, so not sure what we'll do.. we may do counter service that night.

They have a brkfst w/ Lilo and Stitch at the POLY...we loved it!!

Or, they do a LUAU dinner show...but iti s 2 dining plan credits...

We did that breakfast last year - loved it!

For the 12th you could try Boma at AKL! It's a great buffet with an African flare to all of the food. They also have zebra cakes for dessert which are amazing! Plus you can always explore the grounds after, it's beautiful there!

Or you could try Biergarten, but that's in Epcot. It's also a buffet, but a German one. It's one of my favorites...I love it can't wait to go!

Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be great! :thumbsup2

For the 12th you could try Boma at AKL! It's a great buffet with an African flare to all of the food. They also have zebra cakes for dessert which are amazing! Plus you can always explore the grounds after, it's beautiful there!

Or you could try Biergarten, but that's in Epcot. It's also a buffet, but a German one. It's one of my favorites...I love it can't wait to go!

Totally agree about Biergarten for your empty day! Delicious and full of fun!! I also would say Ohana is great place to try. Great food, especially if you like meat, lol!

Completely agree with Boma. One of the better buffets out there. Only down side is it is a bit of a ride. The AKL great to walk around after.

OMG the Nine Dragons is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Good.

That was my Second fav on our last visit.

Enjoy your trip!

So, just wanted to share what our dining reservations are looking like for our July BLT trip.

All reservations are dinners unless indicated.

11th: Kona Cafe LOVE it.
12th: ?
13th: Chef Mickey's - breakfast LOVE it.
Ohana's - dinner WORST meal we had in Dec. (Both food and service were terrible.
14th: Le Cellier LOVE it.
15th: Chefs de France We have only had lunch here and were underwhelmed.
16th: Teppan Edo LOVE it.
17th: Big River Grill (they don't take reservations, but we are going there that night) Never been.
18th: Whispering Canyon Cafe We like it...food is good and it is a lot of fun.
19th: Yak and Yeti We had a terrible meal here, but it was when it first opened. The menu has improved and so have the reviews so were are going to give it another try in Aug.:)
20th: 1900 Park Fare - breakfast Never been
Le Cellier - dinner LOVE it.
21st: Nine Dragons I haven't been since they have re-opened. We had one fabulous meal there and one terrible meal there previously.:confused3
22nd: The Wave Never been but would love to try it!
23rd: check out

We're not sure if we will keep the character breakfasts. We aren't big breakfast people, but we are big character meal people - however, we have done all of the character dinners.
We're looking for something to fill the 12th with.
We probably won't be keeping both Le Celliers, but may decide to.
We're not sure if we will keep the Nine Dragons, or change it.

Comments? Critiques? I'd love to hear your opinion!

Thanks!
Courtney

If I had to choose 1 character breakfast I would choose Tusker House in AK.
On the 12th I would try BOMA. :)
HTH!

I recommend Captian's Grill at the yacht and beach
Turf Club at Saratoga Springs

You have some really great ADR's...have been to many of them and enjoyed them all. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter