Our Royal Adventure: Nine Nifty Nights in November (Updated 6/4)

Great day in Epcot. I'm not a fan of MS either. Think Garden Grill might be on my list for next year as well, my list might be too long.

You just need to stay for a really long time to get all your restaurants into your plans!

Sounds like you guys were having a great time at AK & Epcot.

I agree with the character meals, I have been adding in other restaurants to give them different experiences. BOG, SciFi and Boma have been big hits for them.

Great TR, thanks for sharing!

We haven't done SciFi or Boma yet. We were going to do SciFi this time, but swapped it out for the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose. That worked out well, but SciFi is definitely on the list for next time!

Great pictures! I haven't tried Garden Grill yet but it's on the list to try. :) My nephews had a great experience with Chip and Dale in AK this past trip, so I know they'd love it!

Chip and Dale are always so fun!

Everyone screaming in BUGS is hysterical. Makes me chuckle only because I was that way the first time too.
Nice safari pics.
Looks like a good day except for the traffic.
Never tried Garden Grill but I think it will go on the list.
LOL at the hats.

Yes, I imagine most people scream the first time, especially at the end when the bugs leave the building. That always gets me!

On Tuesday, we headed back to DHS. For DD and I, it was our third visit, and it was the second for DS and DH. Our plan was to hit our favorites with Fastpass+ (Toy Story, RNR, and TOT--they had not started using a tiered system at this time), and then see what we could do after that. This was the first day we really noticed an uptick in the crowds, but it still wasn't too bad (other than the Toy Story problem I detail below). Because we had been to the park already and had Fastpasses for our favorites, we decided to do some attractions that we don't usually take the time to do.

It was a little drizzly as we waited for the park to open, but we still had smiles on our faces!

138 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We were hoping to ride Toy Story twice by going there at rope drop and using the Fastpass later. Unfortunately, Toy Story was down ALL MORNING. It didn't open for good until after lunch. At one point during the morning, they opened it, and we went in using our Fastpasses, but by the time we got to the ride, it broke down again. Because we had scanned our magic bands twice, they gave us paper Fastpasses so we could come back later. The standby wait was VERY long later in the day because all those with morning Fastpass times were allowed to come back at any time. It was crazy!

We went to RNR and let the kids use their bands and our bands to ride twice. While we waited, I snapped a picture of this t-shirt. I am a huge Sound of Music fan, so I loved this.

139 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Next up was Tower of Terror...

141 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We walked back over towards Pixar Place and walked through One Man's Dream. The kids had never been in there before, so it was fun going through some of the history with them.

478 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Then, we headed to the Backlot Tour. I remember how good this attraction used to be, so it is disappointing to me now, but the kids still had a good time.

480 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

481 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

485 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

At the end of the tour, my DS found an award he thought he deserved. (It says Best Son.)

489 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We then made our way to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground. DS has gotten a little too big for this, but DD was still having a great time.

490 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

492 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

While DD was playing, we also ran into my best friend from college again. Her kids were playing, too, so we got to visit for a few minutes. We live 30 minutes from each other. Too bad we have to go all the way to WDW for a good chat!

Coming up...Hollywood, Here We Come (Again), Part Two

Great update and pics.

I'm not really that big a fan of TSM. Keep the updates coming.

Thanks to you both for continuing to read! I apologize for not having a new update ready. We are building a house, selling a house, playing baseball and softball, and my kids' last day of school is this Wednesday, so things have been crazy this week!!! Additionally, DH and I are going out of town for a function with his company tomorrow-Thursday, so it will be after that before I can update. I promise to get my last few updates done when we return! I only need to finish Day 8 and write about day 9, which was our last day in the park. Sorry to keep you hanging so close to the end!

I love the guitar shirt. My husband is a guitarist and has a couple of the ones on it!
Goodluck with the end of the school year and moving. Isn't it a crazy time of year?

Thanks to you both for continuing to read! I apologize for not having a new update ready. We are building a house, selling a house, playing baseball and softball, and my kids' last day of school is this Wednesday, so things have been crazy this week!!! Additionally, DH and I are going out of town for a function with his company tomorrow-Thursday, so it will be after that before I can update. I promise to get my last few updates done when we return! I only need to finish Day 8 and write about day 9, which was our last day in the park. Sorry to keep you hanging so close to the end!

Surely your TR becomes before all that!

Good luck with everything :thumbsup2

We're planning a trip in November with our granddaughter. I found and read your great report this afternoon. I couldn't stop reading. :) I love seeing the photos. Thanks for sharing them! It makes me SO excited for our trip. Looking forward to your next two updates!
Elaina

Okay, folks! I am hoping to knock this report out this week. Sorry it has taken so long. It has been a crazy spring!

We left the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground and headed to lunch at 50's Prime Time. On the way, the kids were invited to play a special role in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (at around 1:15). DD really wanted to do this, so we agreed. DS has never really liked being in the spotlight, so he wasn't as enthusiastic.

We continued on to 50's. We had never eaten here before, and we really enjoyed the theme and the meal. As I mentioned in a previous post, we had great non-character table-service meals during this trip, and now that the kids are older, we are looking forward to trying even more in the future.

494 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

495 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We all love fried chicken!

142 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

What a fun dessert menu!

143 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

As with all dining plan meals, we had WAY too much food. But, that didn't stop us from having milkshakes as our drinks AND ordering dessert as well!

498 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After lunch, DS decided that he did not want to participate in the stunt show. DD really did, so we decided to let the boys go use the Toy Story Fastpasses while the girls went to the stunt show. DD got to help get things going at the beginning, and she really enjoyed this. I saw this show YEARS ago, but DD had never seen it. We had a great time.

500 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

503 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

506 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

The boys headed back to the resort after Toy Story, so and DD and I followed soon after. We stopped for a few pics on the way out of the park.

wdw201333024214271_6891870481 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333024214295_6891391763 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Coming Up...Day Eight: Hollywood, Here We Come (Again!), Part Three

After we left HS, we went back to the resort for a little while. I honestly don't remember what we did, but after a little bit, we headed to Downtown Disney for dinner, shopping, and Santa. On our first trip to DTD, we had to take the bus because of wind. We were thankful to ride the boat over on this trip (although we did have to take the bus back to the resort).

507 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

508 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We walked around for a little bit and hit some of the shops.

511 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

150 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

DD bought a charm bracelet and a few charms, but she didn't have enough money for all the charms she wanted. She took this picture to show Santa.

149 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We took the picture directly to Santa. Amazingly, the charms WERE in her stocking on Christmas morning.

wdw201333024259750_6891391650 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333024262367_6891391546 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333024260459_6891391740 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

DS didn't really want to talk to Santa, but he humored me.

wdw201333024260940_6891391750 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Perhaps he told Santa he wanted an iPhone (my expression was similar when hearing this request).

wdw201333024262603_6891391442 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333024264507_6891391775 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After Santa, we headed to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. This is such a great value when you are on the dining plan! We also went to Earl of Sandwich to get some Brownie sandwiches. This is one of my kids' favorite treats at Disney. They consist of two soft brownies with white cream in the middle (you can also get peanut butter filling in the middle). They are SO good!

After stuffing ourselves once again, we headed back to Riverside. We went to bed looking forward to our final day in WDW!

Coming Up...Day Nine: One More Day of Magic!

Hi Lauren! I just got caught up on your trip report. It sounds like you had a fantastic time!

I've always wanted to take one of my kids at a time to Disney, but never had the opportunity. I'm sure your dd will always remember the time the two of you were able to spend together.

Very cool that your daughter was able to take part in the stunt show!

We love Wolfgang Puck, also. I've never tried the brownie sandwich at EOS, but may have to now.

Cute pics with Santa! Definitely Christmas card worthy!

Brownie sandwich sounds awesome at EoS but I don't know if we'll go back there in future as they've taken my fav sandwich off the menu.

How fun for your DD to be in the stunt show.

That's awesome your daughter was able to participate in the stunt show. :) Love the Christmas pictures and pictures with Santa. :)

Hi Lauren! I just got caught up on your trip report. It sounds like you had a fantastic time!

I've always wanted to take one of my kids at a time to Disney, but never had the opportunity. I'm sure your dd will always remember the time the two of you were able to spend together.

Very cool that your daughter was able to take part in the stunt show!

We love Wolfgang Puck, also. I've never tried the brownie sandwich at EOS, but may have to now.

Cute pics with Santa! Definitely Christmas card worthy!

I hope you will have the opportunity for one-on-one time some day! It was very special, and I am now working on a plan to get my son down there for a mother/son trip. I hope I am able to make it happen!

Brownie sandwich sounds awesome at EoS but I don't know if we'll go back there in future as they've taken my fav sandwich off the menu.

How fun for your DD to be in the stunt show.

I heard they have changed their menu! FYI...you can go in an just get a brownie sandwich. They are in individual containers by the registers, and you don't have to wait in the sandwich line to get one!

That's awesome your daughter was able to participate in the stunt show. :) Love the Christmas pictures and pictures with Santa. :)

Thank you!

Hi! I just found your trip report today and have really enjoyed reading it. I was afraid of going anytime near Thanksgiving but your experience makes it sound very possible so thanks for writing this! I can't wait to read the rest. Amy

We woke up on Wednesday ready for our last day in the park. We decided to spend our last day in Magic Kingdom. Keep in mind that this was the day before Thanksgiving, so the crowds had picked up quite a bit. We planned to hit the park until after lunch, return to the resort to rest and pack, and then return to the park after dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. I had reserved 2 of our Fastpass+ for our return to the park in the evening. This was so nice because even though it was crowded, we knew we would be able to ride Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, even with a crowded park.

What a beautiful way to start the day!

518 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We headed for Tomorrowland first and grabbed paper fastpasses for Space. Then we rode Buzz before walking to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Throughout the trip, we had been very lucky with rain. Although there were showers in the forecast on many of the days, they never materialized. This day had no chance of rain, so we left the ponchos at the resort. Guess what happened! On the way from Buzz to Pooh, it started pouring! Thankfully, by the time we left Pooh, the rain was drying up, and we had no more problems the rest of the day.

At this point, DD wanted to ride the teacups. No one else wanted to ride (motion sickness), so DH and DS went to the Speedway while I took one for the team and rode with DD on the teacups.

519 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

523 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

529 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Next up...Astro Orbiters.

530 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

531 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Then, we let the kids use all four fastpasses for Space Mountain.

wdw201333124397676_6891391695 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333124401216_6891391503 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After Space Mountain, we crossed the park for a ride on Big Thunder. Because we were able to do this in the morning, we decided to switch one of our evening Fastpass+ experiences to visiting with Mickey. We have a tradition of seeing him on our last day and thought we could do this on our way into the park after dinner. This turned out to be a good decision because it kept us from going from Big Thunder to Space Mountain around the time of the evening parade, which would have been difficult on Thanksgiving Eve!

536 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

From Big Thunder, we went to Splash Mountain. It was a little cool, so DH was determined to keep his body dry.

wdw201333124412411_6891912284 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We headed back towards Liberty Square because DS wanted to use a snack credit for a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow.

544 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

160 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We made some friends while he was eating.

542 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

540 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After DS finished, we walked past my favorite tree in WDW.

157 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Then, we headed to the new Tangled restrooms. These must be the most well-themed restrooms ever! (I don't usually take pictures of bathrooms.)

548 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After a break, we used our first Fastpass+ for the day at Peter Pan, enjoyed Mickey's Philharmagic, and then ate lunch at Casey's. Eating corn dog nuggets at Casey's is another family tradition, and we needed to check that off our list before going home! Since our visit, they have removed the bleachers. We are so sad about that!

553 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After lunch, it was time for our afternoon break. We headed back to Riverside for some rest and packing!

Coming Up...One More Day of Magic, Part Two

Hi! I just found your trip report today and have really enjoyed reading it. I was afraid of going anytime near Thanksgiving but your experience makes it sound very possible so thanks for writing this! I can't wait to read the rest. Amy

Thanks for reading! Tuesday and Wednesday were the busiest days for us (we left the morning of Thanksgiving), but it was very manageable. If you have to go during a holiday break, this is definitely one to consider!

We went back to Riverside and were excited to find runners on our beds. They had recently gotten rid of the bedspreads in favor of the triple sheeting. I like that the triple sheeting is cleaner, but I didn't think the all-white worked with the Royal Rooms. The runners made a huge difference! I also took the time to walk around and get some pictures of the resort before packing.

558 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

172 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

171 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

169 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

166 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

At this point, DH threw me for a loop. A few years ago, he gave me and the kids annual passes as a gift. Over the course of the year, I made six trips down (1 for the Princess half and 5 with the kids--DH joined us once). He asked if we would like to do this again and offered to upgrade our tickets to AP's. You may think I'm crazy, but we debated about this for the rest of the day, and I eventually decided to pass on his amazing offer. We already had a DCL trip planned for the fall, and this would have to be canceled if we paid to upgrade the tickets. Also, we are building a house, and I didn't want visiting WDW multiple times to actually add to the stress. If we got the passes, we would want to get our money's worth, and since I didn't know how the building and selling process would go, I decided to stick with the cruise, which will be after we move into the new house. It was a tough decision, but we made the right choice.

After resting and packing, we went back to the Magic Kingdom and caught the ferry to Ft. Wilderness for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. The temperature was dropping rapidly, and it was quite chilly. This is evidenced by the fact that my DH was willing to wear this...

173 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

We got to Pioneer Hall in plenty of time, so we decided to walk over and check out the stables. We had never done this before, and it was neat!

175 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

Finally, it was time for one of our favorite WDW experiences. We love the food and entertainment at Hoop-Dee-Doo!

wdw201333124600210_6891391436 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

561 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

177 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

182 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After dinner and the show, we ferried back to the Magic Kingdom. Although the park was open very late, and we told the kids we could stay, we were all tiring. We decided to use our Fastpass+ to see Mickey and ride Space Mountain, watch the fireworks, and then head back. We also took advantage of a few more photo opportunities.

wdw201333224656480_6891875473 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333224656482_6891391728 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333224659336_6891875059 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333224658925_6891391552 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333224659342_6891391457 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

wdw201333224665139_6891391761 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After Space, we went to find a spot for the fireworks. It was about 50 degrees at this point, and DS and DH were tired and cold. Unbelievably, they left about 10 minutes before the fireworks to head back to Riverside. (They value their sleep!) DD and I wouldn't think about missing Wishes, so we toughed it out!

187 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

192 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

196 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

198 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

210 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After Wishes, DD and I headed for the bus. It only took about two minutes for this to happen...

211 by baseballsandbows, on Flickr

After an amazing 9 days, it was time to head home!

Coming Up...Day 10: Heading Home with Thankful Hearts

I love the teacups photos! Nothing like caturing the joy on your child's face!

Excellent use of a snack credit by your son!

I love Port Orleans Riverside. So beautiful!

The crowds don't appear that bad from your photos.

Haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo in some time. I think it's time to get back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter