Our September 2011 Pre-Trip Adventure!! (Update 09/29/2011 - Link to TR!)

Ouch on getting up early on a rest day but you have a great reason.

I have heard that the 1900 PF breakfast is great. We have only been there for dinner though. The dinner is also a hoot with the step sisters. This is the place I referred to in my TR Tanz where we had a chef that was amazing when it came to accommodating dietary restrictions. I believe that the chef's name was Tjetjep. I usually just go through the buffet line with the chef and they point out things I can eat and that is sufficient but he kept asking me which types of food I like and he went back to the kitchen to make me an amazing meal as well as dessert. I sent guest services an email after my trip to make sure they received positive feedback on him. I am not sure if he is always there and I am not sure if you can call and ask if he still is stationed at the Grand Floridian. IF he is there it is worth a trip if you or Zaheer have dietary restrictions.

If you want to photograph wishes from an offsite location, the TTC is my new favorite place. Here are a few examples from my trip.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Definitely head to DTD and get yourself something from Earl of Sandwich. They are so good. 1900 Park Fare is my favorite breakfast buffet on property. The strawberry soup is great!

Sounds like you guys have another great day planned.

Hey, your plans sound great! Just wanted to let you know I'm subscribing too :)

:welcome: thanks for joining!!

Ouch on getting up early on a rest day but you have a great reason.

I have heard that the 1900 PF breakfast is great. We have only been there for dinner though. The dinner is also a hoot with the step sisters. This is the place I referred to in my TR Tanz where we had a chef that was amazing when it came to accommodating dietary restrictions. I believe that the chef's name was Tjetjep. I usually just go through the buffet line with the chef and they point out things I can eat and that is sufficient but he kept asking me which types of food I like and he went back to the kitchen to make me an amazing meal as well as dessert. I sent guest services an email after my trip to make sure they received positive feedback on him. I am not sure if he is always there and I am not sure if you can call and ask if he still is stationed at the Grand Floridian. IF he is there it is worth a trip if you or Zaheer have dietary restrictions.

If you want to photograph wishes from an offsite location, the TTC is my new favorite place. Here are a few examples from my trip.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Getting up that early is going to hurt but it will be worth it and am sure we'll get to sleep in on another day.

Thanks for the tip about the chef. I have read about him on the dining boards - he is called TJ on there and apparently he used to be located at Ohana but got moved to 1900 PF. Am hoping he will still be there for our trip but will ring to find out. How good of him to make you a seperate meal and dessert - definitely worthy of the positive feedback! The step sisters do sound like fun - I had a bit of a hard time deciding between breakfast or dinner here but The Mad Hatter swayed it.

Thank you for sharing your photos of Wishes from TTC - if ours turn out half as good I'll be super happy! Zaheer is better at taking photos then I am but we will wait and see how they turn out.

Definitely head to DTD and get yourself something from Earl of Sandwich. They are so good. 1900 Park Fare is my favorite breakfast buffet on property. The strawberry soup is great!

Sounds like you guys have another great day planned.

Thank you Danielle. I am looking forward to eating at 1900 Park Fare! There is nothing like the Strawberry Soup available in the UK so it seems like a wierd combination but am looking forward to trying it :thumbsup2

Hi :wave: I am joining in. Your plans look great, I am sure that you are going to have a great time. Looking at your PTR I think we have a lot in common. We are going in September too, I am 27 and my BF is 4 years younger for me. I am looking forward to the big thrill rides :woohoo: but Adam really doesn't like roller coasters so I plan on using single rider a lot during the course of the trip. Feel free to come and visit my PTR (link in sig) and see if we have anything else in common :).

I look forward to following along with your TR and can't wait to see what your next plans are.

You are planning a great trip! I can't wait to hear the rest of your plans :)

:welcome: DisneyAsh32! Thank you - I look forward to reading more about your plans too :)

Hi :wave: I am joining in. Your plans look great, I am sure that you are going to have a great time. Looking at your PTR I think we have a lot in common. We are going in September too, I am 27 and my BF is 4 years younger for me. I am looking forward to the big thrill rides :woohoo: but Adam really doesn't like roller coasters so I plan on using single rider a lot during the course of the trip. Feel free to come and visit my PTR (link in sig) and see if we have anything else in common :).

I look forward to following along with your TR and can't wait to see what your next plans are.

Hello and :welcome: QuirkyButterfly! As I mentioned on your PTR we sure do have a few things in common :thumbsup2

Thank you for following along. I look forward to hearing more about your plans too and seeing if we have any more things in common ;)

Hello, I followed you over here from my DR!

I'm subscribing, can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Ariel and Eeyore are two of my favorites! I love them both, but I like the Eeyore towel best. Those are both really pretty though.

Hello, I followed you over here from my DR!

I'm subscribing, can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Ariel and Eeyore are two of my favorites! I love them both, but I like the Eeyore towel best. Those are both really pretty though.

:welcome: thanks for coming over!! Am hoping to post more later today.

Am definitely going for the Eeyore towel as it has received the most votes on here and I am falling in :love: with him! Have recently seen the advert for the new Winnie the Pooh movie and it is making me release my inner child! :rotfl:

The plan for today is to wake up, get ready and head to MK. We will stop and take in the atmosphere of Main Street USA (as well as enjoy the excitement of being able to see the castle from inside the park for the first time!! :cool1:) before heading to Main Street Bakery for our breakfast.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRUDUVrB08nFDfgf856thwO4mz8nPcLSGSfL3KG6qK5imxwitNq1w.jpg

As we will be spending two days at MK our plan is to cover Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square today. We will save Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for day two.

After our breakfast we will head to Adventureland and get FPs for Jungle Cruise before riding the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. We will then walk through the home of

imagesqtbnANd9GcTbY5buPd7LcRgM1uVprNBvMBrYxCy0KJTzQh9AXYCRVgQa6aaS.jpg

and visit The Enchanted Tiki Room. I have recently discovered that the music played here features in Gnomeo and Juliet. Having seen the film I am looking forward to hearing the music at Disney World!

I will then lust over Captain Jack Sparrow in his tutorial before meeting him again in POTC!

imagesqtbnANd9GcSKXn6hiQdNLYK7wGZOfOVqmfbAI1UfzliI9PXze05p09zCnMCD2Q.jpg

We will then be ready to board the Jungle Cruise and hear all the corny jokes! :laughing: At some point during our time in Adventureland we will be getting a

imagesqtbnANd9GcRPXhMiD06ziJ4fO-KfboNxIapeqFAQ5WFpnW6cJBnmExYTV5Ai.jpg

We are also hoping to meet Ariel, Disney Princesses and Aladdin characters. I will then be excited as we will be heading to Frontierland to ride two of the three mountains! :woohoo:

imagesqtbnANd9GcQFGMj5VF4F_yiay_Sp7fDUvp13tHig7U9sbRm0qTYDXW4CF1FKog.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcRIC_3A_Mvsvlfjn6sLuLGK5zKu4VvhdFu05J49HvO5znde-Phc.jpg

We will be getting FPs for Splash Mountain but am not sure if Zaheer will ride with me. Am going to try and persuade him but he usually sits out on this one when we go to UK theme parks - hopefully the heat will help in getting him to ride this at MK :)

I am hoping to ride BTMR using the single riders line - is there one for this roller coaster? If not, then I will just have to join the queue.

We are not sure if we will visit Tom Sawyer Island. We will decide on the day, depending on how long we can stand the heat! Does anyone have any opinions on this place?

I am looking forward to meeting
imagesqtbnANd9GcQz5Bptrc1nAlpIoHfl6_9Jjf-kstiR16cl_PMazWAWhxwrabeJ.jpg

We may also stop for Woody and Jessie - depends on how many other people are waiting.

We will get something to eat at Columbia Harbour House and then try and watch Dream along with Mickey and Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSFXDx4fslbvAnW5S_jWFWPyvolW1-eqZXEtC4X-rrXWkUgJA81dw.jpg
imagesqtbnANd9GcTeoi7OTtrXCuA78PrpVW2jUlbUGVHlpW-ysInT0Nbu1wsaIRmpjg.jpg

We will probably be feeling the heat by then so will head to The Halls of Presidents to cool down and rest out feet! We will then see what the wait time is for The Haunted Mansion. If it is not that long we will ride this but otherwise we will save it for later on in our trip. We will then return to Pop for a rest and a swim.

We may just take it easy in the evening and stay at Pop. However, if we decide against this then we will either head to DTD or return to MK to watch wishes.

I do have a dilemma with my MK plans. There is no MSEP on either of our dates! :scared1: I am waiting to see if more dates are added. I can swap my second AK and MK dates around but this means missing out on EMHs at both places. It also means we will be attending MK on a Monday and the crowd calendars are telling us not to do this!! The parade is taking place on the night we are eating at CG - will we be able to see it from there? Any thoughts/opinions will be appreciated :thumbsup2

On a seperate note we are under the 200 days mark - only 198 days to go!!! :dance3:

Coming next: Which park will get the most visits??

Sounds good!! I still haven't tried a Dole whip but we'll see if I can get my hands on one my next visit!

1 thing: On Tom sawyer's island, there are about 4 paintbrushes hidden each day. I've been told that if you find these you get a prize, which is usually a pack of FPs for Splash and another pack for BTMR!! Definitely hunting these down next time i go!!

I wouldn't worry to much about the MSEP...I say that because I HAAAATE the parade...i'm probably the only one too! LOL it just causes so much clutter when you try to leave and the music and the floats...ugh, it just annoys me.
I suppose it is really cool though so I'm sure they're bound to add my dates, just keep ure fingers crossed!!

YAY!! Almost there! :woohoo: I'm in the single digits for spring break and tomorrow ill be in the singles for my trip so im so excited!

I would give up EMH at one park in order to see MSEP.

You don't experience anything out of the ordinary with EMH - the same attractions are open during regular hours so you can see them then. MSEP only happens sometimes, and only in MK, so I would try to rearrange the schedule in order to see it.

That said, I don't care for parades. :rotfl: I watched 2 minutes of MSEP and then went and did HM, BTMR, and Splash with no wait! Parades are a great time to go to attractions - lines are shorter, especially for the night parade!

Hi Tanz,

I am throwing in my vote for MSEP. I prefer Spectro but MSEP was still good and you should see it at least once. I wouldn't worry too much about the Monday crowds at MK. You are going at a low volume time so I think you should hopefully be ok with this. Also with 2 days at MK you will have plenty of time to see the park at that time of year based on your plans.

You might want to grab FPs for Splash Mtn after you grab some goodies at the bakery. Then head to Adventure land. You will backtrack a little but not too much.

Sounds good!! I still haven't tried a Dole whip but we'll see if I can get my hands on one my next visit!

1 thing: On Tom sawyer's island, there are about 4 paintbrushes hidden each day. I've been told that if you find these you get a prize, which is usually a pack of FPs for Splash and another pack for BTMR!! Definitely hunting these down next time i go!!

I wouldn't worry to much about the MSEP...I say that because I HAAAATE the parade...i'm probably the only one too! LOL it just causes so much clutter when you try to leave and the music and the floats...ugh, it just annoys me.
I suppose it is really cool though so I'm sure they're bound to add my dates, just keep ure fingers crossed!!

YAY!! Almost there! :woohoo: I'm in the single digits for spring break and tomorrow ill be in the singles for my trip so im so excited!

Thanks, you def have to try and get your hands on a dole whip! Am looking forward to one esp as it'll be so hot!

Heard about the hidden paint brushes but have read you need to get there early...am not sure I will make it in time but will try and get one in order to get some FPs!!

Yeah think you probably are the only one that hates it lol!! Can't really comment as have not seen it. Think I will be switching my dates to try and see the parade - that way at least I can say I have done it and if I don't like it will not bother again! I'll cross my fingers that dates get added for your trip though if you don't like it maybe it's not such a bad thing :laughing:

I know...can't wait! :woohoo: on it being single digits for your trip. Can't wait till I am able to say the same! :lmao:

I would give up EMH at one park in order to see MSEP.

You don't experience anything out of the ordinary with EMH - the same attractions are open during regular hours so you can see them then. MSEP only happens sometimes, and only in MK, so I would try to rearrange the schedule in order to see it.

That said, I don't care for parades. :rotfl: I watched 2 minutes of MSEP and then went and did HM, BTMR, and Splash with no wait! Parades are a great time to go to attractions - lines are shorter, especially for the night parade!

Thanks, we will be giving up EMHs at two parks but think it will be worth it - like you said nothing out of the ordinary takes place during this time whereas MSEP is worth rearranging for.

If I don't like it will do what you did and go and ride all the thrill rides with no wait! :laughing:

Hi Tanz,

I am throwing in my vote for MSEP. I prefer Spectro but MSEP was still good and you should see it at least once. I wouldn't worry too much about the Monday crowds at MK. You are going at a low volume time so I think you should hopefully be ok with this. Also with 2 days at MK you will have plenty of time to see the park at that time of year based on your plans.

You might want to grab FPs for Splash Mtn after you grab some goodies at the bakery. Then head to Adventure land. You will backtrack a little but not too much.

Hi Clearskies. Thanks for voting for MSEP - looks like we are going to go for it and risk spending a Monday in MK! Am hoping we will be able to get through everything we want to in the two days at this park. Have read about Spectro which looks great - it's a shame it's no longer taking place.

Ooh, grabbing FPs for SM early on sounds like a good idea. It does mean we may have to ride Jungle Cruise without a FP but the line for this can't be that bad, right? ;)

Hello! I found your PTR! I love how detailed yours is. I am totally taking notes for mine!:laughing:

Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

Hello! I found your PTR! I love how detailed yours is. I am totally taking notes for mine!:laughing:

Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

:welcome: Princess.Rachel. Thank you for joining - as I have lots of time left till our trip am detailing as much as possible! Am hoping we are able to follow through with most plans.

Am looking forward to reading more of your PTR - heading over to read about your dining choices :surfweb:

I completely agree with others that MSEP is completely worth missing some magic hours for. :goodvibes

Hi :wave:

I'm joining in. It looks like you have a great trip planned. We will be there with overlapping days.

Thanks for the tip on taking Wishes pictures at TTC. Where were you standing to get such great pictures?

Hi :wave:

I'm joining in. It looks like you have a great trip planned. We will be there with overlapping days.

Thanks for the tip on taking Wishes pictures at TTC. Where were you standing to get such great pictures?

:welcome: OhioDisneyLover thank you. Wow I have found so many people going at a similar time to us! Your plans look great too.

I got that tip from someone else and unforunately I can not take credit for the awesome photos. They belong to Clearskies and his TR can be found here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter