Our very disappointing OBB night

What I think Disneyland needs to work on for next year's Oogie Boogie Bash is improving it more. Such as informing guests of cancellations of shows and parades for those days when Oogie Boogie Bash is on and if a show or parade gets cancelled Disneyland should post signs that would read this message "TO OUR GUESTS, DUE TO WEATHER OR UNEXPECTED CHANGE TODAY'S SHOW/PARADE WILL BE NOT BE SEEN AND HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE WILL BE OFFERING A CHARACTER MEET AND GREET IN PLACE OF TODAY'S SHOW/PARADE BUT THOSE WHO HAVE OOGIE BOOGIE BASH TICKETS WILL BE GIVEN A SHOPDISNEY GIFT CARD AS AN APOLOGY. TO CLAIM YOUR GIFT CARD PLEASE SEE CAST MEMBER FOR DETAILS" and with signs like this Disneyland would improve the Oogie Boogie Bash easily. But I think for next year the price to attend Oogie Boogie Bash will be lowered because I cannot figure out why the Halloween parties are so expensive and the only big deal is that the kids can dress in costumed trick or treat and do Halloween meet and greets for free. Or you can do the same thing by going to the mall and trick or treat around the mall with the kids. Hopefully Disneyland learns it's lesson with the Christmas parties and holiday treats in November
I wish lol. I know it’s a risk you take and there are chances that stuff will be canceled but still 2 major entertainment features that were advertised were shut down is a little much. I would have been happy to just have the characters and performers walk down the parade route with no music or floats. I was not demanding them to do something unreasonable all I was wanting was them to make and effort even a small effort to make it right.

I wish lol. I know it’s a risk you take and there are chances that stuff will be canceled but still 2 major entertainment features that were advertised were shut down is a little much. I would have been happy to just have the characters and performers walk down the parade route with no music or floats. I was not demanding them to do something unreasonable all I was wanting was them to make and effort even a small effort to make it right.
You should have stopped by guest relations before leaving. I know at WDW they often offer compensation if major party elements are cancelled (not sure on the DLR side). Sometimes a ticket to another night (hard to do when they're all sold out) or a one day park ticket. I'd still email them with your experience and see if there's anything they can co.

We’ve been fortunate to get to every OBB. I agree with the sentiment that it should be whatever you want it to be. Ride rides if you want - many are spruced up for the event, and we’ve walked on to WS right at 6 before. Shorter lines are great. For the most part, we hit every treat trail, because… 5 year old daughter!

But as another poster said - be flexible! It’s a short event, so if a ride gets delayed or there’s a long line for a specific character, you’ll probably regret spending 10% of the event waiting, more than you’ll regret not seeing/doing something.

To the OP - glad you sent the email. Although cancellations and ride delays or unavailability are to be expected, that’s not necessarily an excuse for no communication, and Disney needs to be aware of how unhappy it makes people (at “the Happiest Place on Earth” no less). I understand in some instances (like the parade) there’s no way of giving advanced notice, and CMs were surely doing there best to put on the show, but in other instances they should be (and often are) better about informing guests that there may be a delay, so you can make your own decision about whether to wait or not. Sounds like they failed in a couple of instances on your night.

I’ve been going to DL yearly (or more) for 36 out of the last 50 years. I’ve always thought I’d make it an annual trip or more with my daughter. But in light of the current state of the parks, pricing, and general Disney attitude, we’re already making other plans. I was going to by multi-day tickets yesterday, so I’d have them available at the pre-increase price, but made the hard decision to not buy them and plan something else.

Still love the parks, and our DVC membership, and OBB, but feeling less of the magic these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter