Overnight Self-Parking at Disney Resort Hotels at Walt Disney World® Resort

Daddio

DIS Veteran
Overnight Self-Parking at Disney Resort Hotels at Walt Disney World® Resort

Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

This is pretty strange after our long thread on parking at BWV for day guests. So now they are going to charge people to park who are paying to stay at a resort and already paying 150-2000 a night? However, people who aren't staying there and are day guests can park for free? How is this going to impact those resorts close to resorts where day guests park all day and go to the parks? There has to be more to this.

This is pretty strange after our long thread on parking at BWV for day guests. So now they are going to charge people to park who are paying to stay at a resort and already paying 150-2000 a night? However, people who aren't staying there and are day guests can park for free? How is this going to impact those resorts close to resorts where day guests park all day and go to the parks? There has to be more to this.

Exactly, this is what I was thinking. Punish us who’s paid to be there, while the abusers get a pat on the back. Why not charge everyone and validate legitimate guest, like diners, conference meetings, resort guest. While we get it free right now, I’m sure think that perk will go away later.

Also, to be determined, will dvc members have to show their membership card during the stay to prove they are dvc members and not renters.

We often rent a car for church, not for our whole stay, I imagine we are not the only ones. If I were a regular hotel guest, how would Disney distinguish between days with car, without? I think that letting day guests come into lots for free is an invitation to abuse the parking fee in place for parks.

I do not think this was well thought out as presented.

Exactly, this is what I was thinking. Punish us who’s paid to be there, while the abusers get a pat on the back. Why not charge everyone and validate legitimate guest, like diners, conference meetings, resort guest. While we get it free right now, I’m sure think that perk will go away later.

Also, to be determined, will dvc members have to show their membership card during the stay to prove they are dvc members and not renters.

Probably just scan our magic bands.

So would we now have to scan to leave resorts as well to ensure we didn’t stay overnight?

So renters would possibly have to pay?

Possibly, but I doubt it. It is not a 'perk', but is paid for by dues that the rental costs help cover. Sort of like use of the laundry facilities for studio guests.

I suspect they will want to see your DVC Membership card to get the free parking. My guess that renters will have to pay to park.
Maybe. Who knows. I know I don't have an actual membership card as I bough resale. Maybe I should look into getting one.

The “resort board” here has so many negative comments about this. I think if there’s any chance of this being rescinded it has to come from those folks’ reactions. As a DVC person, I am not being affected.

The “resort board” here has so many negative comments about this. I think if there’s any chance of this being rescinded it has to come from those folks’ reactions. As a DVC person, I am not being affected.

I agree completely. They are livid over there. Many brought up a good point. Why, if there has to be an "industry-standard" parking fee, do they charge the deluxe resort guests more. I would think parking charges would be even. What's next parking at Epcot/HS/AK is 22 and since MK is the "premium" park, it costs 25.00 to park there.

I have read that people on Twitter and Facebook are posting their disdain for this new fee as well.

They are posting on the visitors page on the Disney FB Page too

I’m sure the card will need to be produced but to think every time coming thru the gate house:crazy:the lines are really going to back up now! Maybe they’ll go back to the old paper pass to put on the windshield?

I posted on transportation board. It’s thinly disguised nickle & diming, designed to increase MDE participation and keep $ onsite. That’s said, I do think charging it a tiered system to be equitable. Hate to see people doing a trip on a dime get priced out.

Good.

While I am also like you this doesn't affect me (though as Dean brought up, it's not impossible they can't change it for us in the future), this is a sad move on Disney's part. I hope they fight back and can somehow get this changed, but I'm not holding my breath

I think this immediately makes rentals worth $1/point more.

If I were the OP, I’d raise prices that much effective 3/21/18.

If I book a BCV studio for $15/point, an extra $1/point would save me $10/night.

Now. That’d suck on a 121/pt per night Bora Bora Bungalow. But, really. How many of those are booked on rentals? People rent to SAVE money.

Still. Some accommodations could be made for higher point/night rooms. Bottom line, paid parking with point reservations exempted just made point rentals more valuable.

The only DVC exemptions I see are for members. We'll have to see how the policy is implemented to learn whether they will ask for your DVC member card to prove you are member-exempted. Since members may pay for their stay with points or other payment, the point-use to determine fee exemption at a DVC resort isn't applicable. The point use comes into play at a non-DVC resort, but the current guidance still lists members. It does not say guests on points at non-DVC resort, it says members. We'll see how the policy actually becomes implemented by employees--- we already see diverse implementation of the room occupied sign.

So I have to pay a fee to park at the resort I am staying it if not DVC and then also pay to park at the parks?.....that's just crazy. I hope the internet looses its mind and fights back before this even gets really started.

So I have to pay a fee to park at the resort I am staying it if not DVC and then also pay to park at the parks?.....that's just crazy. I hope the internet looses its mind and fights back before this even gets really started.

No. If you are staying at a resort you get the free parking at the parks.

This whole idea is completely backwards.. They charge the resort guests a premium fee to park at the resort, yet the people who park at the resorts as "Day Visitors" get to park for free and enjoy all the benefits of that resort.. Going to be some slap in the face when you are paying $20+ to park at your resort and upon park closing you see all the Day Visitors going back to their cars that parked for free... It amazes me when I stay at resort that is near the park just how many people are seen exiting the lobby during park closing... here i am paying $300+ a night and these people used my facility for nothing....

the way this should go is simple... Charge non resort guests a fee for "visiting" upon arrival and provide them a time stamped receipt.. If they are truly visiting for dining or shopping, they can bring a dining or shopping receipt from that resort within 3 hours of their arrival and be refunded at the valet or front desk... if the receipt is over 3 hours old or they "lost it", then no refund.. and the fee should be the preferred parking rate they charge at the parks..

Last edited:
OK. We have APs, DVC and never drive....I am glad to hear that at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter