Packed!!

scauzilloc

DisneyMaster
I knew that this weekend was going to be a mad house at the theme parks but for some crazy reason my wife and I decided to go for it. We figured that we could ride a few rides then leave and catch a movie. With annual passes it is easy to get the heck out of dodge when it becomes unbearable. Well, as we entered IOA at 9:35 it didn't take us too long to turn around and go find something else to do. We approached the board to check out the times and about fainted. 75 minutes for HULK and Spidey! To double check, we fought our way through the crowds to both rides and the times were confirmed. I could not believe how quickly the rides were filling up. I also cannot believe how some people could actually stand on those lines just for a 3 minute adventure. I understand that when you pay for the ticket you want to make sure you get your monies worth, but do you think it is worth spending about 1 hour actually getting to ride the adventure and the rest of your time fighting crowds and moving at a snails pace to get to the journey? I know what everyone is going to say, "it's the only time I could get off of work". And I am sure people think I am trying to bash the theme parks, but if I didn't like them would I have annual passes to Universal and Disney? No I wouldn't. And some of you probably think that I shouldn't complain, I went during that time too. Yes I did go, but I knew they were going to get busy, and I didn't pay, My ticket has paid for itself 100 times over. I just thought I could get to ride Hulk and Spidey before the crowds hit them. I did not expect that much of a wait. I also tried to hit up DD and that already had a 35 minute wait. I too made a terrible mistake!
Don't get me wrong I love these parks, but I do not feel they are worth 50 or more dollars when they are that crowed. That is why I got annuals. If you really want a good time, you should go during October or the middle of April, during the week. Play hookie, if you are local, and have some fun, or play hookie for a week, but if anyone is thinking of coming down during Easter/Spring Break week, at least spend the money for some good, walking shoes, and make sure you are staying on property! If you are going to stay off property, be warned now, your adventure in waiting will begin as soon as you enter the park!

Crowds are getting large. I think it's due to Spring Break and the Easter weekend. Also, consumer confidence is up since 9/11. don't let the large crowds scare you off, though. Remember to arrive early and at park opening. If you do this, you will stay one step ahead of the crowd, which is a good thing in busy times.

I remember seeing a 3 hour wait for Test Track! Talk about a long wait for a short ride! I once stood in line for Spiderman for 60 minutes once and I thought it was worth it. This was before Universal Express, single rider lines, or room key Universal Express access.

Did the IOA wait thing back in the summer of 2000 because I was staying off-site. Never again.

Stayed at the HRH last year and once you get a taste of no wait Universal Express, you'll never want to go back.

This is exactly why we don't go to the theme parks anymore at Spring Break time. We go early June and we stay on-site!!

Can hardly wait to stay at HRH and try out the Express privileges!!!:bounce:

I have never ever been anywhere in my 43 years on Spring Break and decided to give my graduating high schooler a present and take her to IOA/Universal, she has been wanting to go for years! So we decided to leave the snow behind and head down for spring break....you're right it was packed but we did stay at HRH and thank goodness for FOTL!!!! When we got to the park at 12:30 there were long lines just to buy tickets to get in....I think if I hadn't had FOTL I would have left!!!

We go every year the week before Easter, the week after Christmas, and all summer long. Last week at all the parks, Disney and Universal, was the busiest I've seen.

How long were the FOTL lines for the main attractions? Just curious since I have to endur this Thanksgiving weekend.

One time on the hulk about 15 minutes, the next two times we walked on...Spiderman was about a 10 minute wait and then at night we walked on past a 45 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter