Packing....UUGG!

Carol

Living the DREAM
With just a week to go, I'm finalizing our clothes. When skirts/dresses are optional, does that mean it's recommended? I really don't want to take "dress up" clothes. I was hoping that dressy slacks and tops would be sufficient. Dressy clothes means more shoes and that's not going to happen. Our dinners on our own are not the issue. It's our group dinners I'm concerned about. Advice?

Carol, not sure where you're trip is, but on our ABD to Peru last year, no one got very dressed up for dinners...just kind of "cruise casual"....I think the trips are designed so that you won't need to bring along dressy clothes and shoes...most of the men wore polo/golf shirts and the women wore a nicer top with slacks...don't recall anyone wearing a skirt or dress....don't over-stress about the clothes...I'm sure whatever you bring will be just fine. Have fun!!!

With just a week to go, I'm finalizing our clothes. When skirts/dresses are optional, does that mean it's recommended? I really don't want to take "dress up" clothes. I was hoping that dressy slacks and tops would be sufficient. Dressy clothes means more shoes and that's not going to happen. Our dinners on our own are not the issue. It's our group dinners I'm concerned about. Advice?

Where are you going?

I've been on 2 Adventures Italy and Ireland and didn't pack a dress/skirt for either one. It's really up to you. Some do wear dresses/skirts ... it's all about your comfort level. There is no dress code, except in the Churches.

Can I ask what the dress codes are in the churches? I assume no shorts, or tank tops - anything else?

We're going on Alpine Magic, so it's Italy and Switzerland. There are no churches on our tour unless we go on our own. I'm more concerned with dinner attire.

Can I ask what the dress codes are in the churches? I assume no shorts, or tank tops - anything else?

cappygirl, In Italy we were requested to have our knees and shoulders covered since services were being conducted at several of the churches we visited.
In Ireland we didn't go in any churches where services were being held. The ones we saw were in ruins. So that 'rule' did not apply to the Emerald Isle trip and we personally did not go back to Christchurch.

I'm more concerned with dinner attire.

From our experiences I can tell you the reception and farewell dinners had everything from jeans to dresses, even in the Castle. Really it is your choice and comfort level.

Carol - On Viva Italia last year, I would say that most of the women wore slightly dressier clothes for dinner - sundresses or skirts - but not all the time. It did make me wish I had brought more than one skirt, especially since we had some very hot days and it would have been nice to have more fresh clothes to change in to. It probably depends a bit on your group, and there was definitely no pressure to dress up, so don't worry and just do what makes you comfortable.

I really don't want to change my wardrobe. Comfort is going to remain my focus and after reading your responses, I'm sticking with dressy slacks and blouses for dinners.

I really don't want to change my wardrobe. Comfort is going to remain my focus and after reading your responses, I'm sticking with dressy slacks and blouses for dinners.

:thumbsup2 That's the spirit (comfort) of the whole ABD philosophy.

....I have a 4-legged assistant who just loves to "help" :rotfl2:. It's like the last time I went outta town, whatever I was putting in the suitcase, she was dragging out.....thinking it was a "chew toy." Ah well, my suitcase is already out....just gotta fill it up - think I will start in about a week or so.

Good advice tho - be comfortable :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter