PaHunter's return to camping with cancer and as a diabetic

I was to the oncologist yesterday, they want to give me another infusion, this one IVIG, to help me fight infections. I have to go see my PCP here in a bit my hands have felt like they are on fire the last two days. Cancer doctor said try the cream they had given me. That made things worse. Pain thru out my hand and it hurts to touch anything. This morning was so bad when I called I am sure she could sense the pain I was in.

1. It is so nice to hear from you, again, Chris.
2. Certainly Type-2 is an illness, but treatable.
3. Need to coordinate docs and meds.
4. See you at the next FW-Meet.
5. God Bless.

So this weekend was camping at Greenwood Furnace State Park. The plan was to leave about 2 o'clock, just did not happen. Our stairs would not come in, checked breakers, checked fuses could not find a reason. So ended up calling a RV tech. Stopped over and we ended up finding a controller that had caught fire and lucky for us did not burn down the bus. We finally got on the road after dark, we arrived long after dark and pushing near midnight. We attempted to level, not happening. So we ended up sleeping with both slides in. In the morning we leveled up and got the one working slide out. We had filled our fresh water on the way in, site was electric only and 30amp. Saturday went to run the water and notta, nothing, zip. Eventually narrowed it down to the water pump which is the original from 2007. So need to replace that now.
But we managed to survive the weekend. No cell service at all, sites are smaller but a pretty quiet campground. We did manage to get our sleep number mattress out of the bedroom,, and the new one out of the box and on the bed. Slept on it last night and oh so nice, memory foam. We are now home, and motorhome is due to the shop on wednesday to have slide that will not go out looked at, front AC charged.
Will get the motorhome in time for Gettysburg.

Chris before you replace entire pump check the filter Mine clogged last year and nothing was coming thru replaced filter and everything good.

Chris before you replace entire pump check the filter Mine clogged last year and nothing was coming thru replaced filter and everything good.
No it is a brand new filter on the pump. I had it apart over the weekend and it is shot. Need to upgrade a bit to on flow as we are going tankless. Hoped to have new water heater in by now, but my health and just timing has kept it sitting in the box. If this trip to cummins for my slide is a short one, then we may get it installed for Gettysburg. So new pump is on the way and I can put that in no problem. Probably at Gburg before everyone else comes in.

Sucks to have all these little things keep popping up on you and glad it didn't burn up. Now after this trip to get some TLC I hope you get to enjoy some use without fixing issues.

1. Woe to those who do not know.
2. If you have duct tape, you do not need glue.
3. Like The Force, duct tape (alone) binds the universe together!
Duct tape and 550 cord solves all.
It was ok, had Mickey keeping time for me.

So today is the 0ne year anniversary of my diagnosis of cancer while in Tenn. for the Dismeet. Disfamily took care of me and DW to make sure we got to PA. Sorry I cut our week short. I am just over 200 days out from my transplant.

And @tiggerdad wish Maddie a Happy Birthday !!!

Let me echo Kris's wishes for a Happy Birthday to your Bride. Sure you feel much better today than you did last year and continue to recover.

So today is the 0ne year anniversary of my diagnosis of cancer while in Tenn. for the Dismeet. Disfamily took care of me and DW to make sure we got to PA. Sorry I cut our week short. I am just over 200 days out from my transplant.

And @tiggerdad wish Maddie a Happy Birthday !!!
1 year and counting. It sounds like you are improving even with a few setbacks. I'm happy for you and congratulate you. It's a big deal. I hope you have something special planned. I rewarded myself with a first ever cruise on the Disney Dream when I was recovered enough to enjoy it.

1 year and counting. It sounds like you are improving even with a few setbacks. I'm happy for you and congratulate you. It's a big deal. I hope you have something special planned. I rewarded myself with a first ever cruise on the Disney Dream when I was recovered enough to enjoy it.
This years goal was to get out camping locally in the state parks, and relax on those weekends.

So the motorhome was off to the dealership last night. This morning they did some investigation and our dash AC had a leak and no freon. That would explain the hot air coming out the vents.

They also found out why the slide won't go out. We lost a solenoid. HWH has none and not sure when they will have any in stock. So that is the bad news. The good news is then they found a place that does have one in stock, but going to cost me almost twice the price.

But we will be back to being able to use our slides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter