Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the resort part of this I'm most burned up about. Where are the perks??????? What's the point now?????

They were already diminished by allowing those extra hotels to book at 60 days.

And now we all will have one fast pass to use. Yay.

I remember the parking fee outrage. I remember the outrage over paid morning and after close events "taking the place of EMH."

So you could say they've been preparing us for this. There are many ways I can offset the price. That's what I will have to do on my next 2 trips (IF this is in place in July).

ETA: kind of funny how they've added more hotels to the 60 day rule. Kind of a GOTCHA moment, because you'll have to PAY now.
Not sure what the purpose of adding those additional hotels if they are changing the system?

Be interesting.

They have to allow cancellations (I would think) for sick, or flight delays, weather etc, so those would go back in for sale? or the general pool?

Some have to cost more I would guess. A SWGE FP is easier to sell and worth more than BATB (and even a RNR for that matter) for example, so when are the good ones going on sale? 60 days?

Or are the 3 free just bottom tier, and the good ones are all for sale?

CC slot at the kiosks?

Universal already has a paid FP system though unless you stay at their three deluxe hotels.
They also have single rider for most attractions which offsets the standby wait or paying an up charge or st least that was the case 3 years ago when I had an AP

This is supposed to happen later this year. If I had to guess it would be implemented before SWGE.
Which sucks if true cause our 60+ day for wine and dine is three days after swge opens (and our AP renew date is just after the race weekend)

This rumor does not feel very magical.
Nope

Nothing will stop them until a recession hits and people stop paying. People keep paying for add ons and what not so why should disney stop monetizing everything?
Some coworkers were talking this morning about how it’s about time for another recession

It’s a mystery.
Not really...could easily add a tier of rides that require paid FPs and still allow guests to book a few lower tier rides at the 60 and 30d windows...

I doubt they completely remove a current perk, but rather lessen its value and add an upcharge.

So random thought - in the report of Sam’s Club offering WDW tickets I to iced (and it seemed odd) that is specifically stated “and best of all these tickets come with Fastpass!” ... probably just marketing speak but could it be a sign of the future where some tickets come with FP but some don’t?

So random thought - in the report of Sam’s Club offering WDW tickets I to iced (and it seemed odd) that is specifically stated “and best of all these tickets come with Fastpass!” ... probably just marketing speak but could it be a sign of the future where some tickets come with FP but some don’t?
Did you see the other articles that author wrote for People? Please. They have no idea about Disney.

Considering Sam's Club offers "discount" tickets for the same price, I wouldn't read anything into it.

So some guy posted this as a rumor on another site and we have 7 pages of rage and panic in a couple hours?

I'm going to wait until it's real before I decide how I feel.

I'm not opposed to an extra charge FP package. I just don't want them to take away the existing ones. I'm also an onsite person and there needs to be advantages for staying onsite.

Alright, went for a jog and thought of 2 more ways that i would be “ok” not happy with this ( neither seems likely)

a return to the ticket book style: lower admission by 25-30% and all fp’s cost based on their “level” a thru e
or
all fp cost money similar to dl’s maxpass priced high enough so that standby lines are shorter

I was talking to my wife about that. It would be an easy direct purchasing perk, but I kind of doubt we see it unless Rivera sells are down.

I agree but what a great perk it would be in terms of a sales viewpoint. As a DVC owner, I would like to see that perk come to be so I can take advantage of it lol. I'm sure it would never happen though.

Given the success of DVC, I don’t think it means anything.

Perhaps but DVC is starting to turn the corner with how they differentiate between direct and resale owners.

So some guy posted this as a rumor on another site and we have 7 pages of rage and panic in a couple hours?

I'm going to wait until it's real before I decide how I feel.

I'm not opposed to an extra charge FP package. I just don't want them to take away the existing ones. I'm also an onsite person and there needs to be advantages for staying onsite.

It’s only because of who “some guy” is. If it was Jim Hill or another clickbaity kind of guy, it wouldn’t be thread worthy.

I agree but what a great perk it would be in terms of a sales viewpoint. As a DVC owner, I would like to see that perk come to be so I can take advantage of it lol. I'm sure it would never happen though.

Perhaps but DVC is starting to turn the corner with how they differentiate between direct and resale owners.
Exactly - they can make these changes because people keep buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter