• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
I happily stayed onsite and offsite before I bought DVC 15 years ago. I've long since recouped my initial purchase so I now look at the cost to stay as what my points cost per year in maintenance fees. And that makes it ridiculously cheap compared to rack prices. Even if one ignores the parking charges.

I am selling two of my three DVC contracts as I don't need that many points anymore. But I will keep one just to get the benefits - like AP discounts. But I think my strategy may be to keep one of my DVC contracts (SSR) but to rent out the points to pay for the maintenance fees and give me some extra funds to pay for an offsite stay. I didn't want to sell all of my DVC contracts as I like the extra benefits - but then I realized that I could still get the benefit of being a direct buyer even if I rented out my points.

We bought into DVC almost 9 years ago and have also recouped initial purchase. It was before kids too so now that we are bringing kids and we are 2.5 hours away it really makes Disney to be super cheap in comparison to so many other places.

If Universal was really smart/gutsy they would put out a new promotion that includes free parking

When I was at the gym today I saw the new Universal "Grow Bolder" ad and thought of this! :rotfl2:

No free parking promo yet, however I did learn that if I don't grow our vacations bolder pretty soon, I'll be doing the kids' laundry until they're 37! :scared: Good thing we're going in April - phew!

Last edited:

We try to avoid EMH like the plague as wait times increase significantly (even during the EMH).

If you found out that more people went offsite and that EMH became much more manageable and could do most rides with a 10 min or less wait would you say that they value has returned and that the parking fees was worth that valuable time?

If you found out that more people went offsite and that EMH became much more manageable and could do most rides with a 10 min or less wait would you say that they value has returned and that the parking fees was worth that valuable time?

If the value for night time EMH returned it still would not be worth the parking fees to me personally. They have been cutting hours and service for a few years now and it has started to take its toll with our family. The parking is the last straw for us. We are DVC so will continue to visit for now. The magic is only half there for us now. If Disney continues the downhill slide with their customer service, it won't be long until we just rent out our points and take our dollars where they are appreciated.

At least $13 every night for a perk I'd be able to use maybe one or two hours every trip? No.

Maybe others use EMH more, but it's the least used perk for our family. You have to bend your schedule around Disney's EMH times.

At least $13 every night for a perk I'd be able to use maybe one or two hours every trip? No.

Maybe others use EMH more, but it's the least used perk for our family. You have to bend your schedule around Disney's EMH times.

I personally am a bigger fan of rope drop and the only night time stuff we do is usually a party night or we schedule a night show were we are more going for the show and trying to just do what we can prior. I agree that EMH Night time is usually not worth the time but we have had success a few times.

I personally am a bigger fan of rope drop and the only night time stuff we do is usually a party night or we schedule a night show were we are more going for the show and trying to just do what we can prior. I agree that EMH Night time is usually not worth the time but we have had success a few times.
We always found MK evening EMH was good, especially after the 1st hour of EMH. Generally near midnight lines were 0 and you could remain on rides if you wanted. Now days however not so much with less hours and all the paid events.

Possibly, but then isn't it just another upsell. For the price of deluxe parking you could take just take advantage of another paid event that is guaranteed to have lower wait times and maybe even food. I think the bigger problem with EMH is how few they have now to go along with shorter hours.

Disney has a certain idea about the most efficient ratio of CMs/Hours to Attendance. I'm not sure their vision of that ratio matches most customers' idea of an exceptional experience. A company that makes too big of a margin (in this case due to industry leading prices with industry standard service) is destined to fail or at least regress. It leaves too many opportunities for competition.

Don't worry everyone. Mr. Iger is getting a hefty bonus for this one. He appreciates your input!

What's his annual take now?

Well it was proposed at $48.5 mil annually for 4 years plus $100 mil equity. Since the shareholders rejected it I'm sure the board will revisit that proposal and come up with something much more responsible.:rolleyes2

Don't worry everyone. Mr. Iger is getting a hefty bonus for this one. He appreciates your input!

What's his annual take now?
yeah, right when the news of the parking fee hit, my google news front page thought it was wise to tell me that Bob is hopeful to receive his $60,000,000 bonus if they hit key metrics in FY 2018. I'm so glad we can help! (or some similarly large number--- don't remember what it was... it was just poor timing to inform me of it! lol)

yeah, right when the news of the parking fee hit, my google news front page thought it was wise to tell me that Bob is hopeful to receive his $60,000,000 bonus if they hit key metrics in FY 2018. I'm so glad we can help! (or some similarly large number--- don't remember what it was... it was just poor timing to inform me of it! lol)

Its nice to know that we are putting his great great great great grandkids through college

LMAO...just got an email from the Hilton in San Diego advertising a new special with FREE PARKING.

So timely.
Free parking in San Diego. I need to check out that deal it seems like everywhere there charges for parking and I'm heading there this summer the Hilton will def be upgrade from where I booked.

I miss when EMH were longer :( back in 2011 I remember being in the park past midnight in the summer it was relatively empty and totally magical.

Free parking in San Diego. I need to check out that deal it seems like everywhere there charges for parking and I'm heading there this summer the Hilton will def be upgrade from where I booked.

I miss when EMH were longer :( back in 2011 I remember being in the park past midnight in the summer it was relatively empty and totally magical.

It was for the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa. Rates from $169 with free parking. It is a spring offer so not sure summer dates apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter